How long has Wayne got?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

I'll take a punt at 15th of December. The monday after Tranmere at home. Should go now mind...

Anyone else wanna take a punt?
Dagger In The Heart

As far from Viccy Rd as I could kick!
Dagdale

The true answer would be on paper what's the latest date before 'we can't get out of it now, were down' syndrome. Then it would be curtains. As a couple of wins is 6 points how valuable is that about April time? Could literally with low sides failing at that sort of time strike us gold, but can we afford to take that chance? Every now and then we can pull up trumps with a draw or as a far better away side the magic 3, but to see out to the death I, and should imagine all of us could never stomach a last day bail out like two season's back. So tops, I'd give WB to Stevenage game Boxing Day and that's pushing it, hopefully it'll swing but with about 24 games left by then, a new guy could bring in a new scheme and were out of it, but I'm still cringing about the way we lost Saturday, that really hurt, because we witnessed an opposition with so much fight, if I was a Shrew I'd have been real proud of them, that's the difference with us right now.
ARNU

Well you'd think he'd have been sacked yesterday at any other club in the football league.He needs wins and to convince us he can do it with this bunch of players,a feeling that most of us don't think he can do right now. As for how long he's actually got....You'd have to question the position of those that make those decisions if he loses on Saturday to Southport.

I am quite sure Darren Currie could handle the position of caretaker.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

He obvbiously isnt going to be sacked this week but if we lose Saturday, and there's a high possibility of it happening, I would 100% expect either Wayne to do the decent thing and resign OR for the board to hold an emergency meeting and force his exit.

Should we scrape through which is what I'm actually expecting to happen, I think the inevitable is only being delayed until our next loss.

So, unless we have a turn around of Alan Pardew like proportions I expect we will have a new manager in place before the year is out.
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:He obvbiously isnt going to be sacked this week but if we lose Saturday, and there's a high possibility of it happening, I would 100% expect either Wayne to do the decent thing and resign OR for the board to hold an emergency meeting and force his exit.

Should we scrape through which is what I'm actually expecting to happen, I think the inevitable is only being delayed until our next loss.

So, unless we have a turn around of Alan Pardew like proportions I expect we will have a new manager in place before the year is out.
Yep, basically Southport and then Carlisle are must win games if he wants to stay I guess.
BB-Dagger

The thing with a club like Dagenham is they will usualy promote from within the club if Wayne goes, so who does that leave us with?
Darren Curry or Warren Hacket (hope thats spelt correct) either of these wouldnt bring any fresh ideas in my opinion, we need a new
manager who is going to lift the team and hopefully install some fight and pride in the performances.
unfortunatly I beleive the club will remain loyal to Wayne, hopefully we will turn the corner... but I think we are doooooomed
matt_drfc

Currie for me
dagger4eva

I don't see what Currie (part of the current problem) is going to be able to do differently to change things ........
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:I don't see what Currie (part of the current problem) is going to be able to do differently to change things ........
As number 2 he has to follow the managers philosophy.He'll have his own ideas and plans Im sure.You cant out him just by association.
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:I don't see what Currie (part of the current problem) is going to be able to do differently to change things ........
Don't really know how to explain it tbh, I just think he comes across better, more in control of his emotions and has actually played for this club..
Lcbdagger

Doubt he will leave anyway... But realistically the plug need to be pulled when he said he was upset with asending off in a Home game that we lead in because it put pressure on the team! That was the comments of a man who no longer knows his proverbial arse from his elbow!
Richie

matt_drfc wrote:
Don't really know how to explain it tbh, I just think he comes across better, more in control of his emotions and has actually played for this club..
Less defensive as a player than Wayne though, can't see him sorting the defensive issues.

As for Wayne if we lose on Saturday against Southport it'd be the final straw for me, am still behind him but only just
ARNU

Southport will have done their homework and I think they will hit us from the off.We cant take a prolonged bombardment and an early goal for them will leave us in quite a bit of disarray.Our players will know they have to win and so does the manager.I will attend as Im over Saturday now but we have to win big here.
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:
I am quite sure Darren Currie could handle the position of caretaker.

We need someone with expereance of Div 1/2 as a manager. to put DC in is not the awnser