Match Thread - Hartlepool 2-1 Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

Will we be playing in red?
bearaab

Being a traitor today and going with a friend to Peterborough vs Orient.
Lcbdagger

Argh!!!! Can we plleeaasseee learn to defend corners???
Tranced

Lcbdagger wrote:Argh!!!! Can we plleeaasseee learn to defend corners???
The only thing I know about to day is the result. I assume we conceded from a set piece again then?
Lcbdagger

Winning goal from a corner... can't expect to win every Away game this season but for goodness sakes don't lose each goal in the same way
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done to the boys yes we lost but sometimes the better team does. The wind made it very hard work first half but second half we looked a very very good team and
how we have lost well in all honesty we were mugged.

Zavon goal was a bit special and in my opinion it was just a case of when we would win the game.

Sadly we paid a price for any amount of hard luck that sometimes meant we were inches away from scoring that all important second.

Really pleased with the effort and performance just was not meant to be today. Keep turning out efforts and performances like that and we will be there pr there abouts at the seasons end.
InTheKnow

Agree totally with Sussex - were there really only 99 of us there?

I've just seen Colin Coopers comments on the Hartlepool website;

“Once we scored I wanted us to kick-on and up to half time we probably did that but full credit to Dagenham for the way they came back at us.

“I’m not just saying this because we won, but I thought Dagenham were as good as we’ve played here at The Vic this season so I’m really, really pleased to be walking away with three points.

“Scott (Flinders) has made a great save and Aussie (Neil Austin) has made an unbelievable block so we’ve ridden it a little bit for fifteen or twenty minutes in the second half.

“One of our goals is scruffy and the other is from a set-piece but I don’t really care because we dug in, gave ourselves the opportunity to win the game and went on to do it.”
NickMurphy

Annoying that with probably our best performance in the last month, we've not taken a point back. Second half especially I thought were deserved something, Hines' goal was brilliant for a start. Can't believe Murphy decided to pass when in on goal, and but for the block as mentioned above surely Medy (I think it was Medy), would have made it 2-1 and we'd have gone on to extend it hopefully. Saah glanced one wide and Flinders made that brilliant diving save from a free-kick, it just wouldn't go in in the second half!

Saying that in the first half I thought we were below par, one standout was Medy's terrific little interception and run where his shot was ultimately saved well by the 'keeper. Very impressed by Medy of late, hopefully he keeps it up. Most frustrating is the manner of the goals again. Their first seemed very avoidable, and I thought it may have been offside. The second is another set-piece that should have been defended better.

On the whole though I enjoyed the game, Hartlepool was a nicer place than expected bar the biting winds and the pub we went into before kick-off was a cracking little place! Very cheap too which was a place. Not the worst away day even if it wasn't the ideal result.

Anyway, Bristol City and Peterborough away next. Two cups wins, eh?
SUSSEX DAGGER

it was Abu Nick. Sometimes you can think to much I guess. Rhys got away first half and only had to square the ball for Zavon to put it away . Instead he took it on and smashed it over.

As you say the one in the second half you would have thought he would have fancied it,this time he squares the ball Abu applies the finish and the defender comes across and makes an unbelievable block.

That sort of sums up our day really.

As for Medi in my opinion he takes it to wide and makes it a lot easier for the goalkeeper.

Then you look at Hartlepool goals. The first looks a complete miss hit that ends up at the far post and is poked in, the second we give their biggest threat in the air a run at the ball and if that is not bad enough you wonder why Young Jack has come off the post .

We were magnificent going forward Second half but however well we played we must be kicking ourselves.

Hopefully we can put this setback behind us as yesterday I left Hartlepool really feeling this team of ours is going places.
Ilford Dagger

A pity that our equaliser wasn't one minute later then it would have shown as -Hines 57, Ouch, sorry about that!
Dagdale

Also a pitty I didn't take my missus into the ground instead of taking in the warmth of the hotel we would of had 100 fans then!