Happy birthday Stuart Thurgood!!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

33 years old today'

What I wouldn't give to have him in our midfield right now. Won more in midfield in 17 appearances than our complete midfield has in the last 2 seasons.

Happy birthday Stuart!!

Please read my latest daggers post.

http://cockneybyrites.blogspot.com
leewilson

Probably the best player we've had for the shortest period of time, if that makes sense. I still remember the moment he got injured in that game against Rochdale. We were the best two teams in the league at that point and it was a cracking match. Thurgood's injury pretty much served as a catalyst for us to stutter for a few months. Thankfully, we discovered Romain could play CM when we bought him 2nd half of the season and that signing essentially saw us get promoted as without Romain's workrrate in there, we wouldn't have had enough to go up. I'm salivating now at the thought of a Gain/Thurgood CM partnership. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
bearaab

Those 2 were the best midfield partnership I've seen us have since I started going to be honest. Thurgood could've been an absolute legend for us if he hadn't got the injury.
Dagger Steve

leewilson wrote:Probably the best player we've had for the shortest period of time, if that makes sense.
You obviously don't remember the legend who was John Taylor. The then 39 year old who played 5 games up front, was immense, and then retired from football.

Do agree with all the Thurgood comments though.
ARNU

I'll never forget the sliding tackle Thurgood did with his head.Seemed a shadow of his former self when we played Thurrock ?? last year.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !