The Silence

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blackie645

Majority
DagenhamDan

I've supported Dagenham going on 17 years and I only knew who he was from FM games until this season, where I've heard a few people say what they think. I'm pretty sure he said he'd leave if someone came in and that's what fans want. Thommo just seems like another excuse for animosity when all I learnt as a dagger growing up was a small united family. . . It's kind of heart breaking.
Diggerthedog

All the fans have wanted to move on but when you get the two majority shareholders leaking emails etc so one of their pals can post it on here or on social media you start to understand the resentment.

People say they don’t care who Thompson is,, he is the whole reason we are in this position. First he failed to deal with Burnett which left us in a hole on the pitch. He then saw the takeover of two investments and failed to obtain Guarantees for the promised monies. Two massive failures and he still gets a very healthy Salary.

This club will never move forward whilst he is in sole obsessive charge. He was quick to take the plaudits even an MBE but has categorically failed to accept responsibility for this whole mess and has instead blamed the fans.

It is run by dinosaurs for dinosaurs and I include the manager in that. It’s the my way or the highway attitude that leads us to where we are.
hockley dagger

I was under the impression that Mr Tamplin's bid was rejected by the members, who failed to vote in favour of it by a sufficient majority? That followed revelations of certain court cases and a campaign against him by certain supporters. So a little difficult to lay that solely at the door of Mr Thompson? I've had no particular dealings with the man, apart from issues with tickets a few years back which he sorted out very quickly. I have witnessed some fairly heated exchanges between him and others, when I assume all parties had been drinking, apart from at the Maidenhead game where I witnessed a furious row involving him, Mr Bennet and another individual who I didn't know but was subsequently told was an owner of one the flags.
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am All the fans have wanted to move on but when you get the two majority shareholders leaking emails etc so one of their pals can post it on here or on social media you start to understand the resentment.
I'm sure there's some irony there somewhere.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am All the fans have wanted to move on but when you get the two majority shareholders leaking emails etc so one of their pals can post it on here or on social media you start to understand the resentment.

People say they don’t care who Thompson is,, he is the whole reason we are in this position. First he failed to deal with Burnett which left us in a hole on the pitch. He then saw the takeover of two investments and failed to obtain Guarantees for the promised monies. Two massive failures and he still gets a very healthy Salary.

This club will never move forward whilst he is in sole obsessive charge. He was quick to take the plaudits even an MBE but has categorically failed to accept responsibility for this whole mess and has instead blamed the fans.

It is run by dinosaurs for dinosaurs and I include the manager in that. It’s the my way or the highway attitude that leads us to where we are.
Partly right. Your second paragraph is reasonably accurate and if we get through this those issues need addressing, although the salary is a particular bugbear of yours I don't understand. Find someone else willing to work 16 hour days and take the bullshit Thommo does running a company with the turnover of D&RFC for what he gets. Oh and he's paid his own money in to have a share in a company that is worthless to keep it going.

Still thanks for your £50k over the years, its been a massive help! Got any more?

The first paragraph, "all the fans want to move on" - yeah right, you and a number of others have demonstrated that so graphically in this post and many more. The Supporters Club have been particularly unhelpfui too as demonstrated by said emails.

I have some sympathy with the third paragraph too, however he is the only full time employee on the football admin side of the club, thererfore has to make most of the day to day decisions.

I suggest if you seriously want to change the club, come up with some money and buy it. Then we can all scream abuse at you at away games, see how you enjoy it.
Blackie645

Another Tommo apologist
Mike the Dagger

Blackie645 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am Another Tommo apologist
Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am All the fans have wanted to move on
Richie

Maybe I'm naive but I'm presuming that the silence is a good thing.

If we had no investors in positive discussions, then I think the club would be making more appeals for fans to do more. Would have backed the crowdfunding page etc. Ultimately none of us know, so until we do, there's no point slagging anyone off.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:55 am

Partly right. Your second paragraph is reasonably accurate and if we get through this those issues need addressing, although the salary is a particular bugbear of yours I don't understand. Find someone else willing to work 16 hour days and take the bullshit Thommo does running a company with the turnover of D&RFC for what he gets. Oh and he's paid his own money in to have a share in a company that is worthless to keep it going.

Still thanks for your £50k over the years, its been a massive help! Got any more?

The first paragraph, "all the fans want to move on" - yeah right, you and a number of others have demonstrated that so graphically in this post and many more. The Supporters Club have been particularly unhelpfui too as demonstrated by said emails.

I have some sympathy with the third paragraph too, however he is the only full time employee on the football admin side of the club, thererfore has to make most of the day to day decisions.

I suggest if you seriously want to change the club, come up with some money and buy it. Then we can all scream abuse at you at away games, see how you enjoy it.
Of course his salary is a bugbear, he gets paid regardless of if he is performing well in his role or not, has no one to report into so carries on blindly running the club into the ground. The club is clearly failing in aspects and has been doing so for years he should be held accountable.

I and many others tried to move on but the Banning of long standing fan for no VALID reason and the emails leaked to you have done nothing to suggest other then the club is run by a couple of plonkers. If you poke a tiger expect a bite.

Away GAME.
Alan

Thommo answers to the board and the shareholders.

He might not be everyone’s cup of tea, and I’ve had disagreements with him and I don’t agree with all he has done, but he stuck 50k in when it was clear he’d never see it again. Who amongst us has stuck in their money, not just bought a pint or a ticket, since this happened? Not many. Not me.

I’ve said before, I can’t believe how we got into this situation: twice in a year or so relying on promises of funding that haven’t been honoured and can’t be enforced. But that’s the whole board’s responsibility, not just Thommo or Bennett. They all allowed it to happen.

The silence is worrying. But we should all ask ourselves what we’ve done. Most of us, me included, would have to say not a lot. I got a couple of people to come to a game. I’ve paid to have hospitality at next home game. I’ve switched from buying Golden Goal to 50-50. That’s about it.

Crowd funding is well intentioned, but unlikely to plug the sort of deficit we are reported to face - we can’t even get a decent crowd, let alone have one fund us.

I’m not that hopeful. If the worst happens, how on earth are we all going to pull together and find a Phoenix club?
Diggerthedog

Good post Alan. Complete transparity is required.
lupins

Good post Alan though it's pretty clear how the second funding issue came about due to the majority shareholder entering into commitments and then reneging on that. Let's not forget this was a man with very longstanding connections to the Club and his withdrawal could not have reasonably been foreseen. Indeed as was stated at the Forum he had the power anyway to make those decisions.
I am hoping that comparative silence only means there are delicate things going on. I have heard that to be the case.
As for transparency doesn't that mean all stakeholders need to be open for the common good so I look forward to someone from the supporters doing the right thing
ARNU

You can't pin Glynn Hopkins bailing out on Thommo. We was all rather chuffed when he came along so apart from standing his ground with those that disagree with him I can't see why this vendetta with him carries on.

His haters hated him last season when we had shit loads of dosh. And until now he kept us afloat. He ain't the reason we're in the shit, he may be one of them but by no means exclusively.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

lupins wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:51 pm Good post Alan though it's pretty clear how the second funding issue came about due to the majority shareholder entering into commitments and then reneging on that. Let's not forget this was a man with very longstanding connections to the Club and his withdrawal could not have reasonably been foreseen. Indeed as was stated at the Forum he had the power anyway to make those decisions.
Cheers. But I don’t agree with the board’s spin on the sequence of events: the deals and financial commitments were entered into before the takeover and so at that time he did not have the power to take decisions. Sure he had a long association with the club, which I’d have thought made it all the more easier to say “look, we got burned here and have a responsibility to put this all in writing, to avoid any criticism and we know you’re a reasonable bloke and won’t mind”. You only get to play th benefit of hindsight card the first time it happens to you.