Come on then.. where do we go from here ??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Fair points Sussex and again, cant really argue with any of that.

Im all for getting behind the team and infact the majority of the support (up until saturday) have really done nothing BUT support the team. But there does come a point when enough is enough and you cant do it blindly anymore.

As Dashers says, weve been in worse states as a club than we currently are. The question is, do we dare ever contemplate those really dark days returning.

Be careful what you wish for indeed but to turn a blind eye and carry on with what we have, regardlesswould be criminal.
DI Mike Dashwood

Don't get me wrong, I would not sit here and say "everything is great, Saturdays are really enjoyable and I can't see why people are not happy watching this dross every Saturday" as I don't think that. And you are right, there is always a danger when things start sliding that they can slide further and you end up in a real big mess.

As I say, I have views on it, but I don't know what the right answer is.

All I would say, backing what Sussex said, is that Saturday for instance is a chance for people to really back the Team. Whatever peoples views on here, I am sure that 100% of people want what is best for the Club, even if they believe that is different things. And the next three games are crucial, not just for the team and the season but potentially for the longer term good of the Club. Our support has always had respect from other people, not really for numbers, but for being loyal, good humoured, good natured and supportive of the Club, and everyone should show this on Saturday at Wimbledon if they can.

I expect to see you there Arnu ;)
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Have we really only won 4 home games since that Wycombe game? That must be a year ago? Amazing.
oddsi

Once a Dagger always a Dagger. Those of us who have been supporting the club for years knows the true meaning of this, & I think a huge amount of the problem at the moment is, that most of us fans, do really understand the financial constraints of which the manager & club have to work under, but that has been the case forever, & the real fans expectations are in truth not unrealistic, but what we do expect is that the meaning of being a 'Dagger' is transferred through the club to the management & players, whereby us fans appreciate the team when we can see them fighting for every ball, making tackles etc, but this current lame squad ( one or two exceptions ) really have not one idea of what is required to be a Dagger, & until that happens under whoevers guidance this club is only going one way.....

We all remember the days of bringing through & signing young hungry fighters from the lower leagues who were coming to the Daggers to improve themselves & move on, Mackail-Smith, Blackett, Griffiths, Green, Benson, Gayle, to mention a few, where are these types now, Ok we have another Green, Partridge, Yuseff etc, but when are they going to show us the true spirit of being a Dagger ? Or just could it be, that they are being coached badly & have a manager who has no idea how to motivate or get that ethos across ???

My personal opinion is, that we will not see change whilst Burnett is manager....simples ;-))
Chigwellian

oddsi wrote:Or just could it be, that they are being coached badly & have a manager who has no idea how to motivate or get that ethos across ???
YES
NickMurphy

I really don't know what we do at this stage. The home record is obviously not good enough...well...it's a joke, but at the same time, as I seem to say every time, it's so close to being right. But at the end of the day, that's not good enough anymore. If it's consistently falling short, then there's obviously something amiss, and that suggests to me that in the long term, it just isn't going to work. The game against Southport was the best chance we're going to get to build some momentum, lift spirits and moral with a solid home win - and we missed the chance completely. I wasn't there, but it sounded horrific, and from when I read the team I knew we weren't going to get a result. Opportunity missed, and while as I repeat I really want it to work for Wayne, I think we're getting to a stage where all involved know it isn't going to.

I'll support him and cheer the team on at Wimbledon on Saturday, but I'm afraid I know longer think he's the right man for the job. (Although he's more than welcome to prove me wrong against Wimbledon/Southport and Carlisle).
Mike the Dagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Have we really only won 4 home games since that Wycombe game? That must be a year ago? Amazing.
Yes. We even lost all our home friendlies!

30/11/2013 Wycombe Wanderers Home Sky Bet League Two W2-0
21/12/2013 Torquay United Home Sky Bet League Two L0-1
01/01/2014 AFC Wimbledon Home Sky Bet League Two W1-0
11/01/2014 Fleetwood Town Home Sky Bet League Two L0-1
25/01/2014 Scunthorpe United Home Sky Bet League Two D3-3
28/01/2014 Southend United Home Sky Bet League Two D1-1
08/02/2014 Hartlepool United Home Sky Bet League Two L0-2
22/02/2014 Plymouth Argyle Home Sky Bet League Two L1-2
01/03/2014 Mansfield Town Home Sky Bet League Two D0-0
15/03/2014 Morecambe Home Sky Bet League Two D1-1
25/03/2014 Accrington Stanley Home Sky Bet League Two D0-0
29/03/2014 Oxford United Home Sky Bet League Two W1-0
12/04/2014 Portsmouth Home Sky Bet League Two L1-4
21/04/2014 Chesterfield Home Sky Bet League Two L0-1
26/04/2014 Northampton Town Home Sky Bet League Two L0-3
22/07/2014 Milton Keynes Dons Home Friendly L0-1
26/07/2014 Colchester United Home Friendly L3-4
02/08/2014 Tottenham Hotspur XI Home Friendly L1-2
09/08/2014 Morecambe Home Sky Bet League Two L0-3
12/08/2014 Brentford Home Capital One Cup First Round D6-6 AET, L2-4 on penalties
23/08/2014 Mansfield Town Home Sky Bet League Two W2-0
06/09/2014 Northampton Town Home Sky Bet League Two L0-2
13/09/2014 Cambridge United Home Sky Bet League Two L2-3
27/09/2014 York City Home Sky Bet League Two W2-0
03/10/2014 Exeter City Home Sky Bet League Two L1-2
07/10/2014 Leyton Orient Home Johnstone's Paint Trophy Second Round L0-2
18/10/2014 Newport County Home Sky Bet League Two L0-1
01/11/2014 Shrewsbury Town Home Sky Bet League Two L1-2
08/11/2014 Southport Home FA Cup First Round D0-0
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: I expect to see you there Arnu ;)
My sons on the coach and has his place booked for Bury.I will be there in spirit but I cant say Im too optimistic for any great change in fortune.

Fickle things that we are a few wins would buy Burnett some time and probably freedom of the borough but his home record does not lie.The loss of some pretty good players over the summer and I believe,loss of the dressing room with his outburst v Wycombe that day has never been recovered from.Do you think the leaving of Medy,Femi,Wilko and the 2 keepers would really have occurred had he not bollocked them for what I saw as a good home win.The change of tactics which I certainly longed for started off quite well then he just abandoned it for more hoof only this time with midgets up front.

We should rally round (all 800 of us and decreasing) but the real answer is pretty easy.Win the next few games,dont get dumped out the cup and sort it out Mr Burnett.A defeat at Wombles and Southport followed by another home disaster v Carlisle aint how to do it !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
IanC

Only one answer to this question and that's Wimbledon.We crack on and go again,be nice to get plenty of numbers there and really get behind the lads.
DI Mike Dashwood

Wally and Bill, Wally and Bill, Wally and Bill, Wally and Bill..........Wally and Bill, Wally and Bill, Wally and Bill, Wally Bill.

See you there Bill, not spoken for a while, should be good afternoon, and lets hope for a change in fortune on the pitch!!!
Mike the Dagger

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=365

This thread makes interesting reading. The writing was definitely on the wall in May even with a 9th place finish.
IanC

Sure will dashers,think plan may be ales at Waterloo,bit shit near kings meadow.Train in,game and then plot up for England game possibly in new Malden.Dont forget district line is knackered mate,will have to be c2c to West Ham and jubilee or Romford to Stratford and jubilee.
Dagdale

Bloody good question, and I'm pretty sure the answer would be low funds, still time to play with, pray for grabbing a point here and there, pray heaps the ones in and around us keep coming stuck and gaining FA progress upwards, and whatever's going on behind the scenes that we don't know about or maybe never will can be thrown into touch once and for all. I'm as frustrated as anybody else, especially after thinking that a 9th finish last season, whether it was a flash in the pan or not would bring our daggers out bubbling with greater confidence this term and head toward the play offs, but what an awful spectacle it has become, feel completely lost why our team has no pattern and being taken to pieces by mediocre outfits we make look better on the day nearly every week in, week out. If Wayne does go, who the hell is available out there with very good track record, if he has he'll want good financial clout in his pocket, or does the board go for 'an unknown'. I also don't think getting on their backs too much is helping us all to get out of this mess, the absolute worse scenario is come late season we go down, lose some decent income, but we're live another day and re-group, and many of us will still be standing on the sieve, mixing with the same crowd, moaning at the lino, hoping and having a few beers together, Keep the faith!
Auntie Merge

Once a Dagger always a Dagger

but when you only go to home games and lose games because it doesn't really feel like the team is trying, it is enough to test even my loyalty, and yes, I was there when we were crap, (and before when Leytonstone Ilford were playing in the Ryman League 1).

In the past I've gone out of my way not to miss home games, but already this season I've missed more than any other year, because I just can't sit there for 90 minutes watching football which makes me feel like i'm sticking pins in my eyes. During John Still's bad patches I would sit there, typing shopping lists on my phone, or writing lists of all the chores I had to do that weekend, and now I find myself unable to do that. It feels much better to be with my family, watching Soccer Saturday and shouting when we score and all of us sitting there in the last 10 minutes waiting for the inevitable. Somehow it numbs the pain of the club failing.

Even if we with against Southport and at Wimbledon, it is only going to prolong the agony. A change of management is what is needed and someone with some management experience outside of non league. We might be poor now, but if we get relegated we seriously risk the chance of us going into Admin or worse. No comments like "the club is run well" are believable, too many clubs which have been relegated from L2 have gone that way, we are likely to go too.
Woodford Dagger

Sack the board and fold the club. Only way to end these defeats.