Ins and Outs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

So come on then we are 25% through season People not happy ,who do you think needs dumping and what areas should we look to bring in players on loan to strengthen.

Personally was disappointed we did not go for Lawson D'aith in Summer in my opinion he looked better then what we recruited.

Batt I was beginning to get but jury still out. Just when I was getting to see what he is about The Manager moves him to Left back so last night showing is a bit harsh to be to critical.

Green gets dropped and can't get back in Team when the Person who replaced him is unavailable , instead we ask a right back instead.

Don't see what Porter brings saw that he can get at a full back at Portsmouth but no end product.

Goldberg and The waiter look to need time something they are not going to get I am afraid.

Doidge looks promising but needs a Partner and as we persist with only one Central Striker can't see us getting the best out of him unless we play 442.

Boucard quality 80% of time when on the ball but can't seem to run a yard.

Labadies two goals against York hide a number if deficencies

O'Brien complete disaster .

Gayle back out on loan .

Pattridge to slow in my opinion to do what we need most and that is to defend. Going forward most balls he puts into the opposing box at least ask a question but we surely need a bit more pace in the area where he is needed most.

They are my thoughts welcome other posters
leewilson

I like Partridge. He's still very young yet is very assured. His pace is questionable but I believe his positioning will improve with playing time. I prefer him at CB to right back though as he gets turned to easily down the line. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him and Doe together although I do like Saah.

I don't think D'Ath would have done it here. He's a talented boy and he's showing that at Northampton now but I think we play too methodically for him to be effective.

I don't think Green is up to it truth be told. O'Brien isn't a football league standard goalkeeper.

I like Labadie and Boucard. Hemmings is great when we're winning but anonymous as soon as the game turns into a battle or is tight. He came with a reputation from Walsall as being a rubbish trainer. The fact he wasn't in the squad last night and has recently been dropped makes me wonder if he's not been putting the effort in at training. Although I was never a big fan of Medy, i get the impression he worked his bollocks off. Perhaps that's what we're missing this year, especially when you consider the likes of Bingham don't seem to want to be here either. Perhaps the squad isn't as harmonious as Wayne makes out in his interviews.

Chambers has been superb and was the one player to really take the fight to Orient last night at the end of the first half.

I personally trim our squad to:

Cousins

Connors
Doe
Saah
Partridge
Batt

Chambers
Hines
Ogogo
Howell
Boucard
Labadie

Murphy
Cureton
Doidge
Yussef

That's an ideal world which leaves us fine up front and in centre mid but needs us leaving to strength the creativity and solidity around the edges of the team.
SUSSEX DAGGER

No Zav them Lee or is that an oversight.

Sometimes wonder if we should have gone for quality rather then unproven quantity. Sorry see you did keep Zav
Mark

Neither left back is currently good enough. If we think one may make it then keep them but we need somebody to start.

Our only right back Batt is nowhere near it. Half a trick is enough for him to get roasted, he leaves his runner so often and he walks through the game like he thinks he's above it. Total waste of space.

Partridge is decent and I'd perhaps partner him with Doe as previously suggested. Gayle is average but still learning, the manager slaughtering him won't help so perhaps he needs a new club.

Boucaud is not the answer as a defensive midfielder as he can't defend. If we are going to dictate the play then he's very good, if we're going to continue to fall back into our own half then he isn't.

Goldberg isn't going to get a look in with the 1 up front but I'd like to see him alongside Doidge. I'm amazed we started the season without any forward with any size. Well, I'm not actually but that says a lot.

Cousins has done alright with little to really save although his command of area has been good. We've probably got a bit lucky with him as we missed our main targets.

Labadie to me looks no better or different to what we already had.

Out wide I think Chambers is a lot of huff and puff with very little product. If we are really relying on him as our main creative force then we are in trouble. He works back but never seems to get close enough to make a tackle. Hemmings on the other hand is a ball watcher and very hit and miss, much like Medy.

I'd like to think we can replace both full backs, a midfielder (likely labadie) and a winger (likely porter). To me though the main issue is the manager.
matt_drfc

I agree with Lee on a lot of what he said, but when you post that team, is that the players to keep now or at the end of the season?

For now, personally, with our current side, I would loan out/keep out on loan: Gayle, Raymond, Goldberg, Shields, Nouble and not renew Porter's contract.

So to continue for the rest of this season:

Cousins
O'Brien

Batt
Doe
Saah
Partridge
Connors
Green

Labadie
Boucaud
Bingham
Ogogo
Howell

Chambers
Hemmings
Hines

Murphy
Cureton
Doidge
Yusuff

I had faith in Batt at the start, I thought he'd bring a lot of experience, but he doesn't look up to it and as one of the highest earners I'm disappointed that he's here for 2 years, hopefully he can prove me wrong. That is where I think we could improve, also an experienced Left Back would be nice.. But if not, so be it, I'd accept a consistent back line of Batt, Doe, Saah, Connors with Partridge and Green as back up.
Adrian

In terms of what we need - a left back - Connors isn't strong enough, and if Partridge is preferred there as second choice before Green, then Green can't be much cop either.
We also need a centre-back with a bit of experience and character.
For me, our defence hasn't been great since the beginning of last season. There have been quite a few players tried there but I don't remember Saah ever being dropped, and if you have someone somewhere consistently and there is always a problem, maybe it isn't with everyone you've tried with them? AS others have suggested, maybe give Doe and Partridge a go.
We could do with a winger that wants to get to the by-line and get crosses in rather than always coming in. We could do with a central player with something different about them as well.

In terms of who we brought in, generally I don't think we got anyone better than what we already had, with Cureton as the one exception.
Chambers can't be faulted for effort or his general desire to go forward with the ball, but his end product is pretty poor. He's better than Hemmings and Porter though. I don't think we needed all of them, and don't believe that Goldberg or Shields could offer any less than Porter does.
I don't think much of Boucaud or Labadie. Boucaud is amazing when he gets the ball under a lot of pressure, but otherwise doesn't do much other than slow anything we do down.

For players to go - we might as well pay up Shields and Goldberg - they're not going to be given a go so there's not point having them. Raymond needs to go out on loan, if he's only going to get a couple of minutes in the JPT he can't be pressing for regular fist team football.
ARNU

Partridge.......No good too slow.
Shields..........Ineffective
Green...........Nothing special
O'Brian..........Wouldn't trouble Dave hogan
Porter...........Will only get last 15 mins when we're 3-0 down
Batt.............Wont get near the side if anyone half decent comes along
Labadie........ Same as Batt

BYEEEEEE!!!!

These 3 worry me...

Zav...Expensive luxury that will be off at the 1st opportunity.
Murphy.....Ok when fit but will he want to play conference football ?
Bingham...Just the injury problems.

I like Chambers,Hemmings,Boucard,Doey,Cureton,Cousins,Howell,Abs,Saah,Doidge(What little I've seen)

Keep Gayle and Connors but they need more time I think.

Havent seen enough of the others to pass comment.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TheLion

How anyone could have given Batt a 2 year deal (if in fact that is the case), then I am astonished, if not surprised . He must go somehow!

I will be amazed if Abu is here by the end of January. The club will sell him then rather than get nothing for him next summer. Perhaps some of you think that Abu would like to sign a contract extension? I think he deserves a chance in League 1.

I do not think the manager will be shown the door, as who is out there, for the same monthly wage who could do a better job? I am not saying he is doing a good job, because I also sense he has, or is on the point of "losing" his relationship with the players. You just have to watch him at most games to appreciate that man management is not his strength.

The only ray of light for me so far this year has been JamieC.
Dagdale

I can't quite get me head around what exactly is caused this awful dross this season, selling quite a large unit of players albeit some of them were not particularly firing full cylinders last season and long term injuries to a 'couple of stars' doesn't set a good ball rolling, but last season other than a dreary Mansfield and York away we did get the enjoyment of seeing our team looking a fairly decent League 2 side and playing quite a few games of good football and effort applied, home form has of course been a major issue, but feel angry because the club had the time to put this right well before this 8 weeks into the season position we stand at now and can't see any enjoyment on the horizon. Only one team (Northampton) took us to the cleaners and looked good and that of course was our fault but only two players so far have shone a decent light in my eyes JC and Chambers. Build up a new side of players Wayne before its too late maybe even giving some youngsters the chance with the passion to wear the shirt with pride starting at Accy.
Lcbdagger

I don't understand the 'who is better out there' mentality... manager is not doing his job and would be out the door at 90% of other clubs by now... the 'who else do you bring in' is an issue the Board deal with. If we had Mourinho managing our team with the current attendances and Home record/ poor substitutions/ dodgy tactics/ lack of fight among the players/ publically giving the team abuse on performances after a win etc etc then you would expect him to be out, regardless of the financial or personality issues