Dagenham East Sainsburys/Parking on matchdays

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TomMc

With Sainsburys opening a new store at Dagenham East (and potentially a big car park), does anyone know if the Club has explored the possibility of maybe doing a deal to use part of their car park on matchdays (possibly with some kind of subsidised ticket in some way)?

Parking on match-days around the ground is pretty tricky, and I wonder if more people would attend if they were guaranteed to have somewhere to park.
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
Parking on match-days around the ground is pretty tricky
Is it?
bloke down the pub

Dream On.
TomMc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TomMc wrote:
Parking on match-days around the ground is pretty tricky
Is it?
It can be if you don't get there early enough...

..admittedly less of a problem now than it was in L1.
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
It can be if you don't get there early enough...

..admittedly less of a problem now than it was in L1.
I don't recall ever having to walk as far from my car as it would be to walk from the new Sainsbury's.

Not to say it isn't a decent idea to get something sorted, for away travellers in particular.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

We park outside the police station these days, every time we pull up I feel like I'm on The Bill
matt_drfc

Normally get there about 2.30 and park near eastbrook, always plenty of space
bearaab

Park alongside the park. Only games I haven't managed it was Shrewsbury last daybof the season a few years back and Millwall in the cup.
Diggerthedog

Parking around the back is simple even 10 mins before kick off.
Pondfield Dagger

yeah park round the back near wantz road...plenty of space.. although the burnt out cars, closed factories, no CCTV and cars going at 60 mph may put you off lol
Dagdale

I have heard about this Sainsbury and also a Marston pub going in on the May Baker site, sounds like pubs now around Daggers a bit too short for most people's liking, so could pull up trumps, but regarding parking feel D & R is a pretty great place for street parking, often pull round the corner into Victoria Road about 1 ish off the tube and even top of the road has more than a couple of slots vacant let alone RRS and all the side streets like Surrey, Foxlands Cres & Bury Rd. Hardly venture with wheels as prefer a few pints in club but when I have absolutely no problems down our way.
bearaab

Pondfield Dagger wrote:yeah park round the back near wantz road...plenty of space.. although the burnt out cars, closed factories, no CCTV and cars going at 60 mph may put you off lol
Never seen a burnt out car around the club or anyone going 60 past the park. Don't see how a closed factory can affect anything and I park my car in lots of places without CCTV.
Kevin

Think it would be a decent idea Tom if there was more of a pressing need on a matchday..but it does seem to be pretty ok at the moment.

For busier matches, my Dad & I tend to park a little bit further away..but it's never usually more than a 5-10 min walk which I don't think is too bad..
Auntie Merge

Even before match days, it would be an excellent idea to talk to Sainsburys about their car park.
I imagine as it is also very close to the station they will have tight restrictions on parking, to ensure commuters aren't using it during the day.
It would be useful to add to our official website whether you'd get fined for parking in there on match days or not, for example.
dagger4eva

One thing that bugs me is that if you try to park in the club game before a game you will be told by some oik with a clipboard that you cant park in there as he has a list of people all whom have been allocated spaces.

What he doesnt openly reveal is that every single steward that wishes to drive in is allowed to park up.
So basically the fans can go do one....

Fair???