Banning orders

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

" Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men"
Lord Acton British politician, 1887
Auntie Merge

daggersjeff wrote:" Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men"
Lord Acton British politician, 1887
I need my eyes tested. Why did I read that as bald men? :ninja: :lol:
daggersjeff

Now, now Mergie, thats Baldist :lol:
Daggernewbie

Chelseadagger wrote:I was there with 3 other Dagenham fans watching the 1st half of the Napoli vs Torino match upstairs in the clubhouse. We was talking about the club and team performances, no swearing no shouting nor was we disturbing anybody. Steve Thompson was talking to Paul Gwinn about 2 meters away from us, he kept looking over at us for sometime. At the stroke of half time steve Thompson came over and confronted one of the other Dagenham fans who I was talking with. Steve Thompson kept asking the fan the same question but kept getting the same reply “I’m not interested in talking to you steve” after 2 or 3 times of this being repeated steve Thompson asked the fan to leave. When the fan asked why, steve Thompson said you are banned. The fan asked can he have his ban in writing please and steve Thompson told him “no, I don’t have to” when the fan told steve Thompson that he has paid to be here, he was told “I don’t want your money” the fan replied that others would not want to come here if this is the way they will be treated. Steve Thompson said “I don’t want yours or your friends money”. At this point it had caused a scene in the clubhouse as other fans saw and herd what happened. Myself and 2 of the other 3 fans left the club house straight away, I believe the other stayed to finish his drink.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion on this, but ther was a fair few fans that saw this happen. If fans are able to draw a line under differences between themselves and differences between the club in the spirit of let’s get behind the team. It just seems abit unnecessary that a fan is banned for not wanting to have a conversation and then being told “I don’t want your money”
I`m glad you made this statement backs up what the fan said but no doubt you will still get the board`s they never wrong brigade disputing this.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:
Chelseadagger wrote:I was there with 3 other Dagenham fans watching the 1st half of the Napoli vs Torino match upstairs in the clubhouse. We was talking about the club and team performances, no swearing no shouting nor was we disturbing anybody. Steve Thompson was talking to Paul Gwinn about 2 meters away from us, he kept looking over at us for sometime. At the stroke of half time steve Thompson came over and confronted one of the other Dagenham fans who I was talking with. Steve Thompson kept asking the fan the same question but kept getting the same reply “I’m not interested in talking to you steve” after 2 or 3 times of this being repeated steve Thompson asked the fan to leave. When the fan asked why, steve Thompson said you are banned. The fan asked can he have his ban in writing please and steve Thompson told him “no, I don’t have to” when the fan told steve Thompson that he has paid to be here, he was told “I don’t want your money” the fan replied that others would not want to come here if this is the way they will be treated. Steve Thompson said “I don’t want yours or your friends money”. At this point it had caused a scene in the clubhouse as other fans saw and herd what happened. Myself and 2 of the other 3 fans left the club house straight away, I believe the other stayed to finish his drink.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion on this, but ther was a fair few fans that saw this happen. If fans are able to draw a line under differences between themselves and differences between the club in the spirit of let’s get behind the team. It just seems abit unnecessary that a fan is banned for not wanting to have a conversation and then being told “I don’t want your money”
I`m glad you made this statement backs up what the fan said but no doubt you will still get the board`s they never wrong brigade disputing this.
No one has denied it happened or did I miss that?

As so many witnessed the exchange, what question was it that was being asked though?
steeevooo

As the fan in question I can certainly corroborate the original post in this thread.

After the match yesterday I was in the clubhouse with a few others, having a chat about the game when Mr. Thompson tried to interrupt our conversation to talk to me. For the benefit of Mike, he asked if he can talk to me (quite aggressively actually, but that may or may not be down to the couple of pints he'd had). I told him that I had no interest in having a conversation with him. He then tried on two further occasions to talk to me, in response to each of them I declined, telling him that I did not wish to engage in conversation with him. At no point was I aggressive, abusive, swear at him or raise my voice. After the third occasion he told me that in that case I'm banned from "his clubhouse". I asked him what for and if he could put that in writing. His response was "I don't need to put it in writing and I don't need a reason to ban people from my clubhouse". I then pointed out that me and my friends have put a lot of money into the club, which the club needs right now. His response was "I don't want your money and I don't want your friends money either. Now get out of my clubhouse."

I've been supporting the club for 21 of my 31 years, putting God knows how much money into the club, raised money for the club and also ran the supporters football team for an extended period, building up relationships with other football clubs. None of that matters, as since I didn't wish to engage into conversation with Mr Thompson, my and my friends money is now not welcome.

I find it interesting that there have been numerous occasions when fans have tried to converse with our M.D. and been rebuffed, yet if it happens to him then he throws such a hissy fit.

If this is the unity that the club was appealing for to help us move forwards, then I'm at a complete loss as to how this club will ever heal it's wounds.

From now on I'll be drinking in the Eastbrook pre and post match, and I invite all my friends to do likewise, since your money is equally not welcome at Dagenham and Redbridge FC.
Chigwellian

I’m actually thinking of boycotting home games next season, and just go to the away games.
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:

No one has denied it happened or did I miss that?

As so many witnessed the exchange, what question was it that was being asked though?
Where does it say someones denied it ?
The Romford Dagger

steeevooo wrote:As the fan in question I can certainly corroborate the original post in this thread.

After the match yesterday I was in the clubhouse with a few others, having a chat about the game when Mr. Thompson tried to interrupt our conversation to talk to me. For the benefit of Mike, he asked if he can talk to me (quite aggressively actually, but that may or may not be down to the couple of pints he'd had). I told him that I had no interest in having a conversation with him. He then tried on two further occasions to talk to me, in response to each of them I declined, telling him that I did not wish to engage in conversation with him. At no point was I aggressive, abusive, swear at him or raise my voice. After the third occasion he told me that in that case I'm banned from "his clubhouse". I asked him what for and if he could put that in writing. His response was "I don't need to put it in writing and I don't need a reason to ban people from my clubhouse". I then pointed out that me and my friends have put a lot of money into the club, which the club needs right now. His response was "I don't want your money and I don't want your friends money either. Now get out of my clubhouse."

I've been supporting the club for 21 of my 31 years, putting God knows how much money into the club, raised money for the club and also ran the supporters football team for an extended period, building up relationships with other football clubs. None of that matters, as since I didn't wish to engage into conversation with Mr Thompson, my and my friends money is now not welcome.

I find it interesting that there have been numerous occasions when fans have tried to converse with our M.D. and been rebuffed, yet if it happens to him then he throws such a hissy fit.

If this is the unity that the club was appealing for to help us move forwards, then I'm at a complete loss as to how this club will ever heal it's wounds.

From now on I'll be drinking in the Eastbrook pre and post match, and I invite all my friends to do likewise, since your money is equally not welcome at Dagenham and Redbridge FC.

Blimey - that really is bang out of order.

Fair play for not telling him to fook off as you left. That’s what I’d have done.
Blackie645

We are told to stick together by the board, Thompson does not realise without us he has no job, if no one comes into the ground or buys season tickets he has no income, except sponsorship. I remember him in the early 80's he worked behind the bar!! ironic.
Voice of reason

This reminds me of a similar upset with a fan after the Everton game. If I remember correctly there was a suggestion booze had been taken on that occasion too
dagger4eva

Booze is almost always a contributory factor when it comes to Mr Thompson and confrontations!

I'd have been hauled up on a Gross Misconduct charge if I ever behaved like he did, at work, after a skinful.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Booze is almost always a contributory factor when it comes to Mr Thompson and confrontations!

I'd have been hauled up on a Gross Misconduct charge if I ever behaved like he did, at work, after a skinful.
Yep, no excuse for that at all.
DI Mike Dashwood

Clearly Thommo should not have spoken to Steveooo like this, or to anyone else for that matter. I would imagine whether people like him or not though, Thommo is probably hurting and under more pressure than anyone here so is probably a bit on edge at the moment?? I know there are times in life when I have said and done things I would obviously not do again in hindsight, but maybe others on here believe their own sh1t don't smell, as it sometimes seems that way. I don't know what the conversation or incident was over, so hard to comment, but maybe he wanted to speak to Steveooo in person to try and iron things out rather than do what everyone else on here does and sit and debate things on here rather than do anything in person??

Clearly something did happen as others on here have confirmed it, but be interested at what time and how many beers Thommo had had. I, and others on here, had a conversation with him, and the Chairman, in the Top Bar at about 8.20pm on Saturday and he didn't seem drunk in anyway at all (although maybe I just didn't pick up on it as I was)!!!!

With regards to the Everton incident, ironically the person who had the run in that day with Thommo was one of those having an amicable conversation with him on Saturday night when I left. Well it was amicable up to the point I left the room anyway ha ha.
Voice of reason

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Clearly Thommo should not have spoken to Steveooo like this, or to anyone else for that matter. I would imagine whether people like him or not though, Thommo is probably hurting and under more pressure than anyone here so is probably a bit on edge at the moment?? I know there are times in life when I have said and done things I would obviously not do again in hindsight, but maybe others on here believe their own sh1t don't smell, as it sometimes seems that way. I don't know what the conversation or incident was over, so hard to comment, but maybe he wanted to speak to Steveooo in person to try and iron things out rather than do what everyone else on here does and sit and debate things on here rather than do anything in person??

Clearly something did happen as others on here have confirmed it, but be interested at what time and how many beers Thommo had had. I, and others on here, had a conversation with him, and the Chairman, in the Top Bar at about 8.20pm on Saturday and he didn't seem drunk in anyway at all (although maybe I just didn't pick up on it as I was)!!!!

With regards to the Everton incident, ironically the person who had the run in that day with Thommo was one of those having an amicable conversation with him on Saturday night when I left. Well it was amicable up to the point I left the room anyway ha ha.
That's the point I was making Mike
Most people change when they've had one too many
For some of us that number is lower than it is for others