Rant from a dagger.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwelldagger

Dear all

I have been supporting the Daggers for the last 22 years and have not posted on this forum, however I am forced to as I see the club I love go bankrupt.

facts: We will not be raising enough money to keep this club alive without an investor. Crowd funding or bbq's this will simply not raise enough funding. This leads me to ask the question how we have got into this situation, I own a business and would know if my company was running out of money months possibly years before therefore why have the board let this get this far?

Fans: positivity, sticking together, and crowdfunding will not save our club only an investor with a large amount of cash will. lets all face the facts. After such poor poor performances this season why do MOST fans continue to clap players after the game? I stand in disbelief some games watching fans clap and applaud some of most awful performances. I feel if we actually made a stand and stood strong against a club that doesn't care about us and a board that call some of us " cancer" change may actually come.

John still: John has done amazing things for the club in his last term however its time for him to leave us. Poor team choices, same old John still tactics and bad second half performances. how do you motivate players who may be out of a job next month....? Yes a tough job however thats not our problem, its johns and it simply isn't being done.

Yes, the above is not POSITIVE as there are no POSITIVES about the financial situation of the club.
Blackie645

Here Here
lupins

Apart from personally disagreeing with much of the first part of the post I can't really understand the comments on motivation
The players have known the situation since November and have seen a number of teammates leave and still have put in performances full of effort if you are not seeing that then I am surprised. That suggests a Manager able to motivate to me
NBDag

Change the title to “Rant from a moron” please.
Chigwellian

:grin:
ARNU

Someone will buy this club cheap in the summer. Dosent make any sense to buy it for a high price. No disrespect but a bucket collection and raffles etc won't be enough anyway. I reckon the deals already done. Hence the club keeping its gob shut. I am a businessman and this is how these things happen. If I bought it I'd want total control so I'd imagine any current shareholders money goes up the pictures when the club go bankrupt. I then start Arnu Daggers united and we win the league next year. Players have put on a brilliant show since the news broke. They aren't playing like players with no future are they?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

No one will be buying the club for cheap that is 100% certain.
ARNU

Sounds like you know summing DTD .
stanton101

Bill Gates it is then. :yay:
HGDagger

ARNU wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm Someone will buy this club cheap in the summer. Dosent make any sense to buy it for a high price. No disrespect but a bucket collection and raffles etc won't be enough anyway. I reckon the deals already done. Hence the club keeping its gob shut. I am a businessman and this is how these things happen. If I bought it I'd want total control so I'd imagine any current shareholders money goes up the pictures when the club go bankrupt. I then start Arnu Daggers united and we win the league next year. Players have put on a brilliant show since the news broke. They aren't playing like players with no future are they?
They could well be playing for contracts elsewhere, especially after seeing Bloomfield being snapped up by Norwich
bloke down the pub

Where will you be if John takes his money out? The problem is not with the playing staff. Bad Management.
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:58 pm No one will be buying the club for cheap that is 100% certain.
Why? What has the club got that the current owners can demand money for?

Any investor knows they have only to hang on a few weeks and the club will be forced onto some form of insolvency proceedings. Arnu could well be right and a pre-pack administration could be in hand.
ARNU

Well unless DTD does know different (the figure of 100% suggests he knows something),I cant see why my prediction is so fatally flawed.If I rock up with a couple of million day after the club goes south why wouldn't the administrators/liquidators except an offer ?(I doubt in that case you'd need that much).My knowledge of admin/liquidation is a bit ropey so there may be some reason I/someone else couldn't.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:58 pm No one will be buying the club for cheap that is 100% certain.
Why? What has the club got that the current owners can demand money for?

Any investor knows they have only to hang on a few weeks and the club will be forced onto some form of insolvency proceedings. Arnu could well be right and a pre-pack administration could be in hand.
Could not possibly say anymore. Perhaps it will come out if the silence is broken.
triplescarf

Can't help thinking that was a troll post, since the OP has not responded, just trying to stir us all up, I think.