On a brighter note - Ashley Chambers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Aside from doing nothing in the way of defensive duties, he has looked really exciting this season. Completely different player to the one we had on loan last season. Can't imagine many of us would've seen this coming when we signed him in the summer.

Long may it continue.
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:Aside from doing nothing in the way of defensive duties
Are you serious? He is the only winger who does help out defensively, when Batt/Partridge go on a wander, he consistently gets back in their place..
Richie

matt_drfc wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Aside from doing nothing in the way of defensive duties
Are you serious? He is the only winger who does help out defensively, when Batt/Partridge go on a wander, he consistently gets back in their place..
Agreed Matt, he certainly does his bit. But I also agree with Romford, has probably been player of the season up to now
Lcbdagger

In fairness to Rmford... Chambers tackles like Boucard... however he certainly helps out when he can and seems to have bundles of energy. Gets the crowd going even during a poor day for the team
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Agreed Matt, he certainly does his bit. But I also agree with Romford, has probably been player of the season up to now
Yeah 100%, I agree with the second part of his post. He's been brilliant, only player willing to at least try and beat his man. Got past Cuthbert numerous times on Tuesday, just failed to get that final ball. I like that he's versatile aswell, always gives us the option of either wing, behind the striker, alongside the striker or as the striker. He will only get better and he's not exactly old at 24 either.
The Romford Dagger

Okay nothing was a little exagerative but as mentioned already he may run the twenty yards but then tackles lazily with a dangled leg which isn't going to win the ball back at any level of football.