Tranmere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:oh my eyes, my poor eyes...

It is good to read that I wasn't alone in my thoughts and wishing I was elsewhere for 90 mins.

Were there any redeeming features from this game? I honestly couldn't find any.

We still keep kicking the ball in the air to our 6ft 6 player that doesn't exist and hardly strung more than a few passes together. Whichever way we play it is not working for us.

It was a painful and lackluster performance to watch and, regardless of the previous 2 wins, endorses the fact changes need to be made.

EDIT: I have just listening to the Wayne Hackett audio linked in a previous post. FFS. Blaming Cousins for the goal???? Cheap way to pass blame for total management failure. I am so ANGRY about this. This is a management team that are going to get us relegated. Changes are long overdue.
Hackett has blamed cousins? My view was it was a great strike that got applause from several in the sieve. Hackett is way out of his depth taking interviews and has the same temper as Koko. Koko said in an interview that we have not been in the bottom two during his reign, give it a week and this will change.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:

It is good to read that I wasn't alone in my thoughts and wishing I was elsewhere for 90 mins.

We still keep kicking the ball in the air to our 6ft 6 player that doesn't exist and hardly strung more than a few passes together. Whichever way we play it is not working for us.

It was a painful and lackluster performance to watch and, regardless of the previous 2 wins, endorses the fact changes need to be made.

EDIT: I have just listening to the Wayne Hackett audio linked in a previous post. FFS. Blaming Cousins for the goal???? Cheap way to pass blame for total management failure. I am so ANGRY about this. This is a management team that are going to get us relegated. Changes are long overdue.
Hackett has blamed cousins? My view was it was a great strike that got applause from several in the sieve. Hackett is way out of his depth taking interviews and has the same temper as Koko. Koko said in an interview that we have not been in the bottom two during his reign, give it a week and this will change.
Listen to it, he doesn't blame him. He's asked the question whether Cousins will be disappointed and he says something along the lines of "IF it was a mistake then they happen. Mark has been fantastic for us up to now"
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Listen to it, he doesn't blame him. He's asked the question whether Cousins will be disappointed and he says something along the lines of "IF it was a mistake then they happen. Mark has been fantastic for us up to now"
Hence why i put a question mark. I stand by my other comments.
Dagdale

That game yesterday was an almost identical shit affair as of Southport down at the Vic just over a month back, no utter urgency to win this match at all, beats me why? It should have been there for the taking, and fair play to Max Power (Surely a name that terrace folk can sing a good song or two too!) took that goal brilliantly. Team selection was total dross midfield up to front and don't know why a fair decent forward/s like Rhys or Ade wern't put on. If we turn out really in a big fight like April/May time you can look at games like this and say this cost us heaps!Fast Forward to Plymouth ASAP and just hope they 'swing back' and its worth it.
ARNU

My exact words at the time were "****** me,what a goal !" I clapped it too.Cousins couldn't have done any more at least he went for it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Dagdale wrote:That game yesterday was an almost identical shit affair as of Southport down at the Vic just over a month back, no utter urgency to win this match at all, beats me why? It should have been there for the taking, and fair play to Max Power (Surely a name that terrace folk can sing a good song or two too!) took that goal brilliantly. Team selection was total dross midfield up to front and don't know why a fair decent forward/s like Rhys or Ade wern't put on. If we turn out really in a big fight like April/May time you can look at games like this and say this cost us heaps!Fast Forward to Plymouth ASAP and just hope they 'swing back' and its worth it.
One thing I have to say though is that this was exactly the same team that beat Carlisle and Bury aside from the inclusion of Agyemang. I'm very surprised Yussef didn't start. I know he was taken off at HT against Bury but I think he is the sort of player who may do better at home than away at the minute. I'd look at bringing Yussef on in away games like he was at Accy and play him at home. If we extend Agyemang's loan though I'll be fuming. Aside from being useful at defending corners, he offers us nothing that we don't already have. He's tall, yes. But the boy Yussef can leap and can run and anyone who watched the Carlisle game could see how he had their defenders constantly running back towards their own goal. I don't remember Agyemang actually making a forward run yesterday with the ball.
ChazmanQ

ARNU wrote:My exact words at the time were "****** me,what a goal !" I clapped it too.Cousins couldn't have done any more at least he went for it.
Totally agree. No pressure from our defence and Power just hit it. Best goal he may ever score! 9 times out of 10 that ends up high at the back of the TBS
Auntie Merge

+1 that is why I am incensed that Hackett should even put any doubt in Cousin's mind!
matt_drfc

Listen to the Daggers Player interview, Cousins was being hard on himself it seems, no blame from anyone.
EastLDN

From where I was in the TBS it didn't look like it was going in, got plenty of help off the post. A very very lucky strike, Cousins chin up son.
Mike the Dagger

Two weeks to prepare and we replace a winning formula with the poor man's Akinfenwa and don't get a shot on target until injury time.

Genius Wayne. Please just go!
dagger4eva

Well said Mike.

Funny, I knoe this has been done to death but interesting to see if wb says in his next interview that he thought the performance was pathetic. If a 2-0 WIN vs Wycombe was pathetic I dont know what that makes Saturday's shambles....
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:Two weeks to prepare and we replace a winning formula with the poor man's Akinfenwa and don't get a shot on target until injury time.

Genius Wayne. Please just go!

It takes skill to do what burnett did in your post.

I said after the orient jpt game... If he cant even get the players to show fight for a oneoff local derby he has to go.

How many times will we play so badly at ho.e this season? 3? 6? 10?
Shockinhly poor and boring to watch.

Paddy slows us down big time. Not a single forward run. Why did we change a winning formula? Not even a like for like change from yuseff to paddy. Changes the entire way we had to play. We are best with fast flowing football like against carlisle with yuseff but yet wayne decides eed be best plsying someone with zero mobility.

Utterly ridiculous. A farce even.
DI Mike Dashwood

Well, what can be said about that!!

I have to say I was, and probably still am, a fence sitter on the whole manager situation (as I am not convinced a change would make things much better), BUT Saturday was a horror show and if the Club gave Wayne the boot today I would not argue.

That was as un-enjoyable and inspiring performace as I have ever seen at home, and I mean EVER. I reckon I have seen around 300 home games since 1992, and that was as bad as it has been.

No atmosphere (which is down to on and off the pitch), no pace, no urgency, no flair, no leadership. Nothing. Now I know everyone will blame the whole thing on Patrick A, which I think is a little unfair. I actually thought for the first 20 minutes we used him well and we looked ok, but after that.............appalling. Whether he should have played or not is one argument, but having picked him, we seemed to have no idea how best to use him.

Against Carlisle we played the old Dagenham way. Regardless of whether we passed it or went long, we did it with pace and urgency. Saturday could not have been anymore the other way could it.

I was really really looking forward to Saturday after last two results now I am not looking forward to the next two games at all, apart from getting some donuts and c0ckles on the seafront on the 28th!!!
Lcbdagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Well, what can be said about that!!

I have to say I was, and probably still am, a fence sitter on the whole manager situation (as I am not convinced a change would make things much better), BUT Saturday was a horror show and if the Club gave Wayne the boot today I would not argue.

That was as un-enjoyable and inspiring performace as I have ever seen at home, and I mean EVER. I reckon I have seen around 300 home games since 1992, and that was as bad as it has been.

No atmosphere (which is down to on and off the pitch), no pace, no urgency, no flair, no leadership. Nothing. Now I know everyone will blame the whole thing on Patrick A, which I think is a little unfair. I actually thought for the first 20 minutes we used him well and we looked ok, but after that.............appalling. Whether he should have played or not is one argument, but having picked him, we seemed to have no idea how best to use him.

Against Carlisle we played the old Dagenham way. Regardless of whether we passed it or went long, we did it with pace and urgency. Saturday could not have been anymore the other way could it.

I was really really looking forward to Saturday after last two results now I am not looking forward to the next two games at all, apart from getting some donuts and c0ckles on the seafront on the 28th!!!
Certainly haven't played that badly too many times against a team lower than us in the league, regardless of whether they are alleged to be on a decent bit of form or not