Case For The Defence

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Ok I am as frustrated as anybody but its time to take a reality check.

Managers Target,

First and main priority is to keep our Football League Status within budget.

What has gone on so far and what is to follow I am sure this is going to be achieved.

9th last year was a great effort but come on the Division was sub standard, York making the playoffs surely proved it.

Season so far :

Win Saturday and we are 3 points shy of where we were at same stage last season when most were applauding the Manager. 3 points that can not be forgotten have been chucked away late in games which shows that the Manager is close to getting it right. Sadly been let down by sloppiness.
At 80 minutes against Cheltenham,Exeter and Burton we were winning,8 points that would have painted a different picture entirely and would have lifted us to a total false position and no doubt have those calling for the Managers head signing a different tune.

A win Saturday leaves us 3 points shy of where we were last season. The Manager can then point out that he has been without two of the most influential players who got us there last season for the whole of this one and another for a third of it.

Just wanted to put a case in defence of a Manager who I think has earnt and deserves a bit more then what he is currently getting,
Question him by all means but sack him come on.
oddsi

Sorry Sussex cant agree with you here, it doesn't matter how you dress it up, our home form since December is appalling & quite unacceptable. The manager selects the squad,picks the team & dictates tactics & style of play etc, therefore if 4 wins in something like 23 competitive games is acceptable then good luck to us all. The only thing in football that really matters is results, & we are not producing. It doesn't matter what happened last season, or if we held on here & there, the results tell their own story.

Lets all remember, that OK we finished 9th last season, but had we lost the meaningless last game of the season at Cheltenham we could have finished 16th ! Also we had the fortune of the most ridiculous own goal I have seen, Keith Weller apart.

So if we consider Wayne should continue, what would be considered a turn around in our fortunes at home ? I would say that he cannot afford to lose any of our next five at home, failure to meet that target & then he should go. ( Really i think he should go now )
ARNU

I want Wayne to get thru this,honestly I do.But he needs to know what hes dishing up at the moment is shit.4 home wins in 25 or whatever it is aint acceptable and would be a sacking offence anywhere else in the league.4 wins on the trot now would not go a miss,but we should be beating Newport at home and Id have that as a must win or lose your job game for Wayne now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
redboy

If this was ANY other football league club, the board would have sacked him. What message is this sending out? We're happy to play shit football, grab a win here and there and as long as we stay up, he's done a great job. I know we sold cheap season tickets, but the fans are paying for conference south standard football. I'd rather pay more and see a better product.
TheLion

Considering Ebbsfleet whacked us 4-0, I would say the lower reaches of Conference South (our home form anyway).

I still feel that a decent defensive coach should be able to sort us out, but we seem to lack the necessary skills either on the pitch or within the management team.
leewilson

The most frustrating thing about our home form this season is that it reads won 2, lost 4 when actually it should be the other way round. We shouldn't have lost to Cambridge and Exeter but we gifted them the match with bad team and individual decisions. An extra 6 points which I feel isn't unrealistic considering the amount of winning positions we've thrown away this season would have seen us 8th. There is a stat out there somewhere for how often a team loses if they take the lead and I know it's pretty low yet we've managed it 3 times from the 7 games in which we have gone in front which is poor.

In a way, it is this that makes me confident that we will be alright over the course of the season. It's not as if we're getting battered or even losing 1 or 2 nil with zero hope of looking like we can score. Going forward we are one of the best teams in the league goals wise and I see this maintaining really considering we have Cureton, Chambers and the likes of Murphy and Zav to come back. If we can just somehow manage to sort ourselves out defensively, we might win a few more of the games that we play alright in rather than chucking them away with shocking team defensive displays.
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:The most frustrating thing about our home form this season is that it reads won 2, lost 4 when actually it should be the other way round. We shouldn't have lost to Cambridge and Exeter but we gifted them the match with bad team and individual decisions. An extra 6 points which I feel isn't unrealistic considering the amount of winning positions we've thrown away this season would have seen us 8th. There is a stat out there somewhere for how often a team loses if they take the lead and I know it's pretty low yet we've managed it 3 times from the 7 games in which we have gone in front which is poor.

In a way, it is this that makes me confident that we will be alright over the course of the season. It's not as if we're getting battered or even losing 1 or 2 nil with zero hope of looking like we can score. Going forward we are one of the best teams in the league goals wise and I see this maintaining really considering we have Cureton, Chambers and the likes of Murphy and Zav to come back. If we can just somehow manage to sort ourselves out defensively, we might win a few more of the games that we play alright in rather than chucking them away with shocking team defensive displays.
Bloody hell Lee, you're not allowed to talk any sense or be slightly positive for God sake! You've got to face facts, Burnett is shit, team is shit, chairman is a shit plumber! :lol: