Serious Question for the Board of Directors.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ahsatan

I'm no business person myself, I admit to that..however I really am interested to know what the board's thinking is on Wayne Burnett...

I understand that financially the club is hardly flush, and that in order to terminate ihs contract would cost them hard cash...HOWEVER, surely even a 12 year old can see that by keeping this man as manager the club is doomed to relegation this season - and that there is unlikely to be an easy way back from that...ie: long term MUCH larger financial implications...

Perhaps somebody can explain to us, and I appreciate that there is most likely friendships here at play, but if you appointment somebody who's your mate to manage your football club, you have to be willing to sacrifice that friendship, should it go tits up - which this undoubtedly has..

So, my question is, exactly what s it going to take for Burnett to be given his P45 and a proper manager appointed to look after things and pull us out of the deep hole we are now in...??

Over to you........
matt_drfc

The answer is simply, they think he is good enough to keep us up.
ahsatan

Well then,I suggest they get out of football as a business.....because as I say a 12 year old can see he's not...

Any direction at all coming from the bench is coming from the coaching staff. While the man in charge rants, screams and waves his arms around like one of the PG Tips chimps....

In fact, I'll offer my services. Give me 3 games and I'd get 6 points. Purely by not changing the line up every game, by making the players WANT to play for the team and by playing players in their natural positions....

He seems to have lost the dressing room - and having sat behind the hime bench last time out and watching his Monster Raving Loony Partyesque ranting, I'm not surprised...
ARNU

The attendances are falling and I aint gonna lie I aint even bothering next Saturday and I've got a season ticket.I cant see how this current bunch of players is really going to do what we'd like them to do without getting in a few lumps that can defend.Its depressing watching the same old mistakes and results.My son had some kind words of support for Wayne after Saturdays game at Wimbledon and I suppose Im encouraged by that but not enough to believe anything is changing yet.I cant believe the boy is spending his money to travel and watch the Southport game tomorrow night either,even his mates cant be bothered.

I am disturbed that Thommo has said 22nd is our only goal or words to that effect.Do you really think that will get hoards of new supporters thru the gates on a Saturday if they cant even get me to turn up? I don't think Burnett will relegate us as there are other shite teams around us who we have actually beaten already but I don't think even WB thinks he'll get a new contract if we finish 22nd,and to be honest why would he expect to ? Im not sure what these directors think is going to happen but maybe their nerve is stronger than ours.Empty stadium and conference awaits with open arms at the moment.They know what they're doing....don't they ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:The attendances are falling and I aint gonna lie I aint even bothering next Saturday and I've got a season ticket.I cant see how this current bunch of players is really going to do what we'd like them to do without getting in a few lumps that can defend.Its depressing watching the same old mistakes and results.My son had some kind words of support for Wayne after Saturdays game at Wimbledon and I suppose Im encouraged by that but not enough to believe anything is changing yet.I cant believe the boy is spending his money to travel and watch the Southport game tomorrow night either,even his mates cant be bothered.

I am disturbed that Thommo has said 22nd is our only goal or words to that effect.Do you really think that will get hoards of new supporters thru the gates on a Saturday if they cant even get me to turn up? I don't think Burnett will relegate us as there are other shite teams around us who we have actually beaten already but I don't think even WB thinks he'll get a new contract if we finish 22nd,and to be honest why would he expect to ? Im not sure what these directors think is going to happen but maybe their nerve is stronger than ours.Empty stadium and conference awaits with open arms at the moment.They know what they're doing....don't they ?
The bread and butter is Saturday, lose to Carlisle and we have too much to do. We would need play off form to get us out if the mess we are in. Play off form is a billion miles away from anything we are capable of with the current squad/management.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:The attendances are falling and I aint gonna lie I aint even bothering next Saturday and I've got a season ticket.I cant see how this current bunch of players is really going to do what we'd like them to do without getting in a few lumps that can defend.Its depressing watching the same old mistakes and results.My son had some kind words of support for Wayne after Saturdays game at Wimbledon and I suppose Im encouraged by that but not enough to believe anything is changing yet.I cant believe the boy is spending his money to travel and watch the Southport game tomorrow night either,even his mates cant be bothered.

Oh not again Arnu. You know as well as I do the only reason you won't be there Saturday is owing to Personal commitments,nothing to do with not being bothered.

You are a Dagger I know it and everybody else knows it.

Look forward to seeing your views after Saturdays game
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

Oh not again Arnu. You know as well as I do the only reason you won't be there Saturday is owing to Personal commitments,nothing to do with not being bothered.

You are a Dagger I know it and everybody else knows it.

Look forward to seeing your views after Saturdays game

The personal/work commitment is one Id normally put off,I may be a dagger but a blunt one right now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Something which was reminded to me by a committee member a week or so ago.

We remain the only "Members Club" in the entire football league.

As a result, fans at our club have the possibility of making their voices heard and making change actually happen more than any other fans within the 92.

If you're not happy with Dave the plumber, if you're not happy with Tommo, if you want a position on the committee/board or if you wish to help vote another person on to the committee/board or just not happy with the general direction the club is being taken in, the steps are really quite simple:

1. Have a season ticket for 2 seasons (I'd expect most fans already have been way in excess of this)

2. Apply to become a "Full Member". I believe this will involve filling out a short form and you will need to put forward and/or seconded by an existing committee member or full member (not sure which) The cost of full membership used to be in the region of £100

3. Once a full member you will be invited to the Clubs' AGM where you can make your voice / vote actually count.

So there you have it!

Imagine if there was a huge up take in dissatisifed supporters (if you believe soe people's views) or customers (if you believe other peoples) whether it would be change for the better would remain to be seen but change COULD happen, and quite easily so!
I just wanted to put that out there......
Richie

We're not even in the relegation zone and were certain to drop. Okay then...
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Something which was reminded to me by a committee member a week or so ago.

We remain the only "Members Club" in the entire football league.

As a result, fans at our club have the possibility of making their voices heard and making change actually happen more than any other fans within the 92.

If you're not happy with Dave the plumber, if you're not happy with Tommo, if you want a position on the committee/board or if you wish to help vote another person on to the committee/board or just not happy with the general direction the club is being taken in, the steps are really quite simple:

1. Have a season ticket for 2 seasons (I'd expect most fans already have been way in excess of this)

2. Apply to become a "Full Member". I believe this will involve filling out a short form and you will need to put forward and/or seconded by an existing committee member or full member (not sure which) The cost of full membership used to be in the region of £100

3. Once a full member you will be invited to the Clubs' AGM where you can make your voice / vote actually count.

So there you have it!

Imagine if there was a huge up take in dissatisifed supporters (if you believe soe people's views) or customers (if you believe other peoples) whether it would be change for the better would remain to be seen but change COULD happen, and quite easily so!
I just wanted to put that out there......
Actually... when we joined the Football League we had to become a Limited Company so we aren't a Members Club any more. There is some sort fo golden share arrangement so it can't be bought and sold though.

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06134948
dagger4eva

Yep appreciated that had happened.

However, unless im mistaken, in pretty much all but name we are in effect still a members club. And the process I laid out is still valid .....
Mike the Dagger

Yes you can become a full member and go through the process described, but I don't think you would do it in time to have your say on the current manager before he got us relegated or became a hero and taken us all the way to Champions League football.

Could tonight see Burnett's "Mark Robins" moment?
PaulHornchurch

Of course this a long shot, but win tonight, beat Carlisle, draw at Bury, beat Eastleigh and draw Liverpool away in 3rd round and people will be on here demanding £500,000 is spent in January towards our play off charge and Europa League place.

Long long way to go yet
Lcbdagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:Of course this a long shot, but win tonight, beat Carlisle, draw at Bury, beat Eastleigh and draw Liverpool away in 3rd round and people will be on here demanding £500,000 is spent in January towards our play off charge and Europa League place.

Long long way to go yet
I got as far as 'win tonight'...
nomis

If the board don't wake up to the seriousness of this matter they never will now

Relegation means average attendances around 500 and no money coming in whatsoever

Either they replace him NOW or Burnett gets us relegated

Remember it was only two seasons ago that we stayed up on goal difference when he was temporarily in charge and I always maintained that we were so lucky relying on other teams to bail us out then

This time the board have the chance to stop it from happening

The trouble is I honestly think that they will let him continue to the bitter end when we are already relegated and his contract would have expired

Come on you guys at the helm ......

Grow some balls and do what's best for the club