Any news ??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

NBDag wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 pm
BarkingRambo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:25 pm If Still leaving had been announced in the private part of the forum then someone could have bet loads on him to leave tomorrow, the budget gap could have been filled and the bookies would never be able to find out that we knew it was going to happen.
Apart from bookies probably don’t have an open market on it. So when you go in, ask for them to create odds for you, and then say you want to whack a few grand on it, I’d imagine that they might think something smells a bit fishy.
Your probably right but it was a nice thought while it lasted.

Hard to tell what to make from tonight. Things are shit but we ain’t dead yet is all I got out of it.

Sad to see Still has gone. Thought he was one of only guys who could keep us going with a bare bones squad but let’s get behind whoever is next if it’s Currie or not and see what happens.
IanC

Don’t think Barnet fans will be happy with stilly going back!
Diggerthedog

Billericay or Barnet for Mr Jumps ship I want £100k a year or I’m off.

I wish John well but for Mr Dagenham to jump ship shows exactly what modern day football is all about. How’s about take a pay cut and see it out?

Funny how the board now want the begging Bowls passed around but pushed away all help when offered a few months away.

Like D4E says it’s such a shambles but at least the two clowns at the top have the extra 15% at no cost to them donated by HopCnut.

Looking at certain relegation next season, see how many season tickets you sell and how many cruises you can go on Thompson you absolute clown.

Hear Zippo needs a few employees.
RampantDuke

Bit harsh to dig out John Still here. I wasn't there tonight so I could be very wrong but I imagine the conversation was - we can't afford you any more so you'll need to take a pay cut or resign. Still took option 2. Option 3 would have been Still insisting on getting fully paid out on his contract by not budging and taking the club down with him. At least he did the honourable thing and resigned, which I understand would mean that he is owed nothing. I wish him all the best but I really hope he doesn't end up at Billericay.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

Nothing honourable about it, he has jumped ship when the going got tough and not for the first time.He said himself he can’t end his managerial career like this, I agree with that statement by way of the £1.3m budget he had this season and completely ballsed it up. Left back anyone?

Someone said on Twitter of course he has done very well for us over the years but we have also gave him a very comfortable lifestyle. Let’s see how he feels when we are bottom feeders next year whilst he is up the top if the rumours are true about Barnet.

It’s my last job he said on his return ............until you can’t afford me.
Oxhead

Usual negative crap
DI Mike Dashwood

Lets be honest, Still has been rolling out the same clichés for years. He is absolutely the Harry Redknapp of the lower leagues.

"always loved this club" "will be my last job in football" blah blah blah blah same old same old.

The bloke is a great manager, done great things for this club, helped all of us have some of the best days out of our lives. Also a Gentleman and clearly a nice bloke. Wouldn't argue with any of that at all. BUT, anyone who believes all his clichés and nonsense has been living on another planet for the past 20 years.

He has clearly been on a massive deal with the club, which means by getting out it does us a favour in some ways. But make no mistake, if someone had come in for him with a good deal in Jan-April he would have been off then. He was happy to carry on getting paid by us, and now Barnet are about and his old mate Tony Clitoris or whatever he's called, has come calling with a nice contract, he is happy to help us out by leaving!!! But didn't want to leave three months ago!!! No doubt the next job will be his last in football..............unless of course that doesn't end as he wants it and another club at our level comes along with a new deal for him!!!

John, you're a legend, a top man, and a great manager, you have given me some of the genuinely greatest memories of my life, but please please please spare me and everyone else the bu11sh1t!!!
Blackie645

Totally totally agree!
dagger4eva

At 10pm last night he said there was nothing confirmed.

Within 12 hours, terms have been agreed, contracts signed and announcement made.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/may/ ... c-manager/
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 am Lets be honest, Still has been rolling out the same clichés for years. He is absolutely the Harry Redknapp of the lower leagues.

"always loved this club" "will be my last job in football" blah blah blah blah same old same old.

The bloke is a great manager, done great things for this club, helped all of us have some of the best days out of our lives. Also a Gentleman and clearly a nice bloke. Wouldn't argue with any of that at all. BUT, anyone who believes all his clichés and nonsense has been living on another planet for the past 20 years.

He has clearly been on a massive deal with the club, which means by getting out it does us a favour in some ways. But make no mistake, if someone had come in for him with a good deal in Jan-April he would have been off then. He was happy to carry on getting paid by us, and now Barnet are about and his old mate Tony Clitoris or whatever he's called, has come calling with a nice contract, he is happy to help us out by leaving!!! But didn't want to leave three months ago!!! No doubt the next job will be his last in football..............unless of course that doesn't end as he wants it and another club at our level comes along with a new deal for him!!!

John, you're a legend, a top man, and a great manager, you have given me some of the genuinely greatest memories of my life, but please please please spare me and everyone else the bu11sh1t!!!
That is called hitting the nail on the head.
Well said.
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 am Lets be honest, Still has been rolling out the same clichés for years. He is absolutely the Harry Redknapp of the lower leagues.

Top post.
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:49 am At 10pm last night he said there was nothing confirmed.

Within 12 hours, terms have been agreed, contracts signed and announcement made.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/may/ ... c-manager/
Billy bullshi!t

Regardless of the off the pitch issues, the performances September through to January were a joke, he failed massively on a monstrous budget.