Ideas for Save the Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Wheyheyhey

What's next for the club after the West Ham game?
What ideas or suggestions does everyone have for raising more funds to keep us going?
Anything else we can auction? Events? Quizzes?
Come on people, put forward ideas and lets unite and save the Daggers.
rebeldagger

Great idea for the thread, showing some unity.

Yet as a fanbase, whom are centred in perhaps the most disadvantaged borough in London, are we likely to raise the money needed? What we need to be doing is to raise awareness of the club, it's plight and the strong community feel that the club has, after all we're all Daggers, and once a Dagger, always a Dagger.

Would a march, of support, be a good idea? might grab attention from local press and even some former players, some may even want to join in. The likes of Robbo and Arber, once stalwarts of our team as well as Uddin and Danny Green. A march like that will show possible potential investors what we're really about and what it means to be a Dagger.
dagger4eva

My idea - and the lateness in timing of this would work as a large number of contracts that need paying run through til June.

So, how about some kind of a benefit match at the ground but this time between two sets of ex and current players.
In and amongst that, you sell a set number of squad places for each team for X amount of money with a guarantee of something like say 15 or 20 minutes playing time with your heroes.

I am absolutely, stone cold certain you'd get the ex players over in a flash. You could have BBQ's running on the terraces, and drinks stalls (alcohol included of course) with all profits obviously towards the fun. Almost turn it into a kind of family fun day. Bouncy Castles and face painting for the kids in the car park. Make it £5 and £2 (kids entrance) and try to get as many people over as possible.

A good friend of mine organised an ex legends match over the ground for their charity almost 2 years back and it was a huge success. No reason whatsoever why this couldn't be....

Our last official game of the season is Sat 28th April (barring a miracle for playoffs)
So if you were to do this the Saturday after or even the Saturday after that, it would give a good 2 months to get everything organised.

----------

Separately, I think another kids for a quid day should be set up for 1 of the last remaining fixtures and have every single school in Barking & Dagenham and neighbouring boroughs made aware of it and asked that they all try to encourage as many pupils as possible to come.

----------

How also about organising a mass bucket collection at one of the next West Ham games. Steve explained at the fans forum that he wasn't keen on this incase we took collections from people and then the club didn't survive. But I say sod that, take a positive approach. Get as much spare change as we can lobbed into buckets by as many people as possible, on the basis that we WILL survive.
West Ham aren't in a particularly good place with the split they too have between fans and owners. I'm sure we would get a lot of support if fans in Dagenham shirts were to rock up at one of their games asking for help to save the daggers.

Anyway, that's my two penneth worth chucked into the ring.
Auntie Merge

Great thread.

A few thoughts...

If the club can get a 2am bar licence it might be worth talking to the Ilford Palais reunion people on Facebook. They had their last event at the Moby Dick and I think 500 people attended. An event like that would put some money into the bars, possibly something on ticket sales.

I have the signed match ball from Daggers 6 Chester 0. It has huge sentimental value to me, not just because of the result, but I have offered it to the club if they want to auction it to raise funds. I've also got a really tatty old football which was signed by the players after the last Leytonstone-Ilford incorporating Walthamstow Avenue game. If that is worth anything (it was one of the training balls), then happy to donate that too.

If the halls aren't fully booked it could be useful if the club publicised what dates the bars are still available for hire, either to the supporters club or local businesses/societies to see if they get any more bookings. Or for the supporters club to take advantage of free evenings and use for a Daggers social event.
Diggerthedog

I posted one of these threads days after the original announcement and it got a handful of replies. I think given the known info we need £200k, buckets and a go fund me page are the only way forward at this short notice. We need £200 from each of our hardcore average of 1000 home fans.

Surprised we have not started an early bird season ticket already.
ThatRoundThing

Digger the Dog

I think the timing of release of Season Tickets is crucial. How many Supporters will hold back on purchase until the future of the club is assured.
Dagger83

Buckets in the away dressing room this weekend to donate a week's wages to the cause...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
BarkingRambo

I don't know if this would work as we lease the ground but outside West Ham's ground they have the paving stones carved with fans names. You could do different sized stones for different prices, include the new and old club badge. Maybe do wall tiles instead so they don't wear out or get gum lodged in them so fast.

I wondered about the idea of Crowdcube style investing in the club. If the club could could find say 10% shares to offer out and invite people to invest for rewards based on the size of investment e.g. 50 quid for money off at bar and club shop, 150 quid gets money off a season ticket, 500 quid gets money off multiple season tickets.
rebeldagger

Some great ideas already, loving the idea of Daggers XI v Dagger Legends , and making that a family fun day, how would we approach the club about this idea?

BarkingRambo, I could be wrong, yet haven't the club already done similar?

As for crowdfunding, you'd at least raise some cash so some one needs to get on that, is there some one that the fans and others could get behind?
BarkingRambo

rebeldagger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:11 pm Some great ideas already, loving the idea of Daggers XI v Dagger Legends , and making that a family fun day, how would we approach the club about this idea?

BarkingRambo, I could be wrong, yet haven't the club already done similar?

As for crowdfunding, you'd at least raise some cash so some one needs to get on that, is there some one that the fans and others could get behind?
RebelDagger there is that cardboard brick wall thing in the Carling Stand, it was there when I first started coming to the club 11 odd years ago and doesn't seem to have been updated since. Time to add some more names or make a new and slightly more modern one somewhere else in the ground.
dagger4eva

Considering the crowdfunding sorted.

I'm setting one up now!
rebeldagger

BarkingRambo wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm
RebelDagger there is that cardboard brick wall thing in the Carling Stand, it was there when I first started coming to the club 11 odd years ago and doesn't seem to have been updated since. Time to add some more names or make a new and slightly more modern one somewhere else in the ground.
That's the one and to be fair I didn't realise it has been around as long as that.

So yes could indeed do with an update!
rebeldagger

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:25 pm Considering the crowdfunding sorted.

I'm setting one up now!
I would say contact the club to get some official backing, yet as it was pointed out in a different thread I don't think Thommo is keen on taking donations from the fans, just in case the club goes under and people loose their money, which I can appreciate yet sure if you're donating to save the club you're going to accept it's gamble and may not pay off.

Failing that get on to @DrMonkatron, (the chap that does the podcast, well one half at least) and have them publicise it on the podcast.
Daggernewbie

There are some good ideas the club should do a single parent/family season ticket,give a discount on renewing your season ticket even if you buy an early bird season ticket basically they need to make season and gate ticket prices more attractive to floating supporters.
BB-Dagger

rebeldagger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:33 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:25 pm Considering the crowdfunding sorted.

I'm setting one up now!
I would say contact the club to get some official backing, yet as it was pointed out in a different thread I don't think Thommo is keen on taking donations from the fans, just in case the club goes under and people loose their money, which I can appreciate yet sure if you're donating to save the club you're going to accept it's gamble and may not pay off.

Failing that get on to @DrMonkatron, (the chap that does the podcast, well one half at least) and have them publicise it on the podcast.
Could always add a proviso that if the worst case scenario happens then all remaining moneys are donated to St Francis Hospice