Come on then.. where do we go from here ??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger Steve

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Woodford Dagger wrote:Pack it in you two ffs we needed a united front for Wimbledon Saturday. They're probably laughing at the dissent in our ranks at the minute.
United front? Hardly gonna be a fight with wimbledon is there. Or am I missing something
Think some people on here need to develop their sense of irony a tad. :)
The Romford Dagger

Dagger Steve wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Woodford Dagger wrote:Pack it in you two ffs we needed a united front for Wimbledon Saturday. They're probably laughing at the dissent in our ranks at the minute.
United front? Hardly gonna be a fight with wimbledon is there. Or am I missing something
Think some people on here need to develop their sense of irony a tad. :)
I find irony quite hard to gather through text on a a page.
matt_drfc

Woodford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:United front? Hardly gonna be a fight with wimbledon is there. Or am I missing something
He's an idiot
You obviously haven't learned your lesson pal.
Yeah yeah we'll see on Saturday. What's your 'firm' called then?
ARNU

Dagger Steve wrote:
Although no one can really question your commitment, the "football is a product" stuff is bollocks and the type of talk that is killing the game. Ever since Sky came on the scene the whole thing has just become about business and money.
It's not like any other form of entertainment and can't be compared to it. It's unique. You go to see a shit film you forget about it an hour later. Whereas most football fans have a long emotional attachment to their teams, and don't see it as a "product" but a culture, part of their life. Somethimes a small part, sometimes a big part.

I'm not disagreeing that a change needs to happen at our club, it's currently dire at the moment. Just that maybe I feel I have to much much emotional investment in it, unlike trying a different type of baked beans one weekend because the product has become poor.
I don't disagree with you entirely but I think people do get a little bit over sensitive about these things. You are kidding yourself if you don't think its a product.Your nostalgic memories of football (I have many too) count for very little at a board meeting I can asure you.You are right about it killing something but its not the game.Its the emotional attachment that suffers.This emotional attachment isn't as good a thing as you might think and it is over egged.Look how enraged people get on a forum about what they already know is a struggling 4th rate football club.Mortally wounded some of ya as soon as any new idea surfaces.I wish football was like when I was a kid,****** all to get in,players smoking fags at half time and the crowd all kicking shit out of each other on the way out.Great days but really was it that great ? er.....NO ! Nothing but poor football is killing our club.The knock on is that a lot of us find it a chore to turn up when we are on such a crappy streak and therefore nothing will change until things get better.3 or 4 wins on the trot we'll all be happy again.Fickle I think they call it. Little clubs wanting to be bigger ones have to adapt to the surroundings that means becoming a brand and losing the dinosaurs and old fashioned mentality(Little club syndrome).Our problem is we're losing the new fans we tried so hard to caopture and trying to appease the dinosaurs which to a degree I probably am as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger Steve

The Romford Dagger wrote: I find irony quite hard to gather through text on a a page.
Which is why you need to work on it.

Not that I want to spoil DS92 and Woodford's fun, but their posts are so obviously dripping in irony.

I've been enjoying them anyway.
Woodford Dagger

Dagger Steve wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote: I find irony quite hard to gather through text on a a page.

Not that I want to spoil DS92 and Woodford's fun, but their posts are so obviously dripping in irony.

I like you Steve, you can join the firm if you want.
Woodford Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:United front? Hardly gonna be a fight with wimbledon is there. Or am I missing something
He's an idiot[/quote]
You obviously haven't learned your lesson pal.[/quote]

Yeah yeah we'll see on Saturday. What's your 'firm' called then?[/quote]
Who are you? The Old Bill? You'll find out Saturday exactly who we are.
Diggerthedog

Woodford Dagger wrote:
He's an idiot
You obviously haven't learned your lesson pal.[/quote]

Who are you? The Old Bill? You'll find out Saturday exactly who we are.[/quote]

You Want Some. Youve got now fans.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
Woodford Dagger wrote:
He's an idiot
You obviously haven't learned your lesson pal.
Who are you? The Old Bill? You'll find out Saturday exactly who we are.[/quote]

You Want Some. Youve got now fans.[/quote]

You aswell ffs
matt_drfc

Woodford keeps messing up the quote tweets, don't they teach you this in casual college?
Dagger Steve

Woodford Dagger wrote:
Dagger Steve wrote:

I like you Steve, you can join the firm if you want.
If you want a firm mate i'll bring back the IDF. Ready made, just itching to come back.

We were top firm back between 04 to 08. Bradford, Hartlepool, Southend. Done 'em all.

Just give me the nod.
matt_drfc

Imaginary Daggers Firm? Perfect for Woodford, that.
Woodford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:Woodford keeps messing up the quote tweets, don't they teach you this in casual college?
You don't to a college for this. You have to learn it on the terraces.
Dagger Steve

The Inter Dagenham Firm have never, and will never, be imaginary.
DaggerSince92

Dagger Steve wrote:The Inter Dagenham Firm have never, and will never, be imaginary.
Would love to sit down and discuss this, think we could strike up a deal.