FA Cup Draw Home v Leyton orient

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

This is dire
Pondfield Dagger

1600 home fans, thats quite high for us.

normally i think we average (just home section) 1200/ 1300 tops this season, where the extra home fans come from? hope they enjoyed the game and come back lol
Alan

How did Lawless not get sent off? Could have had 4 bookings.

Lots of possession, not a lot of goal threat from us today.
RM1Dagger

I thought we were the better team but didn't create enough to win and they actually had the best chances, hitting the bar twice within seconds of each and they missed a sitter second half. Good shift from Romain and Ferrier caused them problems. Whiteley still a bit off for me but played okay second half..
Now the SE27 Dagger
A S dagger97

Our attack is lacking a lot of decisiveness at key moments when we're on top. We would have scored 1 or 2 in That 15 minute spell when we basically stayed in their half if played like we were able to at the start of the season. Is it just down to Cheeks absence and a dip in Coreys form that were not as free flowing or does anyone worry about our clear lack of quality at the moment?
I'm impressed by all our defence today though we seemed very solid throughout, I thought Doe, Robson, And Adams stood out so if we can create chances more regularly again we'll hopefully turn a lot of these draws into wins.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Daggernewbie

Glad the crossbar had superb game saved us twice today but all credit to there goalkeeper too pulling off two great saves. Looked a lot better today playing the ball on the ground and not hoffing it up field all the time.Now roll on Tuesday and lets get the job done.
JFJBENSTEAD

When I saw that Widows on was at centre back for them, I expected us to at least score. Truth is we never really looked like scoring. Ferrier had a good game and is due a goal. Romain was busy (great leap for a small striker) and gets himself into good positions but lacks an end product.

We were dominant for most of the second half. Just don't think that we'll ever have a better chance of beating them - they're the worst Orient side I've ever seen over at Victoria Road.

Second home game in a row where the opposition missed a sitter to get us out of jail.

Looking forward to the replay. Gives me a chance to get to Brisbane Road for our most local away game.

Decent atmosphere for most part today as well - hope we take a decent number to Tuesday's game.
ARNU

I thought Ling was MOTM and I'd have definitely not complained if they gave it to Romaine either. Busy busy boy. His header would have been a great goal. Orient were terrible, dunno how we ain't won that tbh. Also I'm liking Howells now, definitely redeemed himself in my book.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:I thought Ling was MOTM and I'd have definitely not complained if they gave it to Romaine either. Busy busy boy. His header would have been a great goal. Orient were terrible, dunno how we ain't won that tbh. Also I'm liking Howells now, definitely redeemed himself in my book.
Got to agree with you there ARNU about MOTM
Daggernewbie

My poor old mate could not get a programme as they sold out so if anyone who does not want their`s can you please bring it with you next Saturday and leave it with Russell next Saturday thx.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pondfield Dagger wrote:1600 home fans, thats quite high for us.

normally i think we average (just home section) 1200/ 1300 tops this season, where the extra home fans come from? hope they enjoyed the game and come back lol
We had no more then our normal the additionals were Irient fans masquaeading as Daggers to save a fiver
SUSSEX DAGGER

Should have won their Goalkeeper was a flapper and we did not test him enough in my book.

As somebody was commenting not for the first time in recent weeks the Daggers of August and September would have taken them apart, something is simply not clicking at moment.

Somehow I think the replay suits both sides financially so not surprised it ended like it did.
Alan

Romaine is busy but not a goal threat. Whitely looks low on confidence and has stopped running at defenders, possibly in part because we are lacking the Cheek/Ferrier pairing making space for him.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:1600 home fans, thats quite high for us.

We had no more then our normal the additionals were Irient fans masquaeading as Daggers to save a fiver
That's not true.

I know of about 15/20 people who went because it was Dagenham v Orient.
Diggerthedog

If there was 2,500 there how we can fit in 5000+ I will never know. 900 in the away end only 1600 in the rest of the stadium? Sounds a bit fishy to me.