Moses Swaibu

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25781813

Didn't we have him on trial a while back? Lucky escape if we did. Well not lucky, he was probably shit.
matt_drfc

Yeah he was pre season of 2012/13 I think
ARNU

He was alright as a player.

This match fixing is deeper than you think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

All 3 players charged are from Croydon, can't just be a coincidence.
rechitski kinzhal

Also all three conference players, plus all the others from Leagues 1 and 2 are ................ oooops, sorry, forgot, we are not allowed to speak the truth in this country anymore.
matt_drfc

They obviously haven't got the right mentality, just interested in money not living a dream.
Chigwellian

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Also all three conference players, plus all the others from Leagues 1 and 2 are ................ oooops, sorry, forgot, we are not allowed to speak the truth in this country anymore.
like :)
Daggers No 2 Fan

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Also all three conference players, plus all the others from Leagues 1 and 2 are ................ oooops, sorry, forgot, we are not allowed to speak the truth in this country anymore.
I'm guessing you wanted to point out that they're all black? If they all are, I can't see why you think you'd not be allowed to point that out if it's a fact.
matt_drfc

No doubt someone would pipe up with "that's racist"
Lcbdagger

This is a clear fact so nothing to hide from... saying that with 'spot fixing' rather than 'match fixing' it's easy to see why lower league players on low money get their heads turned. Nobody thinks they will get caught as it's small teams in insignificant matches, often on things that are hard to prove such as a red card in a game... how do you prove someone putting in a shocking tackle in a match is on the take? Those getting paid for a yellow card are even harder to prove... you get one of those for kicking a ball away after a free kick nowadays.The high profile cases are only coming out due to 'video evidence of players allegedly discussing deals.
matt_drfc

I think this case is actual match-fixing, whereas the case with Montano, Sodje's, DJ Campbell etc is spot-fixing
USADAGGER nick

Would someone be so kind as to explain the difference to me? Or is there really no difference?
matt_drfc

Match-fixing would be to ensure a certain outcome in the match, i.e Result, Total Goals...

Spot-fixing would be a player to get a yellow card, red card on purpose. I reckon someone can explain it a little better haha
ARNU

West ham did it a few years ago (spot fixing) or were accused of it.They hoofed the ball straight out from kick off to give away the days earliest throw in.Dont think they were found guilty it all went a bit quiet after the initial accusation.If anyone can enlighten me id appreciate it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Paul Kitson I think that was. He'd bet on the time of first throw to be 2 seconds.