Shoreham Air Show Tragedy

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Auntie Merge

The first two of those involved who lost their lives were two Worthing United FC players on their way to the game.
http://t.co/jUEj0KM6yW

Thoughts and condolences with everyone involved with yesterday's tragedy.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sadly there are reports that a third Worthing United Player who was expectrd at the ground never arrived and can not be contacted.

One of the lads was also employed by Brighton and Hove Albion as a groundsman at their new training complex which is pretty much adjacent to Shoreham Airport.

The amount of People i know personally who were in and around the location at the time most travelling to watch the Albion makes me feel lucky that i have not lost anybody that i know personally,a very goid friends of mine wife was only telling me how she will never curse Road works again as she was only minutes away from the Area when the accident occured.

Like you Auntie Merge i send my heart felt condolences to all who have suffered a terrible loss especially those at Worthing United a Club in this Area who cintribute a lot to local football from Junior to Senior level.

It could also be that supporters are amongst the casualties. The Club have an arrangement with Southern Rail where they get free travel from Shoreham to Falmer and a number of People from West Sussex head there on match days for the free train service.