Porter

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerSince92

Porter's contract has been extended my sources tell me. A favourite player of mine this season, he's a mix of hard work and industry. Positive news. In Wayne we trust.
Mike the Dagger

It has been extended to the 2nd February 2015.

Odd one, either he's good enough (sign him) or he isn't (let him go).
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:It has been extended to the 2nd February 2015.

Odd one, either he's good enough (sign him) or he isn't (let him go).
Zav is due back why are we extending?
matt_drfc

I think short-term contracts are the best thing for Porter, keeps him hungry if he wants to have it extended. As Burnett said it's consistency for Porter, he's a good player but needs to show it in consecutive games. Gives us cover over the Christmas period, makes perfect sense to me.
Richie

I've definitely warmed to him, if we play a 4-4-2 then I think he is our best option.

Not sure I see him working too well in this current system, although he'd certainly work hard enough to cover the whole flank from wing-back.
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:I've definitely warmed to him, if we play a 4-4-2 then I think he is our best option.

Not sure I see him working too well in this current system, although he'd certainly work hard enough to cover the whole flank from wing-back.
Yeah, and it's good to have different options for different formations at different times in games
lupins

It gives him more time to get it together. He has obvious talent just needs to put the whole package together and consistently.
Something I would think each of his Managers has wished for
Adrian

Either sign him to the end of the season or get rid now.
With a contract running out in Feb he'd have to drop to Conf South level I think if we didn't resign him then.

I'm not really sure what it is that he really offers that we don't already have.
He's just another winger that doesn't do enough.
Mikins

Odd decision, personally I dont think he's warranted an extension, have barely seen him beat the first man or put in a decent cross all season. in classic terms he is the 'Jake Reed' of wingers. I'm assuming this is just better the devil you know rather than dipping into the loan market next month to tide us over before Zav comes back.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

Mikins wrote:Odd decision, personally I dont think he's warranted an extension, have barely seen him beat the first man or put in a decent cross all season. in classic terms he is the 'Jake Reed' of wingers. I'm assuming this is just better the devil you know rather than dipping into the loan market next month to tide us over before Zav comes back.
The Jake reed of Wingers !! Love it. :lol: You've given us all a new saying.....

Wayne Burnett...The Jake Reed of managers
Warren Hackett....The Jake Reed of Coaching staff
Dagger since 92....The jake reed of supporters !! :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerSince92

ARNU wrote:
Mikins wrote:Odd decision, personally I dont think he's warranted an extension, have barely seen him beat the first man or put in a decent cross all season. in classic terms he is the 'Jake Reed' of wingers. I'm assuming this is just better the devil you know rather than dipping into the loan market next month to tide us over before Zav comes back.
The Jake reed of Wingers !! Love it. :lol: You've given us all a new saying.....

Wayne Burnett...The Jake Reed of managers
Warren Hackett....The Jake Reed of Coaching staff
Dagger since 92....The jake reed of supporters !! :lol:
Arnu.. The Steve Evans of supporters.
Woodford Dagger

Got to say I agree with Arnu here, DS92 is the worst 'fan' I've ever come across. A bit of me thinks he's a secret Southend fan who's come on here to cause aggro between us all. We're onto you pal.
redboy

After watching football for 40 years, I'm still miffed as to what people see in Porter. He may run round like a headless chicken but he's Conference N/S level at best. What's he done this season?
Phippo

Cannot see the value in this extension. Hope he can prove his worth, but I very much doubt it!
Dagdale

Tell you what at Portsmouth away first half he had a terrific 1st half down that right wing and was causing their defence all sorts of problems and well taking in by what a display it was, if it wasn't for how outstanding the blond lad Jack Whatmough was for them we would have had it dusted by the oranges. A fully on form Porter is definitely worth holding on too.