Form is temporary??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

I've just been number crunching a bit.

In our last 46 league games we have won 51 points total, scored 50, conceeded 66. You would expect us to be just about hanging in there for survival with 51 points in an average season, although as we know Barnet went down on 51 points in 2012/13 with a goal difference of -12. Our 46 game goal difference is -16.

This appears to suit the club's current ambition where "22nd is fine" on the third lowest budget in the division (or maybe the lowest, but definitely one of the lowest).

In our last 23 away league games we have won 31 points, scored 29 and conceeded 32. Replicate, or even improve on that form at home as you might expect to do and we are comfortably mid table, maybe even pushing the playoffs.

However, in our last 23 home games we have 20 points, scored 21 and conceeded 34. Replicate that form away from home and we are doomed.

As has been said a few times, a lot of people only see us play at home these days, or at best make it to a few selective away games. That shameful home form is why the crowds are dropping, which will lead to income dropping further and then we are into a death spiral potentially.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Stats don't lie.Statistically it makes sense for the club to have 22nd as their target.Financially and entertainment wise it does not.Knowing we support a club with no ambition is a big factor in why I may well give it all a miss from next season(I say it every year but truly its become a chore).Obviously they cant say that out loud but there actions and inability to aspire to anything other than survival is really off putting.I still believe the club just wanted a day out at Wembley that year we won the playoffs,we could have done it so different for not much more and we'd have stayed there.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

So the mug Manager is averaging over a point a game away from home . Not bad really is it.

Don't know where you get the idea that crowds are falling over 2k at the last game.

Perhaps that is where the problem is tho any team who thinks getting 2k crowds is a good day can't really expect anything better the 22nd surely. Perhaps why I was excited about last seasons 9th finish as I live in the real world . As me dear old Mum would say you can't have champagne taste with beer money my lad:
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So the mug Manager is averaging over a point a game away from home . Not bad really is it.
No, and its his only saving grace. Unfortunately watching us win on Gillette soccer Saturday doesn't have the attraction of seeing it live at Victoria Road.

My answer to the In/Out poll was our home form is killing us. Nothing changed apart from we finally won another home game against Carlisle (the 5th one of 2014).
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Don't know where you get the idea that crowds are falling over 2k at the last game.
Not that there were loads of comps and a kids for a quid promotion, and all those cheap season tickets as well. I wonder what we are actually taking on the gate these days?
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Perhaps that is where the problem is tho any team who thinks getting 2k crowds is a good day can't really expect anything better the 22nd surely. Perhaps why I was excited about last seasons 9th finish as I live in the real world . As me dear old Mum would say you can't have champagne taste with beer money my lad:
We have had champagne a few times in the last 15 seasons or so. It's been a while though, forgotten the taste.

IanC

Not got an hampton and richmond photo then!
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So the mug Manager is averaging over a point a game away from home . Not bad really is it.

Don't know where you get the idea that crowds are falling over 2k at the last game.

Perhaps that is where the problem is tho any team who thinks getting 2k crowds is a good day can't really expect anything better the 22nd surely. Perhaps why I was excited about last seasons 9th finish as I live in the real world . As me dear old Mum would say you can't have champagne taste with beer money my lad:
Come on Sussex, we all know it was kids for a quid, hence the higher attendance.

Who says stats don't lie?
Auntie Merge

Chigwellian wrote:

Come on Sussex, we all know it was kids for a quid, hence the higher attendance.

Who says stats don't lie?
Not only was it kids for a quid, I also understand the club gave out 300 freebies for the match.
D.I F Burnside

There were quite a few free tickets given out as Merge says. A mate of mine was there as a Carlisle exile and had been given 3 freebies by Wayne's brother. 60 quid missed there!
Mike the Dagger

IanC wrote:Not got an hampton and richmond photo then!
Before DiggerDagger.com (and digital photography) ;)

How about this one (sans champagne)...

Or this one?

DaggerJoel11

Of course, there is the fact we've won less than five home games in 2014 and haven't won more than two in a row aswell
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
TomMc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Ahem, Digital photography did exist Mike :)

Here's one from Hampton with some actual Champagne in it...

Or another from that day

And here's a few more from the end of that season

http://www.daggersfc.freeuk.com/reports ... champ1.htm
dagger4eva

Love those H&R photos - brings back awesome memories from a great day !!

Remember diving over the advertising boards at full time in the what, 112th minute?? And ripping a big tear down my Daggers shirt.

Also, if you look at that quiant little great it just actually does sum up perfectly how far we've come now - i.e. taking for granted playing such 'crappy', 'lowly' teams such as Carlisle & Tranmere :lol:
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Ahem, Digital photography did exist Mike :)

Here's one from Hampton with some actual Champagne in it...

Or another from that day

And here's a few more from the end of that season

http://www.daggersfc.freeuk.com/reports ... champ1.htm
I actually went on to the old site hoping to find one I could "borrow" and couldn't find them. Bit more low key than Wembley wasn't it!

Digital Photography didn't exist in my household back then, but we aren't all as technically savvie as the McGregor's are we ;)
Mike the Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
In our last 46 league games we have won 51 points total, scored 50, conceeded 66. You would expect us to be just about hanging in there for survival with 51 points in an average season, although as we know Barnet went down on 51 points in 2012/13 with a goal difference of -12. Our 46 game goal difference is -16.
Taking our last 23 home games and 23 away games as our current full season "form", the abject 1-0 defeat to struggling Tranmere on Saturday replaced the abject 1-0 defeat to struggling Torquay United a year ago, meaning the statistics remain identical to my original post.

Form is indeed temporary... ish.

Please go Wayne!
Masked Man

I don't remember the last time the fans were so united in a call for the manager to go... Does ANYBODY (apart from the Board) back him?

Speak up now for forever keep your opinion to yourself.... :?