How Much Money Do the Club Need

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

How much money do the club need to survive before the end of season?
RayleighDagger1986

Unless thw club makes an official statement as to how much more is needed, whatever is going to be quoted in this thread is going to be pure speculation.
Diggerthedog

It’s very important for the club to confirm exactly what is needed, us as fans are willing to do as much as possible to ensure we survive.
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 pm It’s very important for the club to confirm exactly what is needed, us as fans are willing to do as much as possible to ensure we survive.
I'm not sure it matters, does it? We know it's in the hundreds of thousands so whatever we do, unless we have a secret millionaire somewhere, we'll only scratch the surface. Let's just do all we can for as long as we can and hope it's enough.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
daggerfirst

Dagger83 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 pm It’s very important for the club to confirm exactly what is needed, us as fans are willing to do as much as possible to ensure we survive.
I'm not sure it matters, does it? We know it's in the hundreds of thousands so whatever we do, unless we have a secret millionaire somewhere, we'll only scratch the surface. Let's just do all we can for as long as we can and hope it's enough.
It does matter. Talking to mates yesterday we need anything from fifty grand to four fifty grand. Conspiracy rumours as well about why someone would want us to fold.The club should give an amount and then put there support behind the crowdfunding. If there’s another money man out there he would want to no how much he has to put in.
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm
Is was announced as £250k but since then we have had a Fundraiser match and sold a player to a championship side. If you announce a figure a wealthy fan or former player might help make that target smaller.
DaggerAndy

We as a group of supporters are not going to raise enough money on our own to save the club, however much money we need, (I hope I'm wrong), but, the more of us that show willing and make donations, however large or small, will prove to any possible investors that may be out there, we are at least willing to try and save our club, not just sit back and hope someone does it for us.
The least we can do is try!!
DI Mike Dashwood

I think the number is probably constantly evolving, that's why they can't say straight up what the amount is, as it could change at five minutes notice??

Obviously a budget was worked out on expected income and expenses. There was a shortfall. Hopkin was funding the shortfall. Lets say it was £10k a week (I have plucked that from thin air by way for use as an example). Hopkin vanishes (apologies if this word is not legally correct). So the budget that point is short for the season by £10k less how ever many weeks there was till end of season (lets say 25 for sake of example).

So at that point the shortfall was announced at £250k till end of season. Then we manage to ship out some players. So if the fees for these were £30k in total then you can take that off the £250k, and if the wages for them players was £x till end of the season then that can come off. Then the West Ham profit can come off. But in meantime they may be an expenses which has come out of blue which wouldn't have been in budget, or an existing expense which has increased. Therefore the shortfall may have gone up.

As I say, it will be changing constantly, and I don't think it would look good for the club to be advertising a daily shortfall update to the public!!! I am sure whatever is raised by supporters or anyone else will be gratefully received by all involved at the Club.
Diggerthedog

Surely knowing is better than not knowing and might make the difference with some people not getting paid due to the secrecy when all we needed to find was an extra £20-£30k? Not talking about just the players but the much lower earners at the club.
rebeldagger

I'm tending to agree with the DI here on this one, plus the club has always played it's cards very close to their chest.
Diggerthedog

You mean run like North Korea :thumbu: