Is Saturday our last home game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

It wasn't really tongue in cheek. Season ticket holders are committed fans, so it would be a way of them contributing a bit extra to the cause.

Maybe make it an option to waive the early bird discount for those that care enough.

You should try watching proper non-league football, it can actually be a lot of fun.
dagger4eva

Arnu, we all 'get' dont give two ****** about the club - u repeatedly make that clear ... so off u toddle
ARNU

Now that's interesting.
You attack me for mentioning a reality. There is no prize for being the biggest fan. I wouldn't win it if there was but I think you're being s bit unfair saying I don't care. So far over the last 9-10 years I've had a good time and got good value for every penny I've spent, I've froze my nads off up at Chester and other places many a time too. It dosent matter to you if I or others call it a day, I get that. I'm intrigued to know how many people really actually do care as opposed to pretending to. Hands up who's donated even a £100 ? A proper donation, not shirts and season tickets and buying beer.
Yeah none of ya / us !!
( I'm sure at most 1 or 2 out of 11-1300.)
I hope we get an investor, not part timers with little hope of achieving anything. Let's see if 1200 turn up for that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

To be fair, I don't think anyone has been asked to actually donate officially as yet.

I am sure if it reaches the point where a few grand will make the difference then we will be. While what is needed is in six figures though, what is the point really?

Meanwhile, keep turning up, buying beer, bringing as many as possible etc.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am It wasn't really tongue in cheek. Season ticket holders are committed fans, so it would be a way of them contributing a bit extra to the cause.

Maybe make it an option to waive the early bird discount for those that care enough.

You should try watching proper non-league football, it can actually be a lot of fun.
So your pals mess up and its down to us to bail them out? Clowns.
Blackie645

I donated a number of years ago, my name is on the board on the carling stand by the entrance, cant remember how much but it was a fair bit, at the time.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am It wasn't really tongue in cheek. Season ticket holders are committed fans, so it would be a way of them contributing a bit extra to the cause.

It's about saving the club first though surely?
Mike the Dagger

Blackie645 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:12 pm I donated a number of years ago, my name is on the board on the carling stand by the entrance, cant remember how much but it was a fair bit, at the time.
That was over 15 years ago, the buy a brick sceme for the Carling.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:24 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm

It's about saving the club first though surely?
Of course, once it happens I look forward to all of the resignations.
ARNU

I'm not having a go at anyone,I'm just stating a reality. Everybody will have a point where they may feel it's not worth it.

Surprisingly I don't mind the conference, I thought it would be terrible to be honest. I can't see how going even lower with part time players will ever do anything other than reduce attendances further and keep a few hundred nostalgic fans happy. It isn't progress is it?
Mark

True but if we can halve the wage bill whilst reducing crowds by say 15% we've probably made the club viable again.

People will inevitably drop off until we are successful again. Part time teams can do ok in this league because the standard isn't very good. I don't think it would be the end of the world.
ARNU

Mark wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 pm True but if we can halve the wage bill whilst reducing crowds by say 15% we've probably made the club viable again.

People will inevitably drop off until we are successful again. Part time teams can do ok in this league because the standard isn't very good. I don't think it would be the end of the world.
Yes and despite my negativity I'm sure I'll be there really. I'm not giving up on an investor though.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Mark wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 pm True but if we can halve the wage bill whilst reducing crowds by say 15% we've probably made the club viable again.

Yes and despite my negativity I'm sure I'll be there really. I'm not giving up on an investor though.
I would if I were you,
Oxhead

Everything you say is negative, why don’t you clear off and support Barking
Chigwellian

I would donate a 4 figure sum on condition the clowns on the board would resign.... simples!