National League

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Dagdale

Just gone out and (think) for the first time ever bought the Non League paper, well might as well get jenned up and get to know what's on the other side of the fence, blimey am I seeing things? Yesterday Tranmere had 12, 418 go through its gates versus high flying Cheltenham Town, surely that must be a record in non league? Know from last season's visit its quite a good ground but that's incredible! Almost doubling yesterday's top League 2 attendance by Bristol Rovers of over 7,000 and beating seven grounds in League One . Maybe just maybe its not all dire down that Division and what a good paper.
DaggerJoel11

There are some huge sides in the division, such as Tranmere, Lincoln, Grimsby etc and more sleeping giants. It's actually more professional than people think. Countless sides who go down think they'll walk the league but look at Torquay, on the verge of slipping out altogether. If we go down we'll soon find out how difficult it will be to get out of and we may even be enrolled in more relegation battles.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

I'd say at first the financial loss to the club could be quite strong, the turn on point could be after a few games and a pretty decent run giving fans more confidence that maybe could see some good showing at last, attractive flowing football, new ideas to see and crowds wouldn't drop as bad as many believe and not too far away from League two status. One thing I'd really hope would even though were more out of the spotlight to see a far more happier atmosphere down at the Vic, it'll still be a long hard season, far from the easiest league to jump out of but it would give us a bridge to build on.
Diggerthedog

Our average crowd is about 2000 and will drop to around 1400, its a massive drop in budget and we may need to go part time.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Our average crowd is about 2000 and will drop to around 1400, its a massive drop in budget and we may need to go part time.
Not convinced that the crowds will go that low or that the cost will be that much. We certainly don't need to go part time.

Income per head is maybe £10, call it £12 for argument (season is £7.70 per game, we dish out a load of comps and have lots of offers - kids for a quid, Anti racism etc). Don't forget we pay VAT on it either.

Drop by 600 average over 23 games is therefore £165,000 (less the VAT).

The parachute payment, year one is £230,000 (no VAT).
Diggerthedog

Of our average 2000 what part is away fans? My guess would be at least 300 hundred. Our home crowds will certainly drop by 2-300 so I don't think I'm far off with the average of 1400.

You only have to look as our home cup game vs Morcambe to see what our crowds will look like next season.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Of our average 2000 what part is away fans? My guess would be at least 300 hundred. Our home crowds will certainly drop by 2-300 so I don't think I'm far off with the average of 1400.

You only have to look as our home cup game vs Morcambe to see what our crowds will look like next season.
I'd say the majority of teams will bring in the region of 100-200 away fans. Teams like York, trammere and the more local sides bringing between 300-500 so not all bad.
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Of our average 2000 what part is away fans? My guess would be at least 300 hundred. Our home crowds will certainly drop by 2-300 so I don't think I'm far off with the average of 1400.

I'd say the majority of teams will bring in the region of 100-200 away fans. Teams like York, trammere and the more local sides bringing between 300-500 so not all bad.
If you think Boreham Wood or Braintree would bring 300 odd, I like your optimism! Wood have had at least one sub 300 gate this season and Braintree rarely push above the 1000 mark. Not many local sides would bring 300, Aldershot maybe? Potentially Ebbsfleet?
Diggerthedog

NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

If you think Boreham Wood or Braintree would bring 300 odd, I like your optimism! Wood have had at least one sub 300 gate this season and Braintree rarely push above the 1000 mark. Not many local sides would bring 300, Aldershot maybe? Potentially Ebbsfleet?
Agree with Nick here many of these teams take 30-50 to Saturday games away. The club need to do something with the TBS for next season or it will sit empty.