Brian Woodall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

He's been released finally, wasn't even starting for Dover.
Mike the Dagger

What a shame that Brian seems to have wasted his talent.
Masked Man

I remember him going all shy when he was given a standing ovation after, I think, Southend away a couple of seasons back.

He looked like potential Gold.... What a waste, let's hope he shines elsewhere!!
ThatRoundThing

All his own doing I'm afraid. He always struck me as a nice lad and I had a few conversations with his dad and family in the past with the dad enjoying the Daggers.
Why he went off the rails is a mystery to me.
The lad was doing well for us at first and could have been a regular at Daggers if not at a bigger club.
Letting his fitness slide and not seeming to make much effort to regain it obviously upset the manager and his staff as well as the board.
And then of course the drink driving offence sounded the imminent end of his career here.
If he had regained his fitness I'm sure he would have been a regular first teamer above the striker pecking order, when on form and fit, than Scott and Dickson.
Hardy1

Apart from a a very brief spell he was pretty useless. He used to run around a lot but that was about it. A poor signing.
nomis

Sorry HARDY 1 ..........I totally disagree

Brian Woodall was a massive waste of talent of that Iv'e no doubt

This guy was his own worst doing

Lets not forget that enquiries where made for this player after his first full with us by Championship Clubs and high hopes were held by all including myself that this player would be the next Craig Mackail-Smith !!!

Think if truth be know Brian would be the first to admit that he thought he had cracked it and it was only a matter of time before he moved onto better and bigger clubs !

This was a player from the Still era that cost the club nothing except a pre season friendly against he's former employers

Let's hope that we see Brian at some point in the future plying his trade at a competitive level
Dagger83

Hardy1 wrote:Apart from a a very brief spell he was pretty useless. He used to run around a lot but that was about it. A poor signing.
Harsh.

He was certainly rough around the edges but he had a pretty decent first season and could have been a decent player. I don't think he would have flourished in to anything more than decent but he did show glimpses.

I'm glad he's gone though. To be seemingly so disinterested in a career as a professional is a shame but he's made his bed.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
matt_drfc

Signed for Bishop's Stortford in Conference South...
ARNU

I was at that Southend away game where he scored the equaliser and went off to a standing ovation,we all sang his name and thought we had a major star of the future.I took this pic at the end and shook his hand.This boy was going places.

I just think its sad really,wasted talent.I've obviously got my problem with his drink driving but I'd imagine that was just another sign of his going off the rails a bit.He was never going to play for us again as soon as he got in the papers for that stupid act.I truly hope he takes a good look at himself and sorts his life out.How many of us would love to have had that talent and been paid to play football ? See how he copes down the dole office,maybe then he'll see.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I just think its sad really,wasted talent.I've obviously got my problem with his drink driving but I'd imagine that was just another sign of his going off the rails a bit.He was never going to play for us again as soon as he got in the papers for that stupid act.I truly hope he takes a good look at himself and sorts his life out.How many of us would love to have had that talent and been paid to play football ? See how he copes down the dole office,maybe then he'll see.
Just signed for Bishop's Stortford, so no dole office
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:I just think its sad really,wasted talent.I've obviously got my problem with his drink driving but I'd imagine that was just another sign of his going off the rails a bit.He was never going to play for us again as soon as he got in the papers for that stupid act.I truly hope he takes a good look at himself and sorts his life out.How many of us would love to have had that talent and been paid to play football ? See how he copes down the dole office,maybe then he'll see.
Just signed for Bishop's Stortford, so no dole office
Yes I know.You seem to think everything I say is looking for an argument Matt.

If you have such great potential then you get fat don't bother at training,go drink driving and cant even get in the squad and then you end up going to Bishop Stortford(Where you will have to have 1st team footy or your big time career will never flourish) then you will probably end up in a dole office at some time.He was a wasted talent is my point,and a waste of time the last 2 seasons for all of us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Hahaha
NickMurphy

That equaliser at Southend is still one of my favourite goals of the past few years.

Thanks for the memory, Brian.
Lcbdagger

If any of the old rumours were even 10% true about teams higher up the league looking at him at few seasons back it makes it all the more astonishing that he came back in pre season after a great year unfit and overweight... just boggles the mind
redboy

I think that there's a quote somewhere about the success of a sportsman being more about attitude than aptitude. After being thrown in at the deep end in his first season here, it's arguable that his goals contributed to us staying in the league. He therefore should have been full of confidence, but I never got that impression from him. Always felt he was a little overawed by playing at this level which may have resulted in his demise. I wish him good luck in the future.