It's all about partnerships.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

After a positive and pleasing performance last night please have a look at my latest Daggers post.

Thanks in advance.

http://cockneybyrites.blogspot.com
Lcbdagger

Good stuff...

Spot on about Jones; the guy is a talent regardless of who he has played against... other teams realised that with Gayle despite him not playing against higher rated teams for long.

On the Portsmouth fans issue... did anyone leaving the ground yesterday know what went on in the car park between a few fans? Heard a guy being held back by security claiming that someone had threatened to 'set fire to him'?? Very strange goings on
dagger4eva

I'm sure some-one is shortly due to to come out with the comment that he "runs around a lot"

He obviously couldnt keep up that pace for 90 minutes but oh boy is he effing rapid when he gets going !!!!

We need to tie him to a new contract damn quick before Luton or Posh come sniffing
its all good

He knew he didn't have long but wanted to do all he could to help the team get a result
Knowing he was in time added on didn't need to bother which runs to choose to conserve energy;)
SUSSEX DAGGER

What I have seen of him he needs to work on his first touch everything else he looks ready.

We desperately need somebody to go down the outside.

Without doubt the most technical gifted player on the pitch last night was Andre Boucard. There you go D4e

Just a pity he does not have a yard of extra pace to get us going forward a tad quicker.
matt_drfc

Agreed Sussex, thought Boucaud was brilliant last night!
IanC

Agreed,and when we got him a notts county fan dropped us a line saying,if the team are going well he will be great.If the team aint going well you wont see him.Boy was he spot on!
Lcbdagger

I had to do a double take in the first half when we threaded a ball through to the right and from out of nowhere comes Boucard leaving his marker in a trail of dust... haven't seen that before or since this season
Masked Man

IanC wrote:,if the team are going well he will be great.If the team aint going well you wont see him.
That's a luxury we can't afford - we need players in that area who turn up every game and are rock solid reliable. Steve Heffer, Stuart Thurgood and Abu Aggogo stand up you have all been counted in as legends!
DaggerSince92

Masked Man wrote:
That's a luxury we can't afford - we need players in that area who turn up every game and are rock solid reliable. Steve Heffer, Stuart Thurgood and Abu Aggogo stand up you have all been counted in as legends!
Stuart Thurgood would have been a legend, had he managed to play more than 20 games.
stanton101

I think a special mention should go out to billy bingham. I thought he had a very good game and imho was man of the match. It must have been a close call.
NickMurphy

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't seen too much of us this season, but having Bingham consistently in the side appears to be a real bonus to us at the moment, and just shows us what we've missed over the past two or three seasons with his recurring injury problems. A midfield two of Bingham and Howell in particular seems to compliment eachother very well - and I just hope he decides he wants to stay beyond the end of the season, although that would appear to be unlikely given what's gone on over the course of this season.
its all good

NickMurphy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't seen too much of us this season, but having Bingham consistently in the side appears to be a real bonus to us at the moment, and just shows us what we've missed over the past two or three seasons with his recurring injury problems. A midfield two of Bingham and Howell in particular seems to compliment eachother very well - and I just hope he decides he wants to stay beyond the end of the season, although that would appear to be unlikely given what's gone on over the course of this season.
Agreed. Bingham had a really good game
stanton101

NickMurphy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't seen too much of us this season, but having Bingham consistently in the side appears to be a real bonus to us at the moment, and just shows us what we've missed over the past two or three seasons with his recurring injury problems. A midfield two of Bingham and Howell in particular seems to compliment eachother very well - and I just hope he decides he wants to stay beyond the end of the season, although that would appear to be unlikely given what's gone on over the course of this season.
I've only been a few games this season myself as I'm an hammers fan for my sins, but I do enjoy going along and supporting the daggers and from what I've seen there's been a marked improvement over the last few weeks. The defence looks solid enough, the midfield get stuck in and are working hard to pick up loose balls etc. My only concern is the persistence with a high ball up to cureton who invariably loses out because of his height. If they played it in to his feet, he has the ability to hold it and bring the midfield more in to play. All in all if they can keep fit I see no reason of a relegation battle as there are far worse teams in the division. Can't wait for next season when leyton milano come to visit. Should be fun. :D