Hurricane Ian and international fans in SE USA.

This area for you to discuss any other topics
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am sure some of Hurricane Ian has been in the news in England and around the world.

I live in Greensboro, NC and even here we are going to have at least 2-4 inches of rain and I live on the border of the 4-6 inches of rain. I don't think I have any trees tall enough and close enough to hit the house but with that much rain all the pine trees with shallow roots may not stand in the winds and a soaked ground. Likely to lose power due to falling trees on power lines in the area that feed my neighborhood. And this is nothing compared to what Florida was hit with. I am 700 miles from where Ian first come on shore. Ian is going to gain some strength while in the Atlantic before coming back on shore 250 miles south of where I live.

I do plan to travel to Boone, NC for a college American football game on Saturday. That starts a bit after the Daggers have completed their fixture. That is going to be a wet and windy game. Landslides might keep me away but I have tickets and I hate to not use them.

Anyone living through Ian.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

This storms keeps tracking east, which is brining it closer to my home. It went from from heading west of my mother's house this is 40 miles west of Charlotte to now predicted to move directly over my daughter's apartment in Winston-Salem and likely to continue to move east and closer to Greensboro.

We have about 6 hours before things get their worst for us in central North Carolina.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well, that is over for me, more or less.

3.5 inches of rain and some wind but no downed trees and we did not lose electricity. It could have been a lot worse.
Auntie Merge

Stay safe x
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:34 am Stay safe x
This ended up being a lot less than I expected. And I am not complaining. About 1/3 of my county was without power early Saturday morning but we never lost power, for once, at my house. Lots of leaves on the ground