Maybe RickyB was right after all....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

and perhaps the Garry Hill era was just a figment of all our imaginations!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2013 ... 62310.aspx

In the past the Daggers – who were non-league until 2007 – have given big clubs like Charlton Athletic, Norwich City and Millwall major scares down the years, and have dumped fellow South West sides Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle out of the competition.

O’Driscoll added: “Dagenham are a renowned cup team, they certainly were when John Still was in charge and I’m sure they’ll want to keep that tradition.

UNQUOTE

We were many things under John Still but a renowned cup team wasn't one of them!
DagenHammer87

You've gotta love lazy journalists and their lazy journalism.

I demand an explanation from the author - so long as it isn't as pony as "I ran out of words." It'll probably be completely incomprehensible with a few "ooh ahh's" thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully they are there for the taking tomorrow. It's been a while since we've done anything of note in a cup other than the essex senior one...
Ilford Dagger

We reached the FA Cup 3rd round in our first FL season & lost 5-2 @ Southend but other than that haven't done much of note under JS in the FA Cup.
I bet the info would have been accurate if we'd been higher up in the FL or even in the Prem, as we know the Media generally don't care much about lower League teams & can often be patronising towards them when they do cover them.
Richie

Ilford Dagger wrote:We reached the FA Cup 3rd round in our first FL season & lost 5-2 @ Southend but other than that haven't done much of note under JS in the FA Cup.
I bet the info would have been accurate if we'd been higher up in the FL or even in the Prem, as we know the Media generally don't care much about lower League teams & can often be patronising towards them when they do cover them.
Got to the 3rd round against Millwall, was Leicester 3rd round also?
InTheKnow

Under John Still we won only 6 FA Cup ties and were on the wrong end of some heavy defeats. 2-5 v Southend, 0-5 v Millwall, 1-6 v Huddersfield and 0-4 v Bournemouth.

Let's hope Wayne does better
Ilford Dagger

Hands up, I got it wrong we certainly did face Millwall home & away (I was at both games so should remember them!!). Leicester was the 2nd Round - a great game & atmosphere but one of the coldest days I can recall watching a game on.
We can now concentrate on promotion to League 1!!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

InTheKnow wrote:Under John Still we won only 6 FA Cup ties and were on the wrong end of some heavy defeats. 2-5 v Southend, 0-5 v Millwall, 1-6 v Huddersfield and 0-4 v Bournemouth.

Let's hope Wayne does better
That's a great stat, given the 2 in 11-12 were aet in replays, how many cup ties did we actually win in normal time?