This is dreadful

This area for you to discuss any other topics
Mike the Dagger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38045742

i was aware of some of it as the cousin of the fourth guy killed works with my wife. When she was telling us this after Port was first arrested it sounded incredible that he had gone on so long without the police putting it all together. It was basically the family doing their own detective work and refusing to let the police drop it that forced them to follow up.

Disgraceful and heads have to roll.
Auntie Merge

The sheer incompetence of the police over this is astounding.
Any amateur detective would not have taken the suicide at face value.
I heard the police on the news at lunchtime blaming dating apps. Talk about passing the buck.
I think there is something like 17 officers under investigation. I expect very few to return to their jobs.
Mike the Dagger

2 police sacked and 17 under investigation.

The Police Commissioner has told the family that this is the worst case of police incompetence that he has ever seen and that they should sue!

They have been aligned with the Lawrence campaign as this very much appears to be along similar lines to that one – Police dismissing gay men taking drugs and having random sex therefore not worth investigating!

They now believe that he could have killed more.
Auntie Merge

Yep. Did you also read that the same woman found both bodies and she said in the news she thought they were related, so how the police didn't...

I imagine there are lots more.
Paul from Barking

Paul, your post has been edited by a moderator. That really is uncalled for.
Paul from Barking

Paul from Barking wrote:Paul, your post has been edited by a moderator. That really is uncalled for.
I was tormenting him - but honestly in a jovial way