Saah's loan.. Good move from the club?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

I never rated him this season but surely he was our best option should ago or doe get injured 3 mins into a game. Would've thought he would be one of our more expensive players so doubt Woking are paying his wages.

Guess we just wanted to allow him game time
matt_drfc

Makes perfect sense, I'd imagine part of it, is that Ian Gayle has come back and obviously impressed Wayne enough. Added to Partridge, we've got enough cover. Personally, I don't mind Saah, but Ayo is clearly much better. I reckon Woking will be paying some of his wages, they're not skint.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:Makes perfect sense, I'd imagine part of it, is that Ian Gayle has come back and obviously impressed Wayne enough. Added to Partridge, we've got enough cover. Personally, I don't mind Saah, but Ayo is clearly much better. I reckon Woking will be paying some of his wages, they're not skint.

I haven't got a scooby about Wokings finances but assumed it wasn't great since they're non league
Lcbdagger

If they are serious about pushing for promotion as the details of Saah leaving suggest, and they believe he can help them go up... they will surely be paying most of his wages

Really good move for us if so and gives Gayle a bit of confidence being perceived as 1st choice back up now... seemed strange to me keeping Gayle here after his Loan but having as a sub with Saah too
stanton101

I would imagine they're paying a percentage of his wages, which is a wi win situation for us, he gets game time and we keep a few quid.
Dagger83

People truly believe it's for game time? He's out of contract this summer (I believe), he's not playing, he's probably at the top end of our earners, I would assume we've been desperate to get him out as soon as Gayle returned.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Lcbdagger

Dagger83 wrote:People truly believe it's for game time? He's out of contract this summer (I believe), he's not playing, he's probably at the top end of our earners, I would assume we've been desperate to get him out as soon as Gayle returned.
Even better then... may perform well in a high performing team as he will be under less scrutiny than here... not a poor player but not consistent enough for us... and still one of the main reasons that Wilkinson bizarrely couldn't get a look in before he left
Richie

He was good last season, not so much this season. Kind of like Wilkinson a year later really
dagger4eva

Just seen this on BBC website from Woking's last game...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32111619

"And they won it in the 89th minute when Brian Saah fouled Ricky Modeste, earning himself a red card, and Payne scored the penalty."
bearaab

Great player
Lcbdagger

Modeste... Remember seeing him here for a short period. Decent youngster in previous years