Friday Nights

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Has anyone else heard that this might be a more regular thing, us playing Friday nights??

Guy in the office, big Brighton fan actually, said this morning he had read in the paper that we are going to try and do a few more as ther crowd the other day was more than the last few Saturday games against Exeter.

He has left for weekend now and I don't know what paper he reads (unfortunately probably a Daily Mail fan, but can't see them mentioning League Two), so wondered if anyone else had heard.

I actually like the idea, but am guessing 90% on here will have a moan up. Few beers, football, ruby, sounds like a perfect Friday to me!! Used to go to Roots Hall a fair bit on a Friday night, then watch Dagenham, Grays, Collier Row or whoever on a Saturday.
Dagger83

I'd rather Friday nights to he honest. Working in London and living in Colchester means I can get to the game easily on a Friday evening and I don't waste my whole day Saturday travelling to and from Dagenham.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ThatRoundThing

Ok for the locals I suppose. Not so good for those that travel or don't get home early enough on Fridays.
Good for Dagger83 but not so probably for Sussex and myself. Work day owing allowed us to go that night.

Lose some fans but in all honesty probably gain a few more. I noticed quite a few more late arrivals on the Friday Exeter game.if I knew there was a good chance of being late then I wouldn't bother going.

Club bars were also emptier pre game that night with people who normally drink in there making kick off but not enough time for a pre match beer.
matt_drfc

Personally the traditional 3pm Saturday game is my preference, but a Friday night every now and then is fine. Certainly would bring in the fans that may go to a premier league side on a Saturday, and it may give us a chance to be on TV.
hockley dagger

The odd one would be OK but any more than say four a season would make me think about the season ticket as my lad does sports training most Friday evenings.
NickMurphy

I'd quite like it if we managed to have a few more Friday nighter's - would help a lot coming down/across from University.
Mikins

Friday evening game was good fun for me. and if we could win I'd probably even fancy a pint afterwards :)
Sorry about your damn luck!
Dagdale

Swings and Roundabouts, wouldn't fancy it more than say 2/3 times per season but as I quite enjoy taking in and exploring new grounds could venture a new field on the Saturday, Of course it can also swing a brace if a match of ours is played on a Sunday too ( Morecambe next February?)
TheLion

Friday nights are a nightmare for my journey. I made it last week, but if it became the norm then I would give up my season ticket, and just come to the occasional Saturday game.
Richie

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Has anyone else heard that this might be a more regular thing, us playing Friday nights??

Guy in the office, big Brighton fan actually, said this morning he had read in the paper that we are going to try and do a few more as ther crowd the other day was more than the last few Saturday games against Exeter.

He has left for weekend now and I don't know what paper he reads (unfortunately probably a Daily Mail fan, but can't see them mentioning League Two), so wondered if anyone else had heard.

I actually like the idea, but am guessing 90% on here will have a moan up. Few beers, football, ruby, sounds like a perfect Friday to me!! Used to go to Roots Hall a fair bit on a Friday night, then watch Dagenham, Grays, Collier Row or whoever on a Saturday.
Was in the Standard Mike. No quotes or anything just said we were looking into it. As others have said, I wouldn't mind a few but no more than 3 a season
hockley dagger

One thing I would say is that it would be good if the club clarified their position before they start selling season tickets. I take my lad but we have an hour's journey so we don't do Tuesday nights in school term - too late for him. Chick in more than a couple of Fridays and even the very good value season ticket starts to look a little marginal. One thing has always struck me about the Football League - surely they ought to schedule midweek games in school holidays as much as they can?