So do we take it...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

that with all the loanees brought in, the backing the board must have given to do this means that the one win over Carlisle on Saturday was sufficient to see Burnett safe for a while at least?

How short sighted is that?

The growing list of evidence he needs his P45:

- 5 wins at home since the ill judged public rant at the team after we beat Wycombe on 30th November 2013, including friendlies and cup matches - still not good enough
- 18 points lost from winning positions in League Two in 18 games - still not good enough
- losing to an average to poor team from the division below in the FA Cup when it was vital to the club to win - not good enough
- Indiscipline from players and staff - not good enough
- 2ist and struggling in League Two in November - not good enough
- having no idea what his best team is despite them being "his players" by now, including sending a number of them out on loan to bring in a new lot - not good enough
- An unbelievable 18 minute rant in a BBC interview about how bad he is being treated by the fans when actually we have been hugely patient with him overall - not good enough
Kevin

Simmo wrote:The loan window closes today and we can't bring anyone in until Janaury 1st so it's normal for clubs with smaller squads to sign cover until then.
I reckon this might have a little to do with it Mike.

Also, I read somewhere that WB played 3 games in the Premier League and has also had a few nice dinners with other people who are members of the LMA..which should make him a shoe-in for an additional 5yr contract.. ;)
Mike the Dagger

Kevin wrote:
Simmo wrote:The loan window closes today and we can't bring anyone in until Janaury 1st so it's normal for clubs with smaller squads to sign cover until then.
I reckon this might have a little to do with it Mike.

Also, I read somewhere that WB played 3 games in the Premier League and has also had a few nice dinners with other people who are members of the LMA..which should make him a shoe-in for an additional 5yr contract.. ;)
Do we have a small squad though??

Seems totally random to me.
Kevin

Only really meant that Simmo's note explained the timing - agree that the players being brought in do seem a little on the random side.

I'd have probably liked Green to get a few more games at left back..but don't have a problem with a fairly established one being brought in for now.

The big lump from Pompey seems a really daft one..can't see why Doidge keeps getting so little game time thus far unless it's a fitness thing.

With regards to your 7 P45 points - pretty much agree with all of them, and certainly remain to be convinced that WB knows what day of the week it is to be honest.

Perhaps DiggerDagger.com ( http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandredbridge/ ) could come out of retirement to deliver a detailed, thought-provoking synopsis of the situation..?? :D
PaulHornchurch

I actually think this is a positive move.

Whatever happens we know our budget is small, so moving some players out and bringing some players in freshens up the squad.

I'm sure we will go for it tomorrow, pressure is building on Bury especially after last weeks result.

We then have 2 weeks to work on things in training, and prepare for the busy Xmas period.

We also know that whilst we don't budget for cup runs, there is nothing there to spend in January, so do it know and push on over Xmas.

We also have Shields back and heard he done well at St Albans.
Lcbdagger

If we are to continue with three centre backs... Surely there is no place for someone like Shields.... Not expecting him to replace Batt and not as attacking a threat, apparently, as Porter do can't be on the fringes of an actual game
Blackie645

Wich hunt and bullying leave Wayne alone. Get behind the club, if not go support Hornchurch!!
Diggerthedog

Blackie645 wrote:Wich hunt and bullying leave Wayne alone. Get behind the club, if not go support Hornchurch!!
It's not a witch or bullying it's having an opinion, I'm of the opinion that you should go back to the hospital where you were born at and find the bollocks you left behind.
Lcbdagger

Blackie645 wrote:Wich hunt and bullying leave Wayne alone. Get behind the club, if not go support Hornchurch!!
Fair play to what appears to be the entire coaching team coming on to post on this forum over the past couple of weeks
Don Beech 3

Lcbdagger wrote:
Fair play to what appears to be the entire coaching team coming on to post on this forum over the past couple of weeks
Think its a case that some people have finally been approved for this forum (although perhaps if you look on the other forum you'll see my 3-5-2 suggestion so perhaps I should be given a role....)