Ched Evans and Oldham Athletic

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Paul from Barking

Adding my 10 pence worth:

I personally think that Evans is a grade A creep about whom I would be mortified were either of my sisters to draw up with him.

At best he is a slimeball who treated his then existing GF with contempt and a total lack of respect Even if there were absolutely no doubt whatsoever about the consent (or lack of it) issue.

But WAS it rape?

Absolutely, if he turned up there and she never at any point knew there'll be another bloke along later - and we'll have a 3-some AND then IF she was effectively asleep through alcohol THEN, he is guilty.

However, did she consent to a 3-some with the other bloke who sent the text "I have a bird"? I only know what I know from the press and what I have read, and seeing as I am only absolutely certain he is a real grade A shitbag but not about the consent to the mate earlier then borderlione, borderline, borderline NOT GUILTY by the skin on a gnat's bollocks - the benefit of the doubt.

Evans certainly is a poor specimen, but calling him a rapist for being a stuck up pompous, selfish, indolent, indulgent cretin at the end of the day isn't right. And although he is a grade A scumbag, I consider we collectively have a responsibility to do what's right even though he truly is an odious bucket of effluent.

As for the "victim".... No, ladies - I am NOT saying that have a drink and you can be anybody's (and that they will be beyond punishment) but you have to take some responsibility for yourself and not drink to the point where something like this happens; guilty or not do you want to wake up having been shegged by some scumball like this and then have 2nd thoughts over whether you actually did or not - OR WORSE, get found dead in a ditch?

IMV Evans has paid enough. I think that ugly mob rule about Evans' inclusion has spoken but cannot be allowed to win out here. He has the message and continuously hounding him everywhere is concerning. After all which of us has never done anything we regret or wish hadn't happened? I also - more importanly - think that most footballers do have the message about their sexual proclivities - though I wonder whether this has yet reached the premier league where there is an allegation in some parts about 27 year olds thinking 15 year olds are fair game - again where they have a wife / girlfriend already at home.
rechitski kinzhal

Any of the original posters care to re-think their attitudes given that this innocent man has lost his career, reputation and millions of pounds because of some ill-thought out police crusade?
Yes, he has been shown to be a bit of a sleaze ball - how many other professional footballers have been shown to be the same?
I only went on about this case because it was clear to me from what I read that this was "questionable" from the start, yet some parts of society seemed to want him to hang.
Now the poor fellow is too far down the line to resurrect a career. And let us also not forget the poor girl in this - yes, she also is a sleaze ball, but she never wanted any of it, and she never cried rape. The police have a lot to answer on this one ...... yet again.
Mike the Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Any of the original posters care to re-think their attitudes given that this innocent man has lost his career, reputation and millions of pounds because of some ill-thought out police crusade?
Yes, he has been shown to be a bit of a sleaze ball - how many other professional footballers have been shown to be the same?
I only went on about this case because it was clear to me from what I read that this was "questionable" from the start, yet some parts of society seemed to want him to hang.
Now the poor fellow is too far down the line to resurrect a career. And let us also not forget the poor girl in this - yes, she also is a sleaze ball, but she never wanted any of it, and she never cried rape. The police have a lot to answer on this one ...... yet again.
So he's not a rapist, just a total scumbag. That's OK then.

Gone from being 0.1% over the line....

- he made his way late at night to a hotel (after 4am), blagged his way to getting the night porter to let him into the room (which he had booked and paid for in McDonald's name) and had his mates sloppy seconds with a drunken girl he had never met before who was in no fit state to consent to sex

to 0.1% under it...

- he made his way late at night to a hotel (after 4am), blagged his way to getting the night porter to let him into the room (which he had booked and paid for in McDonald's name) and had his mates sloppy seconds with a drunken girl he had never met before who consented to sex and later changed her mind
Chigwellian

did she even know there was another guy in her room (Ched Evans)