Is Saturday our last home game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

This Saturday could be the saddest day for all us Daggers it could be our last home game ,hoping I`m wrong on this and we hear some great news before or after Saturday.

So what ever happens all I can say is " lets all pull together and cheer our hearts out for the team and make Saturday a day to remember for the team and us " .
dagger4eva

Very much agree with this.

I hope it’s a great day, a great atmosphere, a great do in the bar afterwards.

I’m just disappointed that we are just 5 days from POTENTIALLY attending the club’s last ever home game, and not even the slightest indication of where the club is at is being given to the supporters.

Lets hope for some news of any description (preferably positive) is released soon.
BB-Dagger

It won’t be the last home game, why start this bollocks
dagger4eva

Thanks to BBDagger for categorically putting that 1 to bed then...

U stumping up May & June's wages then??? Or maybe youve nicked a branch from Theresa May's money tree... ?
Diggerthedog

BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm It won’t be the last home game, why start this bollocks
Prove that it wont be.
BB-Dagger

I can’t prove it won’t be the same as anyone else can’t prove it will, but there will be football at Victoria Road next season or I will partake in the culinary delight of hat eating.
dagger4eva

BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm I can’t prove it won’t be the same as anyone else can’t prove it will, but there will be football at Victoria Road next season or I will partake in the culinary delight of hat eating.
No-one is trying to "prove" it will be the last game, but since at this stage you or anyone cant or is unwilling prove to the contrary, I believe justifies the original post in asking what is a valid question.
Richie

dagger4eva wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm Thanks to BBDagger for categorically putting that 1 to bed then...

U stumping up May & June's wages then??? Or maybe youve nicked a branch from Theresa May's money tree... ?
Whilst I don't disagree with you, I'm pretty sure that players don't get paid for June & July. They get 12 months worth of salary in those 10 months.

I'm 99% sure that's what a Club Director told a few of us at the forum.
dagger4eva

You're right .. but they do get paid for May and June.

I believe 10 months salary for the '1 year' contract is just an option available to players.
Whether thats something our players were offered and/or some / all took up, who knows...
The Romford Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm It won’t be the last home game, why start this bollocks
Just keep that head buried in the sand eh?
RayleighDagger1986

Itll be interesting to hear this.
Potentially our last ever home game. Must be on the cards!!
rebeldagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:16 pm Itll be interesting to hear this.
Potentially our last ever home game. Must be on the cards!!
Part of me thinks they've said that to generate listeners, however yes shall be worth a listen indeed.
stanton101

Well according to the official site, you can have a good old jolly up after the match on Saturday!
I'm a little bit sick of it all now tbh. Talking to a few people last night at Bromley and everyone's in the same boat.
No one knows what's going on, the silence is deafening.
I don't expect a 200 page dossier to be handed out explaining the ins and outs of a cats arse, but ffs let us know something.
Personally I think it's a disgraceful way to treat the very fans they expect to spend money at the bars on Saturday.
It wouldn't surprise me if after the player presentations are complete on Saturday, Stilly says thanks everyone for coming, here's the keys!!
Ludicrous.
dagger4eva

Despite BBDaggers' "bollocks" claims - our MD seems to have other views....

"We are at home to Maidenhead on Saturday and that potentially could be our last ever home game".

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 17271.html

More fantastic promotion here for the man who has made it all possible - cheers Glyn !! :thumbu: