The Silence

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

How was your free hospitality meal against Maidstone Mike? Reward for your brown nosing?
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm How was your free hospitality meal against Maidstone Mike? Reward for your brown nosing?
Very nice thanks. Doing it again Saturday week.
Daggernewbie

NickMurphy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm
NickMurphy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 pm

It’s clearly not a case of the club ‘not being bothered’. Don’t make such spurious and stupid statements because people believe you and that’s how factions develop.
Who`s making spurious and stupid statements it`s my opinion and I`m sure that people can make their own minds up and don`t need me to guide them.

So tell me and everyone else what is our board doing then NickMurphy to save our club apart from saying they are talking to investors I want and I`m sure others supporters want to see action not words they have done nothing since the West Ham match,there have been loads of ideas suggested to them to raise funds but they have taken none on board.
No idea what they're doing. Which is why I'm not making silly statements that equate to "the people inside the club can't be bothered to keep it alive".

I'm paraphrasing what you said, but that's essentially what you're saying and I'd put fair money on it being patently untrue.
If I remember rightly I can have an opinion and post it or is that not allowed now.
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:45 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 pm I have Probably put in about £50k over the years and I don't get free, booze, meal, admission, travel to away games and a huge salary on top.
Care to itemise your £50k??
If Thommo wants it he can ask me directly.
Dear God you’re a silly billy.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm How was your free hospitality meal against Maidstone Mike? Reward for your brown nosing?
Two free meals. To be fair was a lot of work and time you put in for him. Accrington chairman was told you can’t provide free food, nice little email to the Tax man concerning our MD. Perfect.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:01 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Care to itemise your £50k??
If Thommo wants it he can ask me directly.
Dear God you’re a silly billy.
Let’s hope you get an email from admin for this discusting name calling.
rebeldagger

Is every thread on here going to end in a row?
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm
Two free meals. To be fair was a lot of work and time you put in for him. Accrington chairman was told you can’t provide free food, nice little email to the Tax man concerning our MD. Perfect.
Massive leap of logic there. Me and several mates are paying close to £250 for our "free meal" at the Maidenhead game. Obviously nowhere close to the £50k you have contributed, but every little helps.

I was asked, along with several others, including one of the supporters club committee (ex members??? difficult to tell as their website is so out of date and so many have resigned) as a guest of the Match sponsor, Molsen Coors, possibly because I can be relied on not to swear and call people names unlike certain others.
Diggerthedog

Save yourself some money carvery is better and cheaper in the Pipe Major. We might have two tables at Macclesfields hospitality hope they like our t- shirts and put us on a well situated table.
lupins

At the Forum it couldn't have been made explicit that the email and flags but mainly the email caused the problem

It couldn't have been made more explicit that this needed to be resolved to attract investors

The real deafening silence has been from those who could have identified those responsible or for those people themselves to come forward

T shirts at Macclesfield, is that a joke or another example of the cutting edge self harm some of our supporters are becoming famous for
mickeyblue

Let's just say I did the alleged fake email and I own up to our board. I get banned and it solves nothing.
We still be skint as our board overspent.
The less said about that night with the forum the better. I really wish I never went as now I cannot bring myself to attend the daggers and I own season ticket.

For me the fans and the board are miles apart from each other bar a selective few Which is making this situation far worse than it should be.
We need to stand together but won't as practically nobody has any time for each other.
I'd be shocked if we still have a club next season.
Fed up with being fed up with it all.
but we finished 9th!
DagenhamDan

It's becoming laughable that the stubbornness and stupidity of a few fans and the board are killing this club. No one will want to invest in our little club when we have both parties currently acting like 4 year olds passing the blame for why it's all gone wrong. Why are the loudest voices always the dumbest?
Fearless

I agree with you DagenhamDan. We should all pull together
Blackie645

Some supporters on here says let’s all pull together, really, it really only works one way wasn’t it Tommo who said ‘it’s his club’ so pull together for what, so things carry on as they are?
If someone does take over it needs a good clear out of the board, and the jobs for the boys.
We have brilliant supporters at this club who love the club, do anything for this club, who don’t want to pull together because they feel nothing changes,no new ideas, pulling together means Tommo is still in charge, and that’s gentlemen is totally unacceptable to the vast majority of D & R supporters, no matter what Tommo has done before for the club.
Adrian

Blackie645 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:09 pm Some supporters on here says let’s all pull together, really, it really only works one way wasn’t it Tommo who said ‘it’s his club’ so pull together for what, so things carry on as they are?
If someone does take over it needs a good clear out of the board, and the jobs for the boys.
We have brilliant supporters at this club who love the club, do anything for this club, who don’t want to pull together because they feel nothing changes,no new ideas, pulling together means Tommo is still in charge, and that’s gentlemen is totally unacceptable to the vast majority of D & R supporters, no matter what Tommo has done before for the club.
The vast majority don't know who Thomson is or care.
He's unacceptable to a vocal minority.