Cheltenham Attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Not as bad as Northampton 11-12 though. The worst game I've ever seen
23 goals and you're not entertained???
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
admin
Site Admin

Diggerthedog wrote:The novelty of these games has worn off completely. Why is it all about racism why not something like a cancer charity next time around?
Couldn't agree more with that. If we made it a charity event then I think it would grab more attention, however the club would have to donate all the matchday profits to charity and would lose a bit of money, hence why I think they stick with the Racism thing.

Also agree with the earlier comment about creating a hashtag, a lot of other clubs do it throughout the season and I think that helps us grab more attention and look a bit more mordern.
Dagger83

#ShitterThanYouThink
#MoreStandsThanShots
#ScoringGoalsIsSoLastYear
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

#DaggersDontShoot
#IRemenberWhenWeWonAtHome
#WeveGotNoFans
Diggerthedog

admin wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:The novelty of these games has worn off completely. Why is it all about racism why not something like a cancer charity next time around?
Couldn't agree more with that. If we made it a charity event then I think it would grab more attention, however the club would have to donate all the matchday profits to charity and would lose a bit of money, hence why I think they stick with the Racism thing.

Also agree with the earlier comment about creating a hashtag, a lot of other clubs do it throughout the season and I think that helps us grab more attention and look a bit more mordern.
I doubt we make any money on these games what with cheaper prices and more costs. I find these game an irritant when attending.
Lcbdagger

Dagger83 wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Not as bad as Northampton 11-12 though. The worst game I've ever seen
23 goals and you're not entertained???
That certainly deserved at least a bit of recognition ;)

For what it's worth... what are people smoking tonight to believe there will be more than 3000 Home fans???
ChazmanQ

The club really hasn't advertised this to the masses (those without social media)

I know the budgets are tight but how much would some adverts at bus stops or train stations be? Even a billboard or two along the A13 would do the trick. Not just for this game, but to boost the club's profile in general

Really missing a trick or two I think
Adrian

ChazmanQ wrote:The club really hasn't advertised this to the masses (those without social media)

I know the budgets are tight but how much would some adverts at bus stops or train stations be? Even a billboard or two along the A13 would do the trick. Not just for this game, but to boost the club's profile in general

Really missing a trick or two I think
Been discussed before - it would be a quite expensive.
Think of it like this - the people involved at our club have been for quite a while, if they're not doing something there's a fairly good chance they've investigated it and decided against it for good reason.
Lcbdagger

There are loads of advertising ideas i'm sure the Board are aware of... if you really want decent attendances though, get some decent results at Home!
Pondfield Dagger

can't someone from the club, tommo or someone go to dagenham east station, and ask them to include `Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club` on a platform sign, similar to what they have at upton park station....
Attachments
3528554729_f2c453e013_m.jpg
3528554729_f2c453e013_m.jpg (17.78 KiB) Viewed 10334 times
0,,12562~11304699,00.jpg
0,,12562~11304699,00.jpg (13.17 KiB) Viewed 10335 times
ChazmanQ

Pondfield Dagger wrote:can't someone from the club, tommo or someone go to dagenham east station, and ask them to include `Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club` on a platform sign, similar to what they have at upton park station....

See..... that's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about!

All we have are small brown signs on lamp posts near McDonald's on the A1306

Even a billboard near the station with something like "Home of The Daggers"
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:There are loads of advertising ideas i'm sure the Board are aware of... if you really want decent attendances though, get some decent results at Home!
This is it, you can do all the advertising you like but the only thing that really attracts people is a winning team. People in the area are aware we are here, but if the results are poor, people won't come.

Attendance on this event last season was 3357 which was pretty good actually, but the season before it was 2289. Tomorrow, I'm guessing 2700.
DaggerSince92

#BanChazManQFromTheForum
ChazmanQ

:o
DaggerSince92 wrote:#BanChazManQFromTheForum
admin
Site Admin

Of course results play a massive part and people won't pay £18 to watch a disappointing performance. If you live quite far away from the ground (like myself) then it's more of a deteriant. However I'm convinced we need to do a lot more in terms of advertising. If you compare what we do to the other clubs at our level, then we are a long way behind. So it's a bit of both really because our attendances weren't exactly brilliant when we were playing well.

Like I said earlier, it will be embarrassing it we don't get at least 3000 tomorrow (however I don't realistically think we will get that, so that is pretty poor)