will burnett get sacked...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:Alex Jakubiak: aged 18: When signed on loan, 3 league starts and 7 sub appearances - 1 goal... straight in to our team

Ayo Obilaye: aged 20. When signed on loan, no league experience... straight in to our team

Daniel Carr: aged 20. When signed on loan, 4 league starts and 6 sub appearances - 2 goals... straight in to our team

So he's happy to guive the unproven/untried of other clubs a go, just not our own?

Where is Ade Yussuff? Did great when he got a go, now apparently well behind a loanee in the pecking order. Great that Jodi Jones got on on Tuesday, but why do it two minutes into injury time? He never actually touched the ball.

These players are our future, the loanees are someone elses future.
Can't help but agree with this... you can have one argument but not both sides of it at the same time... you can't claim to not be able to bring in youth because of the implications on the side but bring in young players on Loan from another side... even a Premier League player who is 18/19 will have no more justification for being brilliant at League Two level than one of our own youngsters if the player in question has only ver had a previous Loan at a non league or League Two club or played Under 21 football for the Premier League side.

Yes the likes of Jakubiak have done ok and obviously Ayo is a star, but these players were never certainties to be better than Gayle, Goldbery, Jones etc when they were brought in

We've given the likes of Reed, Montgomery and others a go in the past despite not looking amazing so there us really no excuse for not blooding a real talent like Jones when we can see his potential... otherwise we end up in another Gayle situation where the player is sold after ten or so League games for us because someone else has spotted his potential before we get the player a real run in our team.
NickMurphy

I can understand why we're reluctant to start Jones at the moment, throwing him in at the start against York away the other week probably wouldn't have been wise. Although having said that, had he of started against Cambridge a week or so earlier I wouldn't have minded - I think we were crying out for someone with a bit of ambition and industry in midfield after that spell of 1 goal in 7 and you're not going to get anyone more creative and ambitious than a 17 year old making his debut you might argue. He's undoubtedly a talent and hopefully we'll gradually work him into games, sort of the way DJ Green had little cameos at the end of the L1 season...and they were actually quite effective on occasion....although the less said about the rest of his time with us the better!

I get what people are saying, mind. Think it's especially applicable to the last two seasons or so when we've loaned in some utter dross that clearly didn't perform game on game. Silva and Sheriff in particular, and you can probably add Turgott into that mix as well. Those three were very poor for us and arguably you'd much rather have seen Shields or someone like that given a go, someone who has a desire to work his way up the pecking order at this club, knowing he has to perform or he's out. I wasn't Shields' biggest advocate, because we pretty much never saw if he had any sort of quality, but he couldn't have been any worse than some of the loans we've had.

EDIT: Graeme Montgomery is currently setting the Conference South alight as well. Would anyone take him back if given the chance? (I realise we almost certainly won't get the chance, it's entirely hypothetical).
Lcbdagger

Silva... ah there's a name! Great player at this level and played well against us... terrible signing sadly
leewilson

Lcbdagger wrote:Silva... ah there's a name! Great player at this level and played well against us... terrible signing sadly

Now playing for CSKA Sofia. Finished 2nd with them in Bulgaria last year behind the winners Ludogarets.
Dagger83

Been linked with the Posh job...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Dagger83 wrote:Been linked with the Posh job...
No he aint ! :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
Yes he has... Pete O'Rourke from Sky Sports tweeted it.
https://twitter.com/sportspeteo/status/ ... 1226998786
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:

He hasn't tweeted any proof though or am I being too cynical.Just cos some no mark ive never heard of tweets something it don't make it true.Is that how the youth of today get their proof of something ? "Someone tweeted it so ner !! "
Why would they want Wayne Burnett anyway,look at the other candidates and tell me Peterborough are gonna go for WB.They'd be mad.Win double for us if they did take him.
bloke down the pub

Dont care where he goes as long as he goes.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Been linked with the Posh job...

He hasn't tweeted any proof though or am I being too cynical.Just cos some no mark ive never heard of tweets something it don't make it true.Is that how the youth of today get their proof of something ? "Someone tweeted it so ner !! "
Why would they want Wayne Burnett anyway,look at the other candidates and tell me Peterborough are gonna go for WB.They'd be mad.Win double for us if they did take him.
Rightttt, just because it's a tweet from someone you've never heard, there's no way it can be true. But of course a mention of it in the local newspaper means it's 100% reliable. The local newspapers don't know everything you know. Of course, it may not happen at all, but I wouldn't just dismiss it because it's a tweet. Funnily enough, the same guy tweeted about Murphy to Oldham way before any local newspaper made an article, that weren't bullshit was it?
ARNU

Are you a bit slow matt_drfc ?? You strike me as being quite a coherent chap normally.

A tweet is not proof.A tweet without substantial evidence is not worth listening to.

You're not disagreeing with that surely.

He may be right. Cant see it myself but stranger things happen.

I just tweeted we're getting a roof over the bury road end.....must be true. :lol:
Last edited by ARNU on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Are you a bit slow Diggerthedog?? You strike me as being quite a coherent chap normally.

A tweet is not proof.A tweet without substantial evidence is not worth listening to.

I just tweeted we're getting a roof over the bury road end.....must be true. :lol:
What have I done now?
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Are you a bit slow Diggerthedog?? You strike me as being quite a coherent chap normally.

Wrong person, but of course it's not PROOF. You said initially "nowhere to be seen in their local rag", you'd believe that, but you've dismissed a tweet straight away.

You may tweet that, but you're not a journalist for Sky Sports are you? Working for them gives it quite a bit more credibility.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:

What have I done now?
Opps wrong bloke.If its any consolation you do normally seem quite coherent,unlike
matt_drfc :lol:
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Are you a bit slow matt_drfc?? You strike me as being quite a coherent chap normally.

Wrong person, but of course it's not PROOF. You said initially "nowhere to be seen in their local rag", you'd believe that, but you've dismissed a tweet straight away.

You may tweet that, but you're not a journalist for Sky Sports are you? Working for them gives it quite a bit more credibility.
Sky sports journalist is way down my list of who to believe too.I wouldn't believe either them or the papers tbh unless they came up with conclusive proof.Which in this case nobody has.

Im sure WB will be on his way as soon as the 1st offer comes in from anywhere whether it be Peterborough or Pizza Hut.I hope he rescues this season for us and smartens up his cv with a decent finish but I cant see it ever being any more than mid/bottom table mediocrity under him at Daggers whatever happens.

No way will he be manager of Peterborough but the pizza Hut contract might be in with a chance :lol: