Match Thread - Hartlepool 2-1 Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Well its almost here one of the top two (Plymouth the other) furthest places Daggers boys will venture tomorrow and wondering who's up for it and what do you think the outcome. Really looking forward to this one because the excitement now of travelling to watch a side that you feel are giving it all to get a result and just imagine a win up there and can I mention sitting in a nice 'play off' position this early? Come on boys lets get behind those lads on the Smith & Graham stand and I'm taking for at least a draw, Pools have picked up a bit lately so its should be a good encounter. Ten to five were be hanging that monkey!
HogansHeros

Here Here
InTheKnow

Isn't Morecambe as far, if not further, than Hartlepooi?
dagger4eva

Shouldnt this post have waited for the 'official match thread' to form part of the 'pre match information' and in order to keep everything 'neat and tidy' ???

Utter disgrace and would never have happened under steve mcs forum - Admin, we deserve answers to this blasphemous disgrace!! :)
rechitski kinzhal

Hartlepool 257 miles from my house!
Morecambe 254, Plymouth 252.
Furthest distance we have ever had to play a league game must be Carlisle at 312. And I am sure we played Gateshead in the Conf at 294, and were we in the Conf at the same time as Barrow at 275?
For those of you as old as me, thank goodness Workington were thrown out of the league all those years ago .... that was 330!
What is the nearest away league game in any league?
steeevooo

rechitski kinzhal wrote: What is the nearest away league game in any league?
Assuming you ignore teams that ground-share, surely Dundee vs Dundee United must be up there? https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=dundee ... CAoQ_AUoAg
Mike the Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote: What is the nearest away league game in any league?
The Milan derby?
admin
Site Admin

Bit of long trip so fair play to all the nutters going up there, I won't be as I can't afford it but look on the bright side I get to watch Jeff Stelling's reactions to it on soccer Saturday. Should be a bit of a tricky game but on current form I think we will win up there and put some pressure on the teams above.

Daggers match build up - http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/m ... 45988.aspx
SUSSEX DAGGER

Looking forward to a good day out but looking at the weather forecast this could turn into a lottery. Strong winds expected and if it like anything like the last time we played there then it could tottally ruin what on Paper looks a good contest.
NickMurphy

Topics merged to create a bumper Hartlepool thread!

Looking forward to this anyway, first trip to 'Pool for me and I'm optimistic of getting a point at the least. Or at least I hope we do. I also hope Obafemi starts over Dickson if we decide to go with two up top.
ThatRoundThing

I'm hoping 60/70 of us will make the trip up there, I missed our League One outing up there due to illness but I'm fairly confident of a win for us.
I'm expecting an unchanged side from the one that beat Rochdale and I'm sure Wayne will chose between Connors/ Femi on the strength/weakness of Hartlepool down that side.
DaggerSince92

Not going this time around. Thoroughly enjoyed my trip there last time out, great result. Despite this, there was some embarrassing chants sung in the away end.
dagger4eva

You do realise I was only taking the piss about there being an "official" match day thread??

Anyway, for those that are going (I'm not) have a great time, if you havne't been before, Hartlepool is about the only place that makes Dagenham look like Monte Carlo.
Oh and I hope you bump into Lawrence the Hartlepool tranny - turns up in his dead mums clothes - youtube him/her for a great laugh!
Grimsweeper

Going back to the point about short and long away trips.

I did note that Romfords away trip to Daggers in the ESC midweek is a shorter journey than to their home games!

I guess that why the brought more than they normally get at home.