Luke Wilkinson wins League 2 Player of the Month

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TomMc

£50k was an absolute bargain.
bearaab

Really should of got more. Shouldn't have sold him at all really.
ThatRoundThing

Really pleased for him, spotted his potential at Dartford where we had him out on loan a few years back.
Adrian

Clearly a mistake.

It was established when he left that he was in fact rubbish.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Tell you what Adrian your comment about Brian Saah in an earlier post could be bang on.

Inescapable fact that Wilko went from being calmed assured and a very good Centre half to one that was totally error prone and it all happened when Brian Saah arrived.

What has gone has gone and I am pleased for him pity we never worked out the reason for his total lack of form. Missing pre season was a big issue but it wore a little thin by February.

You don't go from what he was to how he was without a reason.
DI Mike Dashwood

Oh hindsight, what a wonderful thing.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:Clearly a mistake.

He was pretty Rubbish when he left though, every game he played last season he looked dreadful when asked to play 'Football'. Besides everyone knows these play of the month awards are a joke award and only given to players at the biggest clubs.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:Clearly a mistake.

He was pretty Rubbish when he left though, every game he played last season he looked dreadful when asked to play 'Football'. Besides everyone knows these play of the month awards are a joke award and only given to players at the biggest clubs.
Centre backs aren't there to play "football". The fact that none of our centre backs are very good at it says all it needs to.
Good to see you belittling another's achievement though.
NickMurphy

Said when he left I thought it was the wrong decision to let him go so easily, and I stand by that even more so now. Would have much preferred a Wilko/Doe centre-half partnership as I've never been fully convinced by Saah. I'm not massive on Ian Gayle either as it goes, but he's young so he's allowed a bit more time ;-)
Mark

Anyone with half an idea about football knows it was wrong to let him go. He only wanted to go as he wasn't playing which is a farce considering our defending. He didn't have a good season because he never got a run in the side partly due to injuries but partly because the manager preferred Saah. He also had a few different partners on the occasions he did play.
mickeyblue

Good for wilko

We defo lack a player like him at set plays etc
Not sure many are conviced by saah tbh
Doe is a must with 1 from gayle who looked good end of last season
Or partridge who lacks pace.

Couldnt hurt to try it
but we finished 9th!
TheLion

Pleased for Wilko, Funny how everyone seems to be anti Saah now. I have said right from the start that he was not up to what was needed.

Wilko did have a couple of nightmares last season but he only seemed to be selected on sufference which probably did not help his confidence.