That Tamplin Bloke

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Despite the drama and circus act he's won the league. He's also ploughed his money in and did what he said. Given that every club have difficult and trying periods, get relegated, change managers and their owners bugger off with hindsight would he have been that bad ? To all the critics of the man ( yes me as well) I thinkyou have to give him a bit of credit. Just bleating about him and hoping he falls on his arse is all his haters can cling onto.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

You've repeatedly taken a pop at anyone who's dare to mention his name on here and yet have decided to start your very own thread about him.

I know it's a quiet period on here but a nice try nonetheless.
Attachments
gone.jpg
ARNU

Not me !

I think he's got personality issues and is very brash and all that but like Donald Trump he's done what he said he'd do. A rare and unlikely thing these days. I don't have to like him but I'm thinking this bloke so far is doing what he said he'd do.
Diggerthedog

Just about won it, With that budget he could have won league two, they only just scraped promotion on a £30,000 per week budget. The Cowley brothers won the conference on a £600k budget. Lets see how he does next season when they do not win every week and crowds fall.
ARNU

Not saying it wont go tits up or that hes not a giant Bell,just that all clubs have these phases and so far love or hate him hes produced the goods.
Mark

I mean what else did anyone expect. Of course they won the league.

I didn't support a non league club to watch a rich man's toy, I did it because it was real football. He makes a mockery of the game. It isn't a contest, it is absolutely pointless and hollow. He can get them to the prem if he likes and I'd still never wish it was us.
ARNU

That's an understandable and not too unusual view Mark. And I'm certainly not asking or suggesting you change it . Were you the same with Glynn moneybags Hopkins ? I'm sure thatve disgusted you on some level too if that's your view on moneybags owners coming in.
Mark

I was of the view that we shouldve stayed a members club and cut our cloth. I believe I made that point many times on here when the Tamplin bid was discussed.

Once it became apparent we were going for it, I think Hopkin was the better option based on historical performance. Having said that, I think we should have stretched to 3-4 "extra" players on his dollar that could have been offloaded had the worst happened. Instead we seem to have left ourselves beholden to a single person.

I can accept a small speculation from a benefactor but a whole bankrolled squad is not what it's about for me.
Phippo

ARNU wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm Not saying it wont go tits up or that hes not a giant Bell,just that all clubs have these phases and so far love or hate him hes produced the goods.
According to GT, he is taking BIllericay into the EFL! He has also said that he will be cutting the wage bill from £30.000 to a third of that amount next season! Surely players who have gained promotion would expect a pay rise, not a cut in wages? How on earth is GTs plan going to work?
ARNU

It is funny. We want success but we don't want to pay for it , and demonstrably clubs that don't pay for it don't usually get success. We are a hard customer to please. We couldn't afford much in the way of managers and when we promoted Burnett from within not everyone was happy even though he kept us up and had better finishes than expected. But he was shite and we didn't give him any money but spunked money on still to come back which we were largely alright with while he's winning.

You can see what I'm getting at here can't you?

Who'd want to own this club ?
Diggerthedog

Macclesfield and Accrington seem to have done ok with very little.
ARNU

And good for them. They are like we were when we went up and without investment they'll be back down . No doubt their best players this season will get offers and cos they got no money they'll sell and probably won't replace.

Viscous circle. How much money have the nevilles and their consortium shoved into Salford ?