Tonights meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

ayrisdagger wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am So what players have remained and departed, if announced last night?
Well it was confirmed 14 first team players have contracts till 30th June 2019, which the club has to honour. They will be looking to offload as many as possible if any other clubs make bids etc. Im guessing the whole squad is transfer listed! For thos whise contracts are up at end of June, bye bye....
It is the remaining players that are taking a huge slice of our budget. Thommo confurmed last night thay redundancies have started this week around the club and guessing its non playing staff.
We just need to survive 12 long months before the club can restructure its playing staff contracts. Part-time from 2019 is the obvious road to take.
But heres a dilemma for me. The board are seeking donations on "TOP" of an increase in season tickey prices. To me the increase itself is the donation , which is not voluntary. Do I offer a further donation, say £50 or £100 or opt to become a full member instead.
The thing is........if we dont raise that extra capital could the board take the decision at some point during the season to liquidate the club? Tga8ts a big fat chance!
Curious though on here. Not read messages about wanting to donate towards the £150k figure. Are many of you not considering it?
daggerChris

Think the Thommo hating has to stop.
Is the guy perfect, far from it.
Has he made mistakes, yes.
Is he doing his upmost to keep the club going, it seems that way

Any mention last night of out of contract players? Have they all been released?

Good to know there are sell on clauses on the likes of Ferrier and Whitely.

Surely some clubs must be looking at Fey, would be very surprised if the club do not receive a decent bid for him.
Chigwellian

I forgot take a 'full members' application form... can someone attach a copy
RayleighDagger1986

Is Fey put of contract?
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 am Is Fey put of contract?
No
honkytonk

I guess we are actively looking for investment etc. Was there any talk of this ( thought we had 3 parties interested)??
Dagger42

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 am
Dagger42 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:40 am What will the season ticket prices be and when will they go on sale?
On sale now. All prices have gone up except kids.
where have you seen on sale cant find anything on official site?
Mike the Dagger

honkytonk wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am I guess we are actively looking for investment etc. Was there any talk of this ( thought we had 3 parties interested)??
Still talking to people, and actively seeking investment, but nothing agreed or close yet. Basically we are planning for no investment and hoping we get some.

Buy a lottery ticket!
Mike the Dagger

Dagger42 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 am
Dagger42 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:40 am What will the season ticket prices be and when will they go on sale?
On sale now. All prices have gone up except kids.
where have you seen on sale cant find anything on official site?
Paper forms were available last night, and will be up on the official site today.
RampantDuke

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:17 am Strikes me some people went along hoping or awaited news hoping to hear two people had gone, rather than being concerned about the way forward??

I am not sure why people are totally fed up with this?? People wanted a club for next season?? We have one. People hoped it might be in the Conference?? We are. People hoped the side would be competitive?? By staying full time and keeping a number of players, we should be. People hoped there was no announcement of huge debts or financial commitments?? There wasn't.

So all that, yet people are not happy, and it is clear that is because people don't like Thommo and/or DtP. Not liking them is one thing, and I can see why some people don't, but to make out the situation after last night is a disaster compared to what we have expected over the last few months is a bit short sighted in my view.

There is a club, it is in the Conference, it is without large debt and it has the basis of a decent squad. Surely surely surely, now is the time to get behind the players and one another and try to look forward.

Thommo, if you do read this (and lots of people suspect you do), if you haven't already, then lift the ban on Steveoooo and chums and lets stop the talk of flags, emails and what have you and look forward to August.
For crying out loud Dashers. Stop talking so much sense. You'll be banned from this forum before long. ;-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagger42

Are the match day tickets prices going up ?
Diggerthedog

We have a club still but nothing left in it.

They banged on all night about it being your club (aimed at the supporters) and if they get the £150k worth of donations will then give the full members another 5%, what about the other 7% hand it over too, why keep it if you never paid for it? The way they handled the guy who dare ask a questions about percentages by shoving a full members form under his nose was nothing short of a joke.

They gambled the last three months away with hope of investment, the decision made last night should have been made three months ago, we could have had the £150k as well as the season ticket money and be in much better position already.
DI Mike Dashwood

"We have a club still but nothing left in it"

DtD, I am a bit confused by what you mean by this if I am honest?? What is a club?? You could argue it is two things. You could argue it is people and supporters and the intangible things that go with that. If people believe that is the case then that is still there, and that can remain there if people want it to, and people make it happen?? Only people can choose to buy a ST, only people can create an atmosphere at games, only people can have a drink and a laugh in the bars before the game, only people can travel to away games and meet up and chat with other supporters and have a good day out. I see no reason why after last night you and other supporters cannot still do these things??

Or you could argue that it is tangible things and assets, such as a stadium, players, staff, a league to play in etc. If that's what people think it is, then why has that changed after last night. We are still in the same ground as a year ago, we are still in the same league as a year ago, we still have some of the same players as a year ago (for now)............

So I could be missing something, and everyone clearly has their own views on all this, but I am not sure what is meant by the "nothing left in it bit".
Diggerthedog

This clubs is not what it was 5 years ago, the whole life has been sucked out of it. Currently we have no manager and soon enough no players.

I'll be getting a season ticket for me and the boy regardless.