Hows This for an Idea To Improve Home Form

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

On the way home from Accrington it cross my mind that we seem to have a good record when we have to travel a distance.

Now being bored at work I thought I would look at it and set the the perameters to a round trip 0f 320 miles.

Since Wayne has been in charge

We have played 19 won 8 drawn 6 and lost 5 when we have had to travel such distances. Out of them 5 defeats I remember two that we should never have lost

Defies logic but the further we travel the better we are or so it seems.

So don't bother Wayne wasting your time on the training ground take them on a 160 mile bus ride.
PaulHornchurch

In a way you might have something here. Speaking to Darren before the game he was saying how the boys were loving the day before, when they travelled up to Bolton and trained on immaculate pitch at Bolton Wanderers Academy.

Overnights before a home game is a no-no at Div 2 level, but perhaps a change somewhere needs looking at.
Ilford Dagger

In the Prem Managers would try something like that in similar circumstances (someone like the great Brian Clough for example).
OBD

I suspect this in part is due to playing in front of Daggers supporters who want to sing and get behind the team, rather than fans looking to boo, c*nt them off and look for a scapegoat at every opportunity.

Maybe we are a part of the problem?
@OfficialBigDave
Diggerthedog

OBD wrote:I suspect this in part is due to playing in front of Daggers supporters who want to sing and get behind the team, rather than fans looking to boo, c*nt them off and look for a scapegoat at every opportunity.

Maybe we are a part of the problem?
If they can't take a bit of deserved flack from 1200 daggers fans then perhaps professional football is not for them.
dagger4eva

True point digger but the original point by OBD is valid.

Theres more support in one of Katie Price's bras than our team get at home games! *edited to say .. and have done for a few years now*
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="OBD"]I suspect this in part is due to playing in front of Daggers supporters who want to sing and get behind the team, rather than fans looking to boo, c*nt them off and look for a scapegoat at every opportunity.

Maybe we are a part of the problem?[/quote
Well there was a fair few Daggers who had plenty to say as the Team and Management walked to the Dressing Room at Half Time Saturday and believe you me it was not complementary.

The Dressing Room back onto the Area where a number of Daggers congregated during the break. We had just stood in the pissing rain on an open Terrace for 45 minutes and made our feelings clear to what was considered a rather meek and tepid display.

Credit to them all tho they looked 100% better second half