DAGGERS CROWDFUNDING PAGE

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

It looks like unless club allows publicity on official twitter and Facebook unfortunately does not look like this going to get many more contributions.
triplescarf

I've sent a PM to dagger4eva but no reply yet - I totally agree - we REALLY need the club's blessing or else I think it's going to stagnate as a campaign.
dagger4eva

Apologies for the lack of PM replies or updates to the crowd fund.

At a bit of an odd point at the moment.

In just 3 weeks, the Lowestoft fund achieved 58 donations amounting to £1805 !!

After about a week and a half, our fund has clearly stagnated. £500 from just 18 people is a great return, but it's sat at that figure for a few days now.

This or even 2, 3, 4 times the amount clearly isn't going to be enough to keep a club with our wage budget of circa £100k a month from falling on it's arse.

The club have apparently discussed this at length, and subsequently told me that at this stage they don't feel it's appropriate to give it their public backing and therefore aren't willing to promote the page via it's various social media platforms.

So I'm not quite sure where to go with it at the moment. Tempted to wait a couple of weeks or so and see if the desperation stakes are raised publically by the club. If they are, then the fund is going to need to be pushed. If people working at the club can resolve the situation and/or we get a new investor then clearly, the fund will be closed and everyone will need to be refunded.

And there we are ... any thoughts and/or suggestions obviously welcomed.
Richie

dagger4eva wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 pm Apologies for the lack of PM replies or updates to the crowd fund.

At a bit of an odd point at the moment.

In just 3 weeks, the Lowestoft fund achieved 58 donations amounting to £1805 !!

After about a week and a half, our fund has clearly stagnated. £500 from just 18 people is a great return, but it's sat at that figure for a few days now.

This or even 2, 3, 4 times the amount clearly isn't going to be enough to keep a club with our wage budget of circa £100k a month from falling on it's arse.

The club have apparently discussed this at length, and subsequently told me that at this stage they don't feel it's appropriate to give it their public backing and therefore aren't willing to promote the page via it's various social media platforms.

So I'm not quite sure where to go with it at the moment. Tempted to wait a couple of weeks or so and see if the desperation stakes are raised publically by the club. If they are, then the fund is going to need to be pushed. If people working at the club can resolve the situation and/or we get a new investor then clearly, the fund will be closed and everyone will need to be refunded.

And there we are ... any thoughts and/or suggestions obviously welcomed.
I was having this chat at the game yesterday. Quite a few of us were saying that we will definitely donate if the club "need" it.

If we as a fan-base know that we need to raise £20k in a month or whatever, then it'd prompt me to donate. Seems like there's no urgency from the club currently (I'm sure there is behind the scenes).

On another note, why don't the club put season tickets on sale for next year? Getting 100 people to buy their £200 season ticket early would help surely. Our need is greater now than it will be in July I hope.
dagger4eva

I think there is a reluctance from the club to start season ticket sales until the club's safety is assured.

I agree there doesn't seem to be a particular urgency being portrayed publically which clearly hasn't helped the crowdfund cause. Will have to just watch this space I guess!
triplescarf

I'll be honest, I'm yet to donate for the reasons I've previously mentioned - without the club endorsing it, or having a clear end-use for the funds it's a tough sell. Having said that, I'll work on a header image regardless when I have a mo.
triplescarf

I've got a signed shirt from a couple of seasons ago, if I can get up to the loft in the next few days and dig it out, I'll offer it to the club to auction if you all think there'd be much interest? Only a drop in the ocean, I know, but may be worth a go.
DagenHammer87

Why don't the club raffle off a couple of season tickets?

£100 a ticket?

Would be attractive as people could win a full season ticket for a ton. Might also attract non-season ticket holders if they know they can come along for a season of cheap football?

Advertise it absolutely everywhere and use all them people on the club's email database.

Could generate some decent funds if it's done properly.
Alan

How many people would pay £100 for a raffle ticket for an item that (based on last year’s prices) costs £199?

If we are going to sell season tickets, all those purchased by a certain date could be entered into a draw to get the price paid refunded.
bloke down the pub

DagenHammer87 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:23 am Why don't the club raffle off a couple of season tickets?

£100 a ticket?

Would be attractive as people could win a full season ticket for a ton. Might also attract non-season ticket holders if they know they can come along for a season of cheap football?

Advertise it absolutely everywhere and use all them people on the club's email database.

Could generate some decent funds if it's done properly.
Wined up
Diggerthedog

We opening this back up again?
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 am We opening this back up again?
The club have asked for donations so I assume it will be, either that or donations can be made to the club direct.
Dagger42

For this to go any further it is going to need some sort of official confirmation from club they will except funds.
NickMurphy

Raised just over £1000 at the quiz last night. Good turnout and top hosts.
Mark

3 quizzes a week, job done.