Burys penalty turned down...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

From the TBS stand it seemed that the penalty was denied because the guy was on his way down BEFORE The ever so slight contact was made.

As he was on his way down already, i would say it was actually the right decision.

Just my opinion, albeit probably an unpopular one
Dagger83

The Romford Dagger wrote:Just my opinion, albeit probably an unpopular one
It seemed quite a popular opinion in the sieve yesterday...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
matt_drfc

First look I thought "bollocks, penalty, here we go again" then the referee pointed the other way I was shocked. Haven't watched highlights yet though..
Mike the Dagger

100% a penalty and possibly a red card too. Very, very lucky.

If it had been the other end we would have been spitting feathers.
leewilson

Having watched the highlights I think it would have been a soft penalty. The hand touches the guys back but there doesn't seem to be any force behind it. It possibly looks worse than it is because Ayo ends up tripping up as well but that's because the guy falls to ground in front of him. Personally think the ref made the right call and would say the same if it was the other way round. Although I'm sure I'd be appealing for it live as it did look suspect.
Lcbdagger

I usually nod myself at most of the post game comments on here, but I'm still astonished now that it wasn't a penalty... 'soft' or not, he has put his hands on the guy's back and given the referee a decision to make... thankfully he didn't make it

If that was against us we would have had a 5 or 6 page thread on here about the injustice of it all... waiting to remind people of this thread next time we don't get as clear a penalty as that in a game
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:I usually nod myself at most of the post game comments on here, but I'm still astonished now that it wasn't a penalty... 'soft' or not, he has put his hands on the guy's back and given the referee a decision to make... thankfully he didn't make it

If that was against us we would have had a 5 or 6 page thread on here about the injustice of it all... waiting to remind people of this thread next time we don't get as clear a penalty as that in a game
Was amazed when the referee pointed for the free kick rather than the penalty. Obileye is a bit clumsy in those sorts of challenges and does tend to stick his hands all over attackers.

I'm finding myself more and more surprised by the stuff our supporters moan about with officials. There were some on Saturday that complained out Labadie being booked for what could only be described as a hack.
Mark

I'm not convinced it is a penalty but of course I'd appeal. Far worse goes on in the box at corners with apparent impunity.