Every cloud has a silver linning.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 pm
Adrian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 pm
As pointed out in another thread, Mike has said previously that the current board should consider their positions.
That doesn't really align with thinking they can do no wrongs does it?

I recall his post in that thread but think it was promptly removed. I am not trawling through many threads to find and quote it, if you find it I will read it again.Publishing questions on this forum on behalf of Thompson and Bennet doesn’t come across as in anyway critical of the two directors. The recent pursuit solely against the Supporters Club only does leave me wondering his motive.
I never forget that the club was up the creek with it’s finances well before “fake”emails or flags came along but that and failed consortiums were not pursued with such gusto.
But you don't jump on those that do very little other than have a go at the clubs directors over and over?
It's not hard to see that the supporters club has not helped much with some of the recent stuff.
At best, it's been terribly naive with how some of its members have acted.

Somebody that is in no way critical of someone doesn't say they should consider their positions.
The quote is in the DiggerDagger website. It's not hard to find.
ThatRoundThing

Adrian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm
ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 pm
Adrian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 pm
As pointed out in another thread, Mike has said previously that the current board should consider their positions.
That doesn't really align with thinking they can do no wrongs does it?

I recall his post in that thread but think it was promptly removed. I am not trawling through many threads to find and quote it, if you find it I will read it again.Publishing questions on this forum on behalf of Thompson and Bennet doesn’t come across as in anyway critical of the two directors. The recent pursuit solely against the Supporters Club only does leave me wondering his motive.
I never forget that the club was up the creek with it’s finances well before “fake”emails or flags came along but that and failed consortiums were not pursued with such gusto.
But you don't jump on those that do very little other than have a go at the clubs directors over and over?
It's not hard to see that the supporters club has not helped much with some of the recent stuff.
At best, it's been terribly naive with how some of its members have acted.

Somebody that is in no way critical of someone doesn't say they should consider their positions.
The quote is in the DiggerDagger website. It's not hard to find.
I was referring to posts on this forum not outside sources that I don’t read. Ah, that’s why I couldn’t find it. I would take a calculated guess that most recent posts have been anti SC than against the board. Leave you to do the counting.
NickMurphy

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:27 pm FFS, the point here is that Dave Bennett was asking these questions of the SC committee back in September and has had no reply. It's easier to get information out of the Freemasons than it is out of the Supporters Club.

What is there to hide exactly??
A simple answer to number 3 he has no right for peoples names etc.
I mean, the SC committee are literally listed on the SC website.

Here > https://daggerssc.wordpress.com/the-committee/
ThatRoundThing

NickMurphy wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:21 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:27 pm FFS, the point here is that Dave Bennett was asking these questions of the SC committee back in September and has had no reply. It's easier to get information out of the Freemasons than it is out of the Supporters Club.

What is there to hide exactly??
A simple answer to number 3 he has no right for peoples names etc.
I mean, the SC committee are literally listed on the SC website.

Here > https://daggerssc.wordpress.com/the-committee/

That was pointed out some three hours ago Nick. Don’t think it is entirely up to date though.
Richie

As I said months ago, the sooner the Supporters Club disband the better.

In the 21st century they're not needed even if they were representing the fans in a correct way. But more importantly, their crusade against Thompson is certainly not representing the feelings of the majority of supporters.
Daggernewbie

Richie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:17 pm As I said months ago, the sooner the Supporters Club disband the better.

In the 21st century they're not needed even if they were representing the fans in a correct way. But more importantly, their crusade against Thompson is certainly not representing the feelings of the majority of supporters.
Right Richie a couple of questions

1. Who would volunteer to organise and supervise the coaches for the supporters for the away games ?
2. If the club run the coaches would they subsidise the cost of the coach like the supporters club ?
3. Who would volunteer to organise the selling of programmes on match days ?
4. Who would volunteer to sell the programmes ?
5. Crusade against Thompson proof please that the supporters club have week in week out made protests, posting,banners etc. of this alleged crusade against Steve Thompson ?

Look forward to your answers.
TomMc

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 am Right Richie a couple of questions
I mean, this has got to be a joke right?

Demanding answers to questions when the same's asked of you and you refuse to do so?
Daggernewbie

TomMc wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 am
Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 am Right Richie a couple of questions
I mean, this has got to be a joke right?

Demanding answers to questions when the same's asked of you and you refuse to do so?
No why is it a joke I asked this on behalf of the supporters not the supporters club who go to away games and buy programmes.
TomMc

David Bennett's a supporter, has been for a long time. Yet you (and the SC) don't feel he's earned the right to have his questions answered.

One more question for you, how many volunteers does the Supporter's Club have working on an average match day?
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:20 pm
I was referring to posts on this forum not outside sources that I don’t read. Ah, that’s why I couldn’t find it. I would take a calculated guess that most recent posts have been anti SC than against the board. Leave you to do the counting.
It was in the original opinion piece, it is in the new opinion piece and it is on this forum (shhhhhhh) ;)

What we don't need right now is the people that are keeping the club afloat both with their day to day work and hard earned money, which is effectively going straight in the black hole that has been created by Hopkin ducking out of his commitment to fund the overspending, pulling out. If we do that we are gone.

That isn't to say once we are sorted, hopefully, things don't need to be reviewed regarding how we got here.

As for the criticism of the SC, yep, I believe they have acted poorly for some considerable time. In this example, they have repeatedly claimed no one from the board will talk to them, yet have refused to reply to a letter from a Director asking mainly easily answered questions (as demonstrated in this thread) for 6 months.
Diggerthedog

Can't believe the grief the supporters club are getting, all the attempts to raise money for the club, all the millions of FREE hours they have provided that the club would otherwise have to pay people to do those jobs.

Let's remember it's not them that got us into this mess it's the current board so deflecting blame onto them for your personal gain is pathetic.

If you don't like how this volunteer organisation is run then put yourself up for the committee, but you won't.
daggerfirst

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am Can't believe the grief the supporters club are getting, all the attempts to raise money for the club, all the millions of FREE hours they have provided that the club would otherwise have to pay people to do those jobs.

Let's remember it's not them that got us into this mess it's the current board so deflecting blame onto them for your personal gain is pathetic.

If you don't like how this volunteer organisation is run then put yourself up for the committee, but you won't.
All those millions of games all there volunteers
have got in for free, thus depreiving the club of £18 per home game per person.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am Can't believe the grief the supporters club are getting, all the attempts to raise money for the club, all the millions of FREE hours they have provided that the club would otherwise have to pay people to do those jobs.

Presuming that is aimed at me (yeah I know it's not all about me), what "personal gain" did you have in mind here exactly?
dagger4eva

Im not getting drawn into this SC argument but the point about the board putting the club into the shit NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME has been and is being masterfully deflected!

Glyn is almost equally culpable here mind you.
Any news on whether he's has changed his mind?? Oh yeah - he aint and never was!

That brand of his must look so good right now with those articles on the BBC and evening standard websites.
Headline:
GLYN HOPKIN PULLS OUT TO LEAVE DAGGERS IN THE LURCH

That looks a lot better than a stupid flag being flown at a football match .. right?
The same flag of which has been flown regularly IN the clubhouse on a sunday night for years and years!
Daggernewbie

TomMc wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am David Bennett's a supporter, has been for a long time. Yet you (and the SC) don't feel he's earned the right to have his questions answered.

One more question for you, how many volunteers does the Supporter's Club have working on an average match day?
Who is asking Dave Bennett I`m certainly not I`m asking Richie and there are at least 12 or more volunteers on match days.