Will We Be A League Two Team Next Season - A Poll....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Ah... seems like I was the first Yes
Masked Man

I see Wayne's already voted!! :-)
ARNU

I voted yes.He'll blag it I think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

Might have been a better question to ask if we will still be a League Two team in 2016/17.

We might just hang on this season, but with the Gayle money spent and crowds sliding due to the shambles we are seeing on the pitch, we will be big favourites for the drop next season.
Lcbdagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:Might have been a better question to ask if we will still be a League Two team in 2016/17.

We might just hang on this season, but with the Gayle money spent and crowds sliding due to the shambles we are seeing on the pitch, we will be big favourites for the drop next season.
Good first point, although the 'favourites for the drop' bit will only get worse as the season's go on... with the Conference getting stronger and teams coming up with a bit of money and decent squads behind them, we will be relying more and more on the likes of Accrington/ Morecambe struggling with their budgets and players or the usual 'League One side goes bankrupt and comes down to League 2 with a squad of 18 year olds' like we had with Portsmouth for much of last season.

Very few conference teams coming up each year go straight down again so we will always be around the bottom of the bookies lists given our budget and attendance figures.

Our problem this season has been that the 'team spirit' side of the squad has been replaced by (possibly) stronger individuals that don't gel together to create a stronger team...

I still maintain that the quality of players we have should be comfortably able to keep us up and around where we were last year, especially with the number of average teams in the division
Reg Varneys wife

If Burnett isn't gone by the end of this week, then yes of course we will not be a league two team next season, obvious to any regular Daggers supporter.

So we will be relegated, unfortunately, yes, because we all know he hasn't got the balls to resign and give us a chance of staying up and we know that if the board hasn't sacked him by now, they are not going to, enjoy the Conference next year, at least we should win a few more games, as long as Burnett is not still employed otherwise we will just keep on going, relegation after relegation.
Lcbdagger

Reg Varneys wife wrote:If Burnett isn't gone by the end of this week, then yes of course we will not be a league two team next season, obvious to any regular Daggers supporter.

So we will be relegated, unfortunately, yes, because we all know he hasn't got the balls to resign and give us a chance of staying up and we know that if the board hasn't sacked him by now, they are not going to, enjoy the Conference next year, at least we should win a few more games, as long as Burnett is not still employed otherwise we will just keep on going, relegation after relegation.
Not at all convinced we will win any 'more games than this season' given the two performances against Southport... especially the Home game. If we were top half in the Conference after going down, presuming the likes of Doe, Abu and others don't entend their stay with us past July 1st I would be massively impressed.

Much like this season, if we were to go down it would be an almost new squad from August onwards... worst case scenario the key players leave and we are left with the likes of Batt, O'Brien, Labadie etc to lead us next year.
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is one or two Clubs who are in the shut so if we do survive we may have the 5th lowest budget next season.

The bloke who put money into Mansfield has said no more and hear that Newport are not in that great Shape Cheif Executive walked out last week.

Add in Oxford who I understand budget for gates 1500 higher each home game and Southend who surely can't keep chucking money at that Rum do along with Crawley and others coming down and the budget could more equal next season.

One thing good about our budget it's not behest to the whims of a rich boy plaything.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:There is one or two Clubs who are in the shut so if we do survive we may have the 5th lowest budget next season.

The bloke who put money into Mansfield has said no more and hear that Newport are not in that great Shape Cheif Executive walked out last week.

Add in Oxford who I understand budget for gates 1500 higher each home game and Southend who surely can't keep chucking money at that Rum do along with Crawley and others coming down and the budget could more equal next season.

One thing good about our budget it's not behest to the whims of a rich boy plaything.
Southend will be fine. They get over 6000 every home game. That money is more than enough id imagine to stay mid table at least
Masked Man

BUMP

Just a reminder - 65% of us thought we were relegation fodder in this poll - how desperate and dire things were....

For me, the turn around began with dropping Saha and sheering up an out of confidence defence!

I'm happy to eat humble pie, as I will be every season we stay up, and very thankful that partly through management and partly through a replenished team spirit many of us mocked and thought had gone forever, we are on the home stretch of staying up!

I think there's LOTS to be learned from this season. For players, fans, management and board!!

Here's to another 3 points ASAP!!