the day the daggers died.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
oddsi

Poingnant as it maybe being armitice weekend where we remember those brave souls that fought for and lost their lives for this country, that the ethos of what it means to be a dagger also died too...

The manager, the players, the board, need to wake and smell the coffee, todays performance had NO heart, NO spirit, NO desire, NO excitment NO pace, NO leaders, NO commitment, NO goals.....

Where has the spirit of being a dagger gone, we have a team of journeyman who are happy to go through their paces and seemingly not care, a manager who cant motivate them and is clueless tactically, please someone who can, take some action before its too late, I want my daggers back, the club that made me proud with never say die attitude, heart and spirit.
ARNU

oddsi wrote:The manager, the players, the board, need to wake and smell the coffee, todays performance had NO heart, NO spirit, NO desire, NO excitment NO pace, NO leaders, NO commitment, NO goals.....
No Arnu and son either.Prefering a day over the Hammers with a sell out crowd,great atmosphere loadsa singing and a cracking game of footy for a Nil Nil.I see the Daggers fan count was exactly a thousand and that's with kids for a quid.They have to smell the coffee now surely.Got a spare ticket for Carlisle next week too if anyone wants it.I hear Abs got injured,hope not a bad one we need him more than anyone else right now.Does anyone remember a few seasons back.Bath city held us to a draw at home and we went up there and stuffed em on the telly.Hope we do this to Southport at the replay,then again,do we need a cup run when all our focus should be on the league ? Hard times ahead.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

I sat in TBS and it looked a lot more than 1172, Sieve appeared pretty packed and Carling stand was nearly full, fair amount in TBS as well.
dagger4eva

Almost gave the game a miss today and how do I wish I had of.

Weather - appalling

Attendance - appalling

Atmosphere - appalling

General team performance - appalling

Truth is Southport were the only team with any real enterprise and can consider themselves unlucky not to have won the game.

I could probably rant on here all effing night about everything else that appeared to be wrong today but I could drive myself insane.

We are in trouble though, big trouble. In 16 years of supporting this fine club I've never felt quite so downbeat about the whole situation as I do tonight. And the worst thing is, I don't see anything changing for the positive anytime soon.

so sad :cry:
Dagdale

Yeah complete failure again I'm sorry to say today, just no desire from any of our players to go ahead and settle it, I'm sure it was the 87th minute when their goalie had a shot to save and albeit it didn't have too much venom to it either. To be honest the best bit of life in the whole game was half time down at the bar under the TBS, the singing was superb, united between us and Southport, like house on fire and top League! How I'm going to get the effort in to lose a day's pay and home at 4am following morning to witness another 90 of that, question my sanity?
redboy

Sitting in the carling, I thought the sieve was very thin and poignantly flying above it were some kites that reminded me of vultures. Surely an ominous sign for Burnett. We must have had the lowest crowd today despite the reduced prices. As I said in a previous post, by keeping WB on, the toothless board are losing the club thousands of pounds each week. Today was also a sign of the standard we have dropped to, a lower half conference team. Shambolic
Adrian

Failing to beat a team from a lower division is ok if they've played really well or played out of their skins.
The problem is that Southport didn't do either of those and still looked more likely to win than we did.

The attendance was probably better than I expected. There was loads of room in the Sieve though.
SUSSEX DAGGER

In these days of dark Despair perhaps there has been one Player to raise above it, Mark Cousins. Thank the lord we have a dependable Goalkeeper as one mistake yesterday and there was no way back.

Perhaps it was the smaller crowd but it stood out yesterday there is absolute no confidence in the team, nobody was prepared to do anything.

Why oh why do we insist on humping a ball up to JC especially in that wind. It was only when Bouchard came on did we get the ball down but even then there was absolute no threat.

Replay will be interesting in as much they surely wont camp in their own half like they did the majority of yesterdays game.

After getting to 80 minutes just glad to have survived,what a rather sad statement to have to make.
Mark

Boucaud keeps it on the deck but slows the game down so the opposition can get in position.

At this level you have to play it long sometimes and every other side in the division has somebody with some size in the front 2 or 3. You can play it long with smaller players if you do it into the channels but the pitch was slippery and the ball just went out of play. So you have to use a bit of brain which many of ours seem to lack.
dagger4eva

Gotta admit, I deviously got out to the clubhouse during half time. 1st half was THAT bad that l almost couldbt be arsed to return for the 2nd.
10 mins in and l of course did... schoolboy error!!

After a good nights kip and time to reflect l thought our predicament might not be so bad... unfortunatelyl fear it is.

I dont not see where or how this current crop of players, under leadership of the 3 stooges can turn a corner.

Cousins is one shining light by the way. Fantastic keeper, very composed and assured.

Anyone else notice the sole daggers player (think it was Howell) who spent a good 30 seconds sarcastically clapping the home fans as they were filing out behind the goal,none of whome were givingan ounce of recognition to the 'players'.

Not only has wayne and his mob lost the dressing room but it seems the team have lost the fans. Its all very sad
Chigwellian

I said months ago that WB is a nasty bit of work, and that the players have got no respect for him... That he had lost the dressing room etc etc.

I know that for a fact as I have had personal dealings with him and his stooges, as well as Steve (the weasel) Thompson.... If we don't get shot of this mob, we will spiral down the pyramid
Mark

I'm not sure what Luke was doing. Maybe he wanted to front up to the fans unlike some of the others or maybe he is annoyed at the lack of support. He took some abuse aimed at the manager which wasn't particularly fair.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:I said months ago that WB is a nasty bit of work, and that the players have got no respect for him... That he had lost the dressing room etc etc.

I know that for a fact as I have had personal dealings with him and his stooges, as well as Steve (the weasel) Thompson.... If we don't get shot of this mob, we will spiral down the pyramid
So sad to see comments like this, like D4E I just cant see any end to it and I hear that comments of we are punching above our weight is those in charge response.

To me this is a far better collection of Players then in previous seasons but it is just not happening.

We need a spark perhaps it wont come until Hines and Murphy are both up and at it but something needs to happen.

Don't know if he will go into the loan market but it looked obvious yesterday something needs to change.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: To me this is a far better collection of Players then in previous seasons but it is just not happening.

We need a spark perhaps it wont come until Hines and Murphy are both up and at it but something needs to happen.

Don't know if he will go into the loan market but it looked obvious yesterday something needs to change.
I think the key there is that is just a collection of players. It isn't a team or even a squad. It's a just a set of footballers almost randomly throw together.

I'm not sure what going into the loan market will help with. The previous ventures into that market haven't been of the sort that suggest anything would change.

There is only one change that can make any difference now and that's to the management/coaching staff.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: To me this is a far better collection of Players then in previous seasons but it is just not happening.

I think the key there is that is just a collection of players. It isn't a team or even a squad. It's a just a set of footballers almost randomly throw together.

I'm not sure what going into the loan market will help with. The previous ventures into that market haven't been of the sort that suggest anything would change.

There is only one change that can make any difference now and that's to the management/coaching staff.
Well what I am hearing you have more chance of being struck by lightening down a Welsh Coal Mine then that occurring .