Tyson Fury

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Mike the Dagger

"I'm not sexist. I believe a woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That's my personal belief. Making me a good cup of tea, that's what I believe."

Discuss!
rechitski kinzhal

Said with a wink in his eye whilst looking at his wife a couple of yards away - the sort of unfunny joke that many of us might make. But as usual the thought police are searching for things to criticise him for when the fact is he is just not too bright. He is a good boxer but hasn't yet, like many boxers, been taught that it is better to keep quiet. Possibly.
Mike the Dagger

Just a loveable, misreported rogue then?

Fair enough.
rechitski kinzhal

Possibly yes, possibly no - who knows? A few weeks ago someone asked if I owned a dishwasher - I said "yes, she is sitting next to me", and I just know that there are people out there who would criticize me for it, who will talk as though they are qualified psycho-analysts, and say I have proved that I am sexist and mysogonistic, even though it may be in my sub-conscious self. If I were famous and said it I would be vilified, no-platformed at every university in the country, and my career in shreds.
No, it was a joke, not particularly funny, but a joke nonetheless.
Paul from Barking

He has been hit in the head a lot of times, hasn't he?

Seriously - if it really was a joke then the press have made a lot of mischief. If it wasn't a joke then he's a moron but even so if that is the case....

He is entitled to an opinion or are we all being denied the right to express any opinion of whcih the thought police don't approve?

If he really meant that then he is a wally - but he has the right to be a wally, doesn't he? Who is anyone else to DICTATE to anybody that they may only think in an approved way?

At the end of the day, this is quite simply Freedo of Speech. It's very easy to suport someone else's freedom of speechwhen they're saying somethig you approve of - the real test of freedom of speech comes when someone says something with which you disagree - vehemently. Stuff like banning the war or wanting to bomb Syria. Stuff like outlawing homosexuality or making it compulsory,

No-one has a monopoly of being right - and we certainly don't have the right to strip rights away from people with whom we disagree.