Shrewsbury

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Ref got big calls right but unsure why he only booked Billy after he had been pushed by the right back, who subsequently got just a talking to... Or why he brought back pay for an injury in the first half with Shrewsbury almost through on goal???

Just seen the manager quotes... He was unhappy to see their man sent off as it affected the way we played??? The man has lost the plot
Stopping for Labadie was wrong. He was near enough to see that he didn't have a real problem, and had ignored Yussef being down a bit earlier when they were in similar positions.
All he really managed was to cause himself a problem.

Binghams challenge was poor, he might have got the ball but it's one where you get it a little bit wrong and you're going off, especially when the opposition have just had a player sent off.
The Romford Dagger

Every fan and human in the country knows that a red card when 1-0 up is an advantage. Wayne claims it was 'dissapointing to see for US. Don't know what to say... Stunned
RampantDuke

Today was the lowest point of the season. At half time I said to the lads that I was dreading the second half - we always seem to come out and play completely different football at home in the 2nd half which never works. Far too deep and the midfield start to hoof the ball aimlessly forward. Despite us doing this all season we still don't seem to learn. So damn predictable. So pathetic. So Wayne Burnett - you're fired
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
The Romford Dagger

I'd love to find out what is said in a half time teamtalk when we are home...
SUSSEX DAGGER

The Romford Dagger wrote:I'd love to find out what is said in a half time teamtalk when we are home...
Do we lock the dressing room door whilst we play the first half thus preventing Asian betting syndicate putting sleeping pills in the tea urn.

Have we had the Supplier of the Oranges checked out as having no links to Far East betting syndicates.

S
Dagdale

Never felt so deflated and subdued walking away from Victoria Road, can it get any worse? 1-0 up, not a real threat from Shrewsbury's attacking contingent then as per norm can't grab a second goal and take the game. Can somebody really tell me they had 10 men on that field? Never seen a side perform so bravely so quickly, of course given on their plate by the daggers, and without at least four superb saves by our top man Cousins, should really have been trashed in the end. Writing has been on the wall far too long now and its just getting too painful to watch now. Southport must fancy their chances next Saturday now at our place, wanna take a close look at them because good chance were be playing em twice next season!
Dagger83

Dagdale wrote:Can somebody really tell me they had 10 men on that field?
I actually counted them at one point as I couldn't believe how overrun we were!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
NickMurphy

First home game I've seen in 2 months since going to Uni, and I have to say it just felt like more of the same, ever so predictable, especially in the last 10 minutes where you just knew it was coming. I know we've been over it in this thread, but how we've sat back like that against 10 men is criminal. With the type of football Wayne likes to try and play, although it wasn't that prevalent on Saturday, you'd think that's the sort of situation that would suit him down to the ground. Especially given Shrewsbury's very generous defence which misplaced a good 5-6 passes in key areas in their own half, yet we failed to capitalise once (bar the Yussuf run which caused the sending off). On a side note, I think Yussuf is a real gem. Only the second time I've really seen him, but the way he runs at players is just magnificent, he's the player we need to be getting on the ball going forward, drawing defenders in and creating space for others.

But yes, totally not good enough once again after the sending off. Jamie didn't have his best game, but given the amount of work he's put in for the team at the start of this season and the amount he's contributed, I can let that slide. As for some of the others like Porter, the old bill are still searching for him this morning aren't they? I had to ask Lee whether he was still on the pitch in the 2nd half he contributed so little. And his selfishness in the dying moments when all he had to do was pass it across the pitch - I don't think I've been that angry at a player for a long, long time. But then it happened again with Murphy minutes later...and then of course it all went to pot at the end once again. Most penalties given away in the league, most points dropped from winning positions and although it's not official, most points lost in the last 10 minutes of matches you'd reckon as well. I've long supported Burnett with the "We're so close to being a good side argument", but if we don't beat Southport on Saturday, and then follow it up with a defeat or even two against Wimbledon and Carlisle, especially Carlisle, then it's curtains for me. There's only so long such poor home performances with the same problems, week in week out can be tolerated, and for me, I'm very close to the end of my tether. I can certainly see why people want him gone now, or even a month ago for that matter - although I wasn't in agreement back then.

Southport or bust.
Lcbdagger

Southport needs a big performance... A win alone is nothing unless we look like we may turn a corner following the game... Carlisle would be abig result but I'm personally terrified of Tubbs and Akinfenwa at the Wimbledon with our defence!
SUSSEX DAGGER

The most probable outcome Saturday is a draw, so much so I have kept diary clear for the replay.

The local skates tell me we have nothing to fear as they reckon Carlisle are the worst team they have seen in two seasons

Still think we have time to get it right. Things can change so quickly look at Pardew and Big Sam and then look at Lambert their fortunes have turned on their heads in under a month.
Diggerthedog

Anyone know what our record is the last 46 league games?
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:I've long supported Burnett with the "We're so close to being a good side argument", but if we don't beat Southport on Saturday, and then follow it up with a defeat or even two against Wimbledon and Carlisle, especially Carlisle, then it's curtains for me. There's only so long such poor home performances with the same problems, week in week out can be tolerated, and for me, I'm very close to the end of my tether. I can certainly see why people want him gone now, or even a month ago for that matter - although I wasn't in agreement back then.

Southport or bust.
Just said the same in another thread Nick, Saturday is a Must Win for me or he'll lose my support.
Diggerthedog

Diggerthedog wrote:Anyone know what our record is the last 46 league games?
We have one 12 in the last 46 league games. How is he still our manager?
oddsi

If we are going start talking about facts, I wonder if anyone else is aware that in the last 65 league games we have played only one goal has been scored by a defender !! That was Doey on the last day of the season at Cheltenham. Prior to that it was Doey again away at Exeter, in the 1 nil win.

Bearing in mind our appalling record of defending set pieces, it just goes to show were pretty much as crap when on the offensive. You have to ask yourself, is this down to our coaching staff ???? If you ask me, you could leave a wheelie bin in the box at our set pieces & there is more chance of it scoring :-))
NickMurphy

In fairness our defence has never exactly been prolific going forward, under Burnett or Stilly. Femi scored once in a blue moon, literally, Hoyte never managed one I don't think, Griffiths was much the same as Hoyte and Abu whilst a right back very rarely chipped in. Doey had one season when he just kept making a front post run at corners and he netted 5 or 6, although Arbs often chipped in + the penalties he scored.

One point of note mind is that corner at the weekend. Short, pass, cross out of play for a goal kick. Went absolutely bloody spare.