Every cloud has a silver linning.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

daggerfirst wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am Can't believe the grief the supporters club are getting, all the attempts to raise money for the club, all the millions of FREE hours they have provided that the club would otherwise have to pay people to do those jobs.

Let's remember it's not them that got us into this mess it's the current board so deflecting blame onto them for your personal gain is pathetic.

If you don't like how this volunteer organisation is run then put yourself up for the committee, but you won't.
All those millions of games all there volunteers
have got in for free, thus depreiving the club of £18 per home game per person.
So the club pays for helpers who then just get their wages and go home so say ten get paid the £18 gate money for two hours work and go home that`s depriving the club £180 so makes no difference does it.
Alan

The club would get £40 profit per set of golden goals on that model, instead of the supporters club.
dagger4eva

1. Terrace is £15 on the day.

2. Your calculation would also require the volunteers to be otherwise paying on the day instead of the £8 odd it works out per game with a season ticket.

The nit picking continues
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am Can't believe the grief the supporters club are getting, all the attempts to raise money for the club, all the millions of FREE hours they have provided that the club would otherwise have to pay people to do those jobs.

Let's remember it's not them that got us into this mess it's the current board so deflecting blame onto them for your personal gain is pathetic.

If you don't like how this volunteer organisation is run then put yourself up for the committee, but you won't.
Presuming that is aimed at me (yeah I know it's not all about me), what "personal gain" did you have in mind here exactly?
Aimed at anyone taking digs at a group of volunteers.

A handful get in games for free, the board get in for free so not sure what point someone above was trying to make.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm
A handful get in games for free, the board get in for free so not sure what point someone above was trying to make.
Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 amthere are at least 12 or more volunteers on match days.
If "at least 12" are a handful for you that explains a lot TBH... ;)
Pondfield Dagger

loads of people get in free. There are no turnstiles on bury road entrance anymore, there used to be. there is just the big double door metal gate which most of the time on match day is unlocked and no steward in sight. When you go to toilet that end you will see.
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:the board get in for free
Thommo gets in for “free” because he’s working on Matchdays. Bennett pays handsomely (by way of sponsorship, putting extra money into the club etc) to get in for “free”. Simmo’s working on matchdays too. Who else is left? Paul Gwynn?
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm the board get in for free
So I asked Dave Bennett about this one... (yeah I know... tongue, nose, muppet etc etc.)

"The board get in free?

If you forget the investment, the donations, the few pounds here and there, sure it’s free.

Steve Thompson gets in free as he is doing his paid job, Paul Gwinn and Dave Simpson get in free becauses they are doing their unpaid job. And I pay quite handsomely for 2 seats in hospitality box along with friends, regardless of whether I’m there or not. Everyone else pays!"

I seriously wonder why the board bother sometimes, all the shit they take from people. Bear in mind the £150k he has just put in to buy a company that is pretty much bust already would buy him a terrace season ticket for 750 years or so, quite apart from all the money shelled out prior to that as shirt sponsor etc etc.
DagenhamDan

I really don't know what's become of the fans of my childhood club. There's so much animosity nowadays it is sad to see. Until everyone gets on the same side this club will continue to deteriorate. It doesn't matter who's fault it is what matters is that we all try to help fix it the best we can. We are all Daggers fans let's all get on the same side.
bloke down the pub

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 pm Eastbrook was rammed, funny that.
Not according to the staff at the pub!
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm the board get in for free
So I asked Dave Bennett about this one... (yeah I know... tongue, nose, muppet etc etc.)

"The board get in free?

If you forget the investment, the donations, the few pounds here and there, sure it’s free.

Steve Thompson gets in free as he is doing his paid job, Paul Gwinn and Dave Simpson get in free becauses they are doing their unpaid job. And I pay quite handsomely for 2 seats in hospitality box along with friends, regardless of whether I’m there or not. Everyone else pays!"

I seriously wonder why the board bother sometimes, all the shit they take from people. Bear in mind the £150k he has just put in to buy a company that is pretty much bust already would buy him a terrace season ticket for 750 years or so, quite apart from all the money shelled out prior to that as shirt sponsor etc etc.
Imagine putting all that money into a falling business. I'll get my violin out.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm
Imagine putting all that money into a falling business. I'll get my violin out.
Comments like this are just another indicator as to why Hopkin might have thought "****** this" and taken his ball home.
Diggerthedog

****** Hopkin the *****.